Skirt friendly tested locations

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
nitrox

Skirt friendly tested locations

Post by nitrox »

I'm thinking about moving from CA to WA after finding that IN has no respect nor tolerance for blokes in skirts. I also have family up in WA as well as skating, and I know there are some people up there who have tested the water and know it's fine for walking and swimming; so to speak.
hiker

Post by hiker »

nitrox wrote:I'm thinking about moving from CA to WA after finding that IN has no respect nor tolerance for blokes in skirts. I also have family up in WA as well as skating, and I know there are some people up there who have tested the water and know it's fine for walking and swimming; so to speak.
Okay - I generally can struggle through abreviations but does this really say "I'm thinking about moving from California to Washington after finding out that Indiana has no respect nor tolerance for blokes in skirts."?
nitrox

Post by nitrox »

yeh, that's right
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Same problem

Post by Since1982 »

Umm, what exactly does that mean? You're moving from California because of how skirt wearers are treated in Indiana....hmmm Would it matter how they are treated in Pakistan too? Or Chile? Or anywhere else except Washington?:confused: :confused: :confused:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
dragonslain

Post by dragonslain »

The part of WA I live in seems to be very skirt friendly. I currently live in Bellevue and have found that the Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland area and the surrounding areas to be "open" to men in skirts. If you think about it though it's not that odd since Seattle is the birthplace and home of Utilikilts (I think that CitySkirt is also in the area).
nitrox

Post by nitrox »

Dragonslain; I'm thinking about moving to the more metro part of Washington such as the place where or near where you live, maybe Federal Way or something. I was also told by someone I think on the fone that it was the birthplace of grunge and several other anti authoritative things. Yet most people don't think of Washington as that advanced and just another northwestern state that well imagine lumberjacks.
DanR

Cost of living in Seattle

Post by DanR »

Just so you're prepared, be aware that Seattle has a high cost of living. Housing is especially stupid when it comes to prices. My wife and I live in a suburb across Lake Washington from Seattle. Ours is a two story, four bedroom, 2 and a half bath, two car garage, 2,100 square foot home with a view. Recent sales of similar homes around us (comps) has our place fast approaching a half million dollars and it isn't a mansion.

It comes down to a perceived value for the dollar again. The trade-off is a mild climate (only about 50 inches of rain a year here in the metro Seattle area), but just a few inches of snow will paralyze the region. (It's the number of overcast days that some people react badly to.) Lots of outdoor recreation options, beautiful scenery, a clean environment, a relaxed vibe and friendly folks just about all over. There are many cultural attractions around Seattle and Puget Sound. The art scene is vibrant and healthy as is music, dance, and drama. If that's not enough for you, Vancouver BC is just a two hour drive north.

Additionally, we have some of the best medical facilities in the country. (A primary reason I stay here.) In fact the paramedic idea was born and incubated here. I have used their services and they saved my life years ago. And if you have to suffer a heart attack, Seattle has the highest percentage of people trained in CPR. We're also one of the smartest states according to a survey conducted back in 2004. (I think we're number six or something like that.)

Our politics tend to skew liberal here. (Go figure. :rolleyes:) We have no state income tax but our other taxes are fairly repressive. It's an expensive place to do business. Our politicians are a mixed bag. Government handouts to big corporations and the wealthy are blatant and appalling.

Lastly, our traffic is downright horrible. I think the last ranking I read had us at #4 in the worst traffic in the nation. Los Angeles has better traffic management than we do.
Dan Richardson
The CitySkirt Company
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Wow, what great prices

Post by Since1982 »

DanR wrote:My wife and I live in a suburb across Lake Washington from Seattle. Ours is a two story, four bedroom, 2 and a half bath, two car garage, 2,100 square foot home with a view. Recent sales of similar homes around us (comps) has our place fast approaching a half million dollars and it isn't a mansion.
Compared to here that's a great price. I have my 2 bdrm, 1 bth 900 sq ft mobile home on the market, I've had offers of $450k which I've refused. I want a half million after real estate commissions. I can barely move around in my trailer, your place really sounds like a mansion to me. :) Wanna trade?
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Hmmm.... Seattle sounds a lot like Boston in so many ways. Hey, Boston isn't so cheap either.
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Post by binx »

DanR wrote:
Additionally, we have some of the best medical facilities in the country. (A primary reason I stay here.) In fact the paramedic idea was born and incubated here. I have used their services and they saved my life years ago. And if you have to suffer a heart attack, Seattle has the highest percentage of people trained in CPR. We're also one of the smartest states according to a survey conducted back in 2004. (I think we're number six or something like that.)
How's that area for allergies, molds and the like? Bad for breathing problems?
DanR wrote:Lastly, our traffic is downright horrible. I think the last ranking I read had us at #4 in the worst traffic in the nation. Los Angeles has better traffic management than we do.
How about the mass transit system? Is it on time, clean, and readily available to the working commuters?

binx
hiker

Post by hiker »

nitrox wrote:yeh, that's right
Okay now I'm really curious -- what does the skirt intolerance in Indiana have to do with moving from California to Washington?
DanR

Post by DanR »

binx wrote:How's that area for allergies, molds and the like? Bad for breathing problems?

How about the mass transit system? Is it on time, clean, and readily available to the working commuters?
My wife's an asthmatic and she has allergies too. It's bad news all the time for those conditions. Our humidity level isn't as bad as, say, Galveston TX, or some parts of Missouri, but everything grows here.

The transit system is actually fairly decent. Sound Transit has city buses running from Everett to Tacoma. It's even feasible (albeit quite indirect) to ride a collection of city buses from Olympia to Everett. It would take all day, but it's possible. We have some light rail for commuters. We just canceled the extension of the monorail line in Seattle. ("Look! We can have a transit system like in the Jetsons!") Our light rail isn't as extensive as Portland Oregon's, but we're taking the necessary steps. Our state ferry system is quite well-established, making life on the islands easier for those who work in Seattle. Some of our freeways (there are very, very few tollways in our state and they're all bridges, I think...none of them around Seattle) have express lanes (reversible) and we have tunnels for a limited amount of transit routes in downtown Seattle.

But if you compare us with, say, Vancouver BC or Portland, or even the Bay Area, we're not doing so well...yet.

The monorail plan was a boondoggle, but we should see light rail resurrected before the end of the decade.
Dan Richardson
The CitySkirt Company
DanR

Post by DanR »

Since1982 wrote:Compared to here that's a great price. I have my 2 bdrm, 1 bth 900 sq ft mobile home on the market, I've had offers of $450k which I've refused. I want a half million after real estate commissions. I can barely move around in my trailer, your place really sounds like a mansion to me. :) Wanna trade?
My in-laws live in Hernando, FL. Talk about some stupid real estate prices. Especially when the main cultural attraction in town is the Chicken King. And some serious mosquito action too.
Dan Richardson
The CitySkirt Company
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Stupid prices

Post by Since1982 »

DanR wrote:Talk about some stupid real estate prices.
Gee, I'm not so sure I'd call any real estate prices stupid, back in 1984 I bought a home in the Keys for $20,000.00 when the going rate was $15,000.00. Some folks called me stupid then for paying so much. A few years later I sold it for $125,000.00. No one called me stupid then, in fact they called me a "smart real estate investor". Things do change and different people have different reasons for paying what may seem a stupid price. I heard a long time ago that the best investment on Earth was earth/land and it seems to be continueing to be just that. (except maybe Google stock).:):):)

nitrox

Post by nitrox »

because I was in Indiana and tested unfriendly