YOGA skirts instead of leggings

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
big_daddy_thong

YOGA skirts instead of leggings

Post by big_daddy_thong »

most of the time I wear leggings but every once in awhile I like to wear a skirt to hot yoga class
the following examples are times when I have worn a skirt to yoga.

I recently bought 2 yoga skirts. They both have compression shorts underneath with a 2 inch inseam on one pair and 6 inch on the other. It takes so adjustment in getting used to the movements that I made in just tights. But I got received a lot of looks and positive comments from the yoga ladies.

Seasonal high temps for fall this Sunday morning. I wore an Anne Klein black knee length spandex and nylon skirt with a front panel to yoga practice with a forest green thong bodysuit underneath. I got lots of positive comment from the yoga mommas about my outfit.

Instead of the usual tights/leggings I have been wearing yoga skirts to practice.
My last two yoga classes I worn different outfits.
One day I wore a teal - aqua green yoga skirt with a muted orange sleeveless top and headband, Which in fact I wore all day out running errands and out working on my drive routes. Today I wore a sliver grey yoga skirt with a Gray thong bodysuit underneath and a grey t shirt combined with a black and gray camo headband.

One of the yoga teachers that I'm friendly with always compliments me on my outfits asked me why I was not wearing my wild and bright pattern tights anymore. I said it has been to hot out for tights and I just wanted to mix things up with my outfits for a change of pace. She said I look great no matter what I wear. She said that she always looks forward to what kind of outfit I will wear when I come in to the studio.

I wore my new navy blue yoga skirt with a six inch compression shorts built in and side pockets to hot yoga today and a blue thong bodysuit underneath and a blue under armour tank top. Most of the time It's the ladies that give me props, but today one of the yoga guys I'm friends with said that I look great in that outfit.

I wore my new plain black skirt (Spandex and nylon blend made for casual sports activities) out and about yesterday. Went down to get a bagel at the local deli coffee shop, The owner asked me if I was coming from yoga. But she has seen me in the morning with my tights on. I did wear my skirt to yoga with my tights underneath. I did not do yoga in my skirt but just slid them off for class. My tights did not have any pockets so it worked out after class, when I went to the store to pick up some groceries.

It's been to hot to wear tights this summer for regular use out and about town.
Yesterday, instead of my usual long tights - leggings I wore a blue yoga skirt with the built in compression shorts, side pockets and 6 inch inseam to hot yoga. They have fall just above the knees. Afterwards I went to get gas for my car. I went inside to buy a MEGA millions ticket and beer. The friendly clerk complimented me on my skirt asked me if I was playing tennis. I told her I was doing yoga. I told her I've just started wearing skirts recently in place of shorts. She agreed the skirts are much cooler to beat the heat.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: YOGA skirts instead of leggings

Post by crfriend »

Mod Hat on:

Gentle note to posters. This is to remind that "underwear is not public fashion" and we don't discuss "what grids our loins" in public. These guidelines are in place for a reason. Please desist. Thank you.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!