Finally - Too Tired

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Finally - Too Tired

Post by Uncle Al »

At 73 years old, I know this from experience :D
Too Tired JPG 2024-04-14.jpg
Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Bee Guy

Re: Finally - Too Tired

Post by Bee Guy »

Uncle Al wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:09 am At 73 years old, I know this from experience :D

Uncle Al
Al,

Being just a few years younger than you, I'm not there, yet, but I can feel it coming on. I can't last as long as I once did, and it seems to take me longer to get things done.

Even though I've reduced the number of beehives I'm managing this year, I've still had more swarms escape from my hives than normal because I can't seem to get into them frequently enough to prevent/reduce the swarming. :roll:

Ed
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

It is encouraging to hear that someone else finds that it takes longer to get things done. I thought I was slowing down but time must be moving faster.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I am 67. Yeah, been slowing down too.

Also, I have noted the changes in physically appearance over the last couple years. Neck/throat looks gaunt. My skin has begun to look like that of old people.

Such is the transition from late middle age to the young-old years.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Whilst checking of how well I was doing with my exercises (for my age) it was this site that brought it home to me...https://foundationchiropractic.ca/at-ho ... s-testing/
The realisation that I am unlikely to ever better by very much the average push-up, for instance, of someone half my age was a bitter pill to swallow. It won't stop me trying though. I am up to 28 pushups so far.
Bee Guy

Post by Bee Guy »

SkirtsDad wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 am Whilst checking of how well I was doing with my exercises (for my age) it was this site that brought it home to me...https://foundationchiropractic.ca/at-ho ... s-testing/
The realisation that I am unlikely to ever better by very much the average push-up, for instance, of someone half my age was a bitter pill to swallow. It won't stop me trying though. I am up to 28 pushups so far.
Well, the good news is I'm off the table for the push-ups, so I guess I don't have to do any. :D
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

The rugby club normally using the Twickenham ground is called 'Wasps'. Not long ago they lost to Saracens in an inter-club game and when interviewed about this unexpected defeat, their coach said that they had only fielded their 'B' team.

Fact is, I hate honey and therefore would have no incentive to take up bee-keeping. Right now, here we have masses of dandelions out on all the road verges and I'm told they are great for bees, but I have yet to see even one such insect this year. The weather to date is far too cold and windy. I fully expect the cuckoos to delay their arrival here for a while yet, also.

SkD, Thanks for that domestic fitness test table. As to push-ups, Time is a great leveller. At age 22-24 I could perform from chest on the ground to straight elbows (no short-cuts) supervised 62 push-ups in a minute in our rowing club gym. A short guy on the squad managed 82! but that's leverage for you.
Add 60 years and at age 82 I simply cannot flatten my hands, wrist backwards on the floor anymore, due to advancing wrist arthritis, so for me, push-ups are out, sadly. On the plus side, because I still row regularly my VO Max tops your 65-yr-old figure handsomely.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Kirbstone wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:54 am The rugby club normally using the Twickenham ground is called 'Wasps'.
With my Aviation background, WASPs stands for Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP)
Fact is, I hate honey and therefore would have no incentive to take up bee-keeping.
Sorry to read this Tom, as honey has multiple medical benefits to mankind.
Right now, here we have masses of dandelions out on all the road verges and I'm told they are great for bees,
but I have yet to see even one such insect this year.
You can always make Dandelion Wine.

Waaaay back in high school(1966), I had my first job at a restaurant. One of the cooks loved to make homemade wine.

One night a couple of friends and I were camping in a pine-wooded area. This was near a major interstate toll road.
Heavy traffic at most times of the day. We heard an explosion and thought that a semi-truck tire blew out.
Turned out the explosion was in the cook 's basement. Her "Curing/Aging" of Dandelion Wine blew the front of
her cabinet off, resulting in a wine 'mess' in her basement.

- - There's Power In Them Weeds - -

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Seb

Post by Seb »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:20 pm You can always make Dandelion Wine.
I have made it twice, first time me and a friend made 20 litres, that was gone within a year. Second batch is still sitting in my cellar, been aging for 7 years now.
Ive also made wine on Apple, honey, raspberry, blank and red currants. I also brew my own beer, using an Aussie method, pale ale, turns out good.
I don't drink much anymore so my factory has slowed down, I usually just have a single glass of whiskey or something when I do.
Not alone with a dream, Just a want to be free, With a need to belong,
I am a skirtsman
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Freedom
Bee Guy

Post by Bee Guy »

Kirbstone wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:54 am Fact is, I hate honey and therefore would have no incentive to take up bee-keeping.
One of the best beekeepers in our area also hates honey. Never eats it. But he loves working with the bees. Year after year, his hives are the most productive in the area. On average, his hives produce 150 lbs each per year. He has developed a unique hive management system that allows him to do this. He is a frequently requested speaker at beekeeping organizations around the state.

Ed
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I love honey. I do not care for processed honey that has been heated and mixed together with other honeys from different hives. I want my honey single sourced and raw from 1 hive. It is much better for you and tastes better as well. :D :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Uncle Al,
Funny, I thought WASP was for White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.....like the Boston Tea party protagonists.

SkD, You mentioned tiredness and a while ago I suggested you mend your garden seat, broken in one of your pics. I attach a pic of something similar, which at the suggestion of MOH I knocked up as a wedding prezzie for the son of some old friends. I'm a woodwork nutter.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !