National Skirt Day March 10th

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: National Skirt Day March 10th

Post by crfriend »

Modoc wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:27 pmFor Insatance Dec 8 Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day would be a perfect opportunity to wear a skirted garment from the past or the future. who could argue. :)
That's also a minor holiday in the computer-history field in honour of DEC's PDP-8 line of computers. The High Holiday is DEC-10, which celebrates the absolutely astonishing PDP-10 class of computers.

Funnily, one of the cracks I occasionally make when folks query me about my attire is, "If I somehow manage to come across as a slightly confused time-traveller, that's partly by intent!" But that can be any random day irrespective of holidays. I'll see if I can dig up a sepia-toned photo I have of myself on the steps of Ladd Observatory in Providence, RI that perfectly captures things -- if it wasn't for the sunglasses, it'd be impossible to tell when it was taken. There are elements in that image from three distinct centuries.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: National Skirt Day March 10th

Post by STEVIE »

Modoc wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:27 pm whole list of observances by date, at least in the US. There are many and a creative imaginative person could work skirts into a lot of them if he felt so inclined.
For example, all the delta alpha yankee days.
Perfect!
Steve.