Actions Louder than Words.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Actions Louder than Words.

Post by STEVIE »

Letter to the editors were being discussed and it inspired this.
In case anyone hasn't noticed, I don't post in the pics and looks board.
A simple reason is that it is private and my skirting is very public which is how I like it.
Anyhow this is me out, about loud and proud yesterday, just like the day before, today and for as long as I can.
Editors don't need letters from me, they can publish and be damned well congratulated too.
Oops, one already has!
Steve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Actions Louder than Words.

Post by Barleymower »

Very nice Stevie, tell us all about the outfit. Starting with the shoes.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:27 pm In case anyone hasn't noticed, I don't post in the pics and looks board.
A simple reason is that it is private and my skirting is very public which is how I like it.
Should we have a pics area which is not hidden away for those of who don't mind showing the world? Then members would have a choice.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Okey Dokey BM,
From the ground up
Shoes from Hotter, soft and comfy, designed for women with foot challenges. The laces are elastic which effectively slip-ons.
The skirt is from Boden, all round pleats and the top is just a plain old v-neck.
The coat is from etsy, very much in the Sergeant Peppery style.
The hat from Jaxon & James is a bona fide Greek made fisherman's cap. I have a collection of their hats, including the bowler I wore in London.
That was that outfits first outing, won't be the last.
Mouse, I don't think we need a separate board for public shots. The option is there to be used, or not, just as I have done. I just don't see much point in being all shy and coy if you are out and about anyway.
In this day and age the whole world and his dog think they are David Bailey anyway, we don't have any control over what may be done with so called street photography.
Steve
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Mouse wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:36 pmShould we have a pics area which is not hidden away for those of who don't mind showing the world? Then members would have a choice.
Ah, but we already do -- viz Steve above; this is a public forum.

Photographs and attachments can be posted in any forum, it just that some of us live in backwards or "undeveloped" countries that have a lot of hate-behaviour which gets fanned-up in the online presence, and many of us don't necessarily want to put up with death-threats and harassment. In-person, such things can be dealt with using any number of tools and behaviours; online there's no effective defence. Hence the option.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

It was the Sargent Pepper coat that really caught my eye and the shoes. The shoes look a little like bowling shoes but not. I like them. The skirt is definitely not the major part of the outfit but without it, it wouldnt work so we'll.
Also very normal. Not a hint anywhere of him being her. Just a well dressed man about town.
I'm off now to look at greek fishing hats..
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

crfriend wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:23 pm
Mouse wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:36 pmShould we have a pics area which is not hidden away for those of who don't mind showing the world? Then members would have a choice.
Ah, but we already do -- viz Steve above; this is a public forum.

Photographs and attachments can be posted in any forum,
I thought the forums were for discussion under the different headings, not for personal pictures, unless showing a thing? Not suggesting Stevie done wrong, but I am still newish here and trying to do the wright thing. There are already pics of me in the Converse and Handbag threads, in the Free style section.

Stevie does look good. Very impressed that the coat hangs to exactly the same level as the skirt. The total look reminded me of those Yeomen guys at the Tower of London who now days have a skirt over trouser look, but in the past wore tights.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:12 pm The coat is from etsy, very much in the Sergeant Peppery style.
I quite like the coat - but having too many coats - dare not ask which vendor.
Seb
Distinguished Member

Post by Seb »

I have to agree, that coat is really nice looking and the red really pops! I'm gonna have to add that to my inspiration projects list to make something similar, looks really good at the same length as the skirt.
Not alone with a dream, Just a want to be free, With a need to belong,
I am a skirtsman
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Freedom
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:27 pm Letter to the editors were being discussed and it inspired this.
In case anyone hasn't noticed, I don't post in the pics and looks board.
Anyhow this is me out, about loud and proud yesterday, just like the day before, today and for as long as I can.
Editors don't need letters from me, they can publish and be damned well congratulated too.
Oops, one already has!
Steve.
If I look at this post, while not logged in, I don't see a picture, just a red line telling me I do not have permission to see..... So I don't see how this is Stevie out and proud?

However in this thread http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... 91#p257191 I see picture of me in Converse. What am I doing, that means my pictures are viewable to generate browsing, while Stevie's picture is not? I have just followed the instructions to use and link Flickr given by Milfmog in the hedding to the Pics area. Am I doing pictures wrong? I also see pictures of other members such as Coder and Uncle Al so I don't think it is due to me viewing on the computer which made the pictures?

To be clear, I have no problem in being seen, since I am out in public every day and anybody can take pictures of me. Some people even ask to take my picture!

I just want to learn and not do things wrong.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:21 pm I quite like the coat - but having too many coats - dare not ask which vendor.
Here's the link, Coder, "too many" is just a matter of opinion and money I guess.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TexturaDes ... t-shopname
Mouse wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:43 am If I look at this post, while not logged in, I don't see a picture, just a red line telling me I do not have permission to see..... So I don't see how this is Stevie out and proud?
Every day's a school day Mouse, I just tried it too and got the same result.
I must admit to being disappointed for having laboured under a misapprehension for quite a long time now.
Now my task is to rectify that situation, thanks for pointing it out.
Steve.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Hmmmm I think that all pictures uploaded within the board are reserved to registered members, no matter where they are being posted (I never use that feature, because I never got it to work and also I have a good tendancy for laziness). Am I right crfriend?

Then actually, how I see it working (assuming the above is true). There are private boards reserved to active members, and all other boards being visible to everyone, this only concerns messages's visibility. No matter which one we are speaking about, there are two kind of pictures, those uploaded within SkirtCafe which are reserved to members, and pictures that have been first uploaded to a different website before to be included here by using the external URL.

Stevie did upload his picture within SkirtCafe, and I guess he wasn't aware about the limitation. I honestly wasn't aware as well before this discussion popped up.

Below two examples, by embolding the part that makes the difference (unclickable links intended).
For instance, his picture's URL is "https://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/download/file.php?id=15961&mode=view"
Example of public picture: "https://snipboard.io/s2uYI6.jpg"
Result (yes, this is me at home, I wore this outfit twice the following days when going at work):
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Thank you Spirou003 for the explanation and really good to see you. I thought that we were not supposed to up load pictures to Skirtcafe since they took up space on servers that someone had to pay for. Hence we were to link pics from other places?
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:08 am Every day's a school day Mouse, I just tried it too and got the same result.
I must admit to being disappointed for having laboured under a misapprehension for quite a long time now.
Now my task is to rectify that situation, thanks for pointing it out.
Steve.
Sorry to give you work at Easter....
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Mouse wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:43 am If I look at this post, while not logged in, I don't see a picture, just a red line telling me I do not have permission to see..... So I don't see how this is Stevie out and proud?
Yes if I am logged out I see the same message and no picture. I don't know how Stevieie attaches his pics as there are no links in his posts and none are public.
Mouse wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:43 am However in this thread http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... 91#p257191 I see picture of me in Converse.
That thread is under the Freestyle Fashions forum which is public.
Mouse wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:43 am What am I doing, that means my pictures are viewable to generate browsing, while Stevie's picture is not? I have just followed the instructions to use and link Flickr given by Milfmog in the hedding to the Pics area. Am I doing pictures wrong? I also see pictures of other members such as Coder and Uncle Al so I don't think it is due to me viewing on the computer which made the pictures?

To be clear, I have no problem in being seen, since I am out in public every day and anybody can take pictures of me. Some people even ask to take my picture!

I just want to learn and not do things wrong.
I think that links to websites for public viewing will be visible anyway. My guess is that privacy relies on the "Pics and Looks" forum heading being not visible if you are not logged in. If I have your "Mouse at Work and Play" topic up on one tab and log out on another, then refreshing the "Mouse at Work and Play" page will disappear with a message "The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view this forum."
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.