Weather in your location ?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
stephanie53

Re: Weather in your location ?

Post by stephanie53 »

Cool to cold nights here, low 30, with high 50's low 60's mid afternoons. The past week we've had rain, heavy wind, snow in the mountains, sun, dark clouds. So the whole gambit, for Northern California
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Some bloke here predicted last June that come Nov/Dec/January the days would be darker, shorter, colder and perhaps even wetter. He was right and his prophesy has come true.!
Just today we motored about 25 miles on a twisty country road to a village high in the Wicklow foothills to croak in a Christmas Church concert. SATB, organ, keyboard, string quartet &c., and all very uplifting and well attended, but the trip back in heavy rain and against a lot of headlights was less than pleasant.

It is mild here with night temps like day temps 7-10 deg C but a lot of wind and rain, too. They're naming our storms alphabetically. The latest one is F for Fergus, I believe. Windy place, this.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

The weather here in Denver where I live has been quite pleasant for this time of year we have had some cold days but plenty of days that I am comfortable wearing a skirt out bare-legged. I won't call it unusual because I have lived in the area for many years and warmer winter days are not that uncommon. I don't have data readily available to say that the number of those days is increasing, but a lot of people seem to think so.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Not quite a white Christmas but it looks like we are going to have a cool Christmas day this year.
I am going out for Christmas dinner and will be choosing an appropriate mini skirt (no I don't have red one with white trim).
xmas weather.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Certainly not snowy down under.
Forecast for Christmas day here is 34 °C with thundery showers, temps up until New Years day between 32°C and 38°C with showers and possible thunderstorms most days.
Overnight lows for the period between 21°C and 25°C.

Good weather for keeping the fridge stocked with beer.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Supposed to be rainy with a high of 52F Christmas day.
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

Now it's raining, about 2°C (about 34°F), the view fro my window is on the attached file - about 16 o'clock od CET (15 o'clock GMT).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia
Bill

Post by Bill »

We're about to change our location and do the "snowbird thing" here on the east coast of the USA. The wife and I are only moving 500 miles south - to Myrtle Beach, SC - but the average winter temperatures there are 20 degrees (f) higher than here in Delaware. Packing will include a black utility kilt and three USA Kilts casual numbers, one swimming suit (indoor pool), two pair of shorts and (maybe) one pair of jeans. Also I'll have leggings, a variety of t-shirts and polos, a sweater or two and a jacket. Nothing formal. Plus I'll have a laptop with external monitor, camera gear and a keyboard to keep up with piano lessons. Starting to pack after dinner tonight.
If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Rain this afternoon.  Rain yesterday.  Rain the day before.  Rain for 3 months before that.

I had to make a journey of about 50 miles yesterday. There had been a downpour near Malmesbury; the land was already saturated and the drainage ditches full so the road became a river with runoff from fields and side roads. The traffic was queued back for miles as petrol-engined cars took it in turns to drive in opposite directions on the shallow side of the road so as not to swamp their electrics.  I could see that, in fact, it wasn't very deep, so I stayed on my side of the road and slowly drove straight through (in a diesel-engined van with the engine air intake mounted fairly high up).

The forecast for the next few days is: Heavy rain, rain, rain, showers, mist, fog, drizzle and rain.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

Here in London.. mild but wet, very wet, very very wet!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Trekking across the Great Central Irish Desert recently I came across a real live human squatting in the shade of the only tree for miles. In conversation he could confirm that there were people still living who remember rain to have fallen thereabouts. Apparently it succeeded in revitalising a few flower seeds which briefly produced a few blossoms, soon to wither and not be seen again for at least a generation......

Like the Kerryman sitting alone on the top of Ireland's highest mountain who begged Noah sailing by to take him on board the Ark. only to be summarily rejected. He said ' Bad cess to you and sail on. Tiz only a shower anyway'.

Looking at the English TV weather presenters, who stand blocking out the Republic and wave their arms in the direction of England Scotland & Wales &c muttering about the atrocious rainfall &c they're having. It all screams in from the Atlantic & overflies us without touching us, of course!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Weather in Brisbane, QLD, Australia is back into the low 30s °C and around 21°C overnight low. Quite normal. The week before new year saw temps up to 38 - 39°C. Nice and cool now, around 26°C at 11pm, but the mozzies are becoming a problem...
Seb

Post by Seb »

We had a short reprive between Christmas and new years but the cold snap is back. Last two mornings we had lows of -27°c and highs at -23°c. Today the high hit -16°c. But its forecast to be a milder -10°c during the week now. Atleast its sunny and beautiful outdoors.

I live in an old house so it leaks a lot of heat, first floor has been between 10-14°c the last four days, had to take all the non alchoholic liquids out of the pantry because they froze. We moved upstairs and have kept the fireplace on the second floor burning since then to keep that floor livable.
Not alone with a dream, Just a want to be free, With a need to belong,
I am a skirtsman
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Freedom
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Today very wet and humid which is unusual for Jan., last night down to 20C, today about 24C.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fourteen inches of widowmaker snow and a dead relationship because my lady-friend doesn't want to be with a "half-man half-woman wimp". I went outside a few minutes ago to help a neighbour and got overheard cursing about the matter, and instructed the onlookers that "If I drop, wait until the body is cold and stiff before calling the medics!" Because, at this point I DO NOT CARE any longer.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!