Tartan Kilt with Flip Flops

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
LiuBang

Tartan Kilt with Flip Flops

Post by LiuBang »

20220706_134822_HDR.jpg
That's me two Julys ago in Edinburgh. Decided to wear my kilt with a T-shirt and flip-flops. Because I love it when women wear a unisex T-shirt + knee-length A-line skirt + flip flops. It's so simple and understated--nothing flamboyant. It proves skirts are so elegant and classy that they go with anything from a business suit to flip-flops.

Not being a true Scotsman I did wear underwear underneath. But underwear briefs, not boxers. I love the feeling of my bare thighs against each other and hate sweaty boxers clinging to my thighs.

One of the locals complemented me on my kilt (and was herself wearing a dress). Nothing says gender equality like the fact that both you and the woman complimenting your outfit are wearing skirts (yes, dresses are skirts).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tartan Kilt with Flip Flops

Post by Mouse »

You look totally fine to me. I think if you ever see Scottish football supporters you will see some guys sporting the same look.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Yes, a nice casual look there.
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Looks good, Liubang!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Liubang and welcome to the Cafe.

You look about 60 years younger than my old self, but I thought I'd post this so you can look forward to that sort of time bashing piano without music, or with?
Tell me what's your musical taste? Apart from Classical stuff I love show music and songs from the Old American Songbook. As I live there, Irish parlour songs are in high demand at parties &c. When I was your age and a student I used to play background medleys for hours in a restaurant. Helped with pocket money!.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

I concur with the casual style of the look (and I find it good). Actually the "flip flops" are the thing that catched on my eyes at a first glance :lol: I find that there's a mismatch between them and the rest, but don't see what you could wear instead (I'm not really a "foot-expert", far from it in fact)
KiltedBigWave
Member Extraordinaire

Post by KiltedBigWave »

Love the casual tartan kilt / skirt look, up my alley.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
LiuBang

Post by LiuBang »

Kirbstone wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:07 pm Hi Liubang and welcome to the Cafe.

You look about 60 years younger than my old self, but I thought I'd post this so you can look forward to that sort of time bashing piano without music, or with?
Tell me what's your musical taste? Apart from Classical stuff I love show music and songs from the Old American Songbook. As I live there, Irish parlour songs are in high demand at parties &c. When I was your age and a student I used to play background medleys for hours in a restaurant. Helped with pocket money!.

Tom
I'm 26-27 years old in the picture. Unfortunately I didn't take a recording but I'm playing Chopin's Heroic Polonaise in A Flat major in the picture.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

LiuBang wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:13 am

That's me two Julys ago in Edinburgh. Decided to wear my kilt with a T-shirt and flip-flops. Because I love it when women wear a unisex T-shirt + knee-length A-line skirt + flip flops. It's so simple and understated--nothing flamboyant.
I've look ar the photo a few times and not commented because there something about that I could not put my finger on that I wanted to say.

That is: it looks so natural.
Instead of saying that I was going into rant mode everytime.
LiuBang

Post by LiuBang »

Spirou003 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:57 pm I concur with the casual style of the look (and I find it good). Actually the "flip flops" are the thing that catched on my eyes at a first glance :lol: I find that there's a mismatch between them and the rest, but don't see what you could wear instead (I'm not really a "foot-expert", far from it in fact)
I chose to wear a kilt + flip flops because it's the modern equivalent of wearing a Greco-Roman tunic + sandals that Ancient Greco-Romans wore. Both are fundamentally the timeless, knee-length skirt + sandals combination. Elegant, classy, and timeless.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Well done Liubang! Do you teach piano, by any chance? Rattling off Chopin's Polonaise in A flat speaks of considerable accomplishment on the instrument.
For a time in my 20s-30s I memorised a plethora of pieces by well-known dead composers, but the amount of hours practice required daily to keep most of them 'on the boil' meant that pragmatically I had to put most of them on the back burner for revisiting when demand dictated and truthfully, consulting the score of a work long since not played is no big deal, a couple of days concentration brings them back flying anyway.

I'm especially fond of Chopin, of course, but at my age I can't thump a polonaise or Fantasy Impromptu out anymore. I just listen to those nowadays.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

LiuBang wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:13 am That's me two Julys ago in Edinburgh. Decided to wear my kilt with a T-shirt and flip-flops.
That's such a great look! I always wear kilts casually so it's nice to see examples of other people doing the same. I don't own a red tartan kilt but now I'm thinking I might give it a go. 8)
Bill

Post by Bill »

My wife says she likes the flip-flop look with a kilt. She shot this picture of me in St. Augustine, Florida a couple months back.
kilt-flip-flops-web.jpg
If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Bill wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:52 pm My wife says she likes the flip-flop look with a kilt.
Interesting. I also find some of my own best looks to be skirt+sandals. Maybe it's the lack of socks, I don't know.
LiuBang

Post by LiuBang »

rode_kater wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:23 am
Bill wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:52 pm My wife says she likes the flip-flop look with a kilt.
Interesting. I also find some of my own best looks to be skirt+sandals. Maybe it's the lack of socks, I don't know.
It's that Greco-Roman look. I shaved my leg hair in the picture to look even more like a Greco-Roman statue. Nothing says defending Western Civilization than dressing up like an ancient Greco-Roman.