Cluster B Society

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Cluster B Society

Post by Barleymower »

https://www.city-journal.org/article/th ... -b-society

"Men in dresses are celebrated in the public square"

Er....
1. They are not celebrated in the public square
2. A man should be able to express himself as he chooses. If he does choose to wear the forbidden dress then YES he should be celebrated!
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Cluster B Society

Post by rode_kater »

What a bizarre article. It starts with the assumption that psychological disorders are transmissible, and then proceeds to show that everyone is getting infected. And this gem doesn't makes sense at all:
And, according to an older study, more than 50 percent of mothers with gender-dysphoric boys suffer from borderline personality disorder themselves—a remarkable transmission rate of psychopathology.
They assert either BDP is causing gender-dysphoria, or the other way round. Neither of which make sense.

The article itself is referenced widely by anti-trans sites and I can't find any balanced discussion about it. From my reading the sample size of 16 makes it essentially useless as a guide.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

The article is (among other attacks) a thinly veiled attack on the trans community . It is also associating men in dresses alongside transgender women. They are not the same at all and undermines the progress of gender free clothing.
I have nothing against the trans community and I dont think it fair to persecute them in this manner.

:buttkick: :evil:
TSH
Distinguished Member

Post by TSH »

Didn't bother reading the rest of this nonsensical, garbled mess of a writing piece. This is some no-life dunce who spends his entire miserable existence writing dumb articles about how "EEEVIILLLLL!!!" the Left is. Piss off.
Barleymower wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:07 pm https://www.city-journal.org/article/th ... -b-society

"Men in dresses are celebrated in the public square"

Er....
They are not celebrated in the public square
See? That, right there, is a glaring admission that this is yet another fool without a coherent thought in their head and is out of touch with reality.
Last edited by TSH on Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

Barleymower wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:12 pm The article is (among other attacks) a thinly veiled attack on the trans community . It is also associating men in dresses alongside transgender women. They are not the same at all and undermines the progress of gender free clothing.
I have nothing against the trans community and I dont think it fair to persecute them in this manner.

:buttkick: :evil:
I agree Barleymower but a large part of society listens to or is inluenced by people who make a lot of noise and find ways to attack issues from angles that are meant to bring emotions into play so that it makes their position more important and moral.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

That is the problem with this article and articles like it. It is drivel but it is the kind drivel people like to read, agree with and quote.
It's difficult enough bringing in real change for men without being hijacked and blamed in the process for something else.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Barleymower wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:16 pm It's difficult enough bringing in real change for men without being hijacked and blamed in the process for something else.
Ah - yeah - just last night an opinion TV show was on and they had to show a clip of the "violent crossdresser hitting people with a hammer":

https://nypost.com/2023/10/04/seattle-m ... gers-cops/

And of course my mom laughed at the segment - I cringed (she knows about my skirt wearing, but doesn't approve). I don't think she did it intentionally - but that's the reaction the news wants. Here we have an unhinged - actually dangerous - individual, wearing clothes that "aren't right" or "appropriate" - which clearly makes the person dangerous (not the hammer)... and then them actually doing something bad - well clearly the two are associated, sigh.
TSH
Distinguished Member

Post by TSH »

Coder wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:10 am
Barleymower wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:16 pm It's difficult enough bringing in real change for men without being hijacked and blamed in the process for something else.
Ah - yeah - just last night an opinion TV show was on and they had to show a clip of the "violent crossdresser hitting people with a hammer":

https://nypost.com/2023/10/04/seattle-m ... gers-cops/

And of course my mom laughed at the segment - I cringed (she knows about my skirt wearing, but doesn't approve). I don't think she did it intentionally - but that's the reaction the news wants. Here we have an unhinged - actually dangerous - individual, wearing clothes that "aren't right" or "appropriate" - which clearly makes the person dangerous (not the hammer)... and then them actually doing something bad - well clearly the two are associated. Sigh.
The comments on the article are really somethin' else. Racist and anti-LGBT jokes, the "entire world" being unhinged based off of one crazed individual from a small portion of one country in the world, men in dresses are somehow mentally ill, shouldn't be trusted, and deserved to be thrown in an institution, and general denial that white supremacy is still obviously a real concern in this country just because of this single black person holding a hammer and allegedly attacking two people with it.

By a big-brained smart person:
_"He is worse than an animal

why is he not locked up."_
People who go around brandishing tools like weapons do need help, but saying a person "is worse than an animal" is just insulting, since humans ARE animals, and plenty of animals are capable of morality. Animals also don't rape the world nearly as much as people do, so half this comment is unbelievably idiotic, just like the rest of the dumbs***s in the comment section. New York Post is yet another garbage article I'll be ignoring from now on. F*** the people who contribute to it, and its moronic conservative viewers.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

TSH wrote: New York Post is yet another garbage article I'll be ignoring from now on. F*** the people who contribute to it, and its moronic conservative viewers.
Hi TSH I am a hard conservative, And I resent being called moronic. You are painting everyone who identifies as conservative with a broad brush. We are NOT! Please show some regard for others who do not live up to the things you expect them to. We here are of all stripes of politics, religions, colors and sexual identities. I myself try as hard as I can to not cut down anyone who wears makeup, jewellery etc.etc. I don't care it is what they enjoy.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:57 pmHi TSH I am a hard conservative, And I resent being called moronic.
What we have here, I suspect, is the confusion between the classic English meaning of "conservative" (he who is hesitant to undertake change for the simple sake of change) with the modern slang usage of "Conservative" (which is a synonym for 'reactionary') and this is causing undue angst. (Note the use of the capitalised "C" in the modern usage. That's there for a reason. Nobody else uses it so.)

There's also the troubling shift that happened in the late '70s and early '80s where the entire world underwent a dramatic shift to the hard right pretty much all at once. The jury is still out on what precipitated that, but it's largely been a disaster for the civilised world.

Hilariously, I regarded myself as a conservative in my late childhood as I was reticent about change without darned good reason; today I am regarded as a flaming leftist. The interesting thing here is that my absolute position hasn't changed one iota -- the world shifted around me and I am now mischaracterised as what I'm not. Something went very, very badly wrong somewhere.

The shift in meanings also has the power to alter history and technology. Consider the wise writings of Jon Postel (Internet RFC editor for years) who commented on good communications practise, "Be liberal in what you accept and conservative in what you transmit." That statement means something completely different today -- and cheapens things greatly.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
TSH
Distinguished Member

Post by TSH »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:57 pm
TSH wrote: New York Post is yet another garbage article I'll be ignoring from now on. F*** the people who contribute to it, and its moronic conservative viewers.
Hi TSH I am a hard conservative, And I resent being called moronic. You are painting everyone who identifies as conservative with a broad brush. We are NOT! Please show some regard for others who do not live up to the things you expect them to. We here are of all stripes of politics, religions, colors and sexual identities. I myself try as hard as I can to not cut down anyone who wears makeup, jewellery etc.etc. I don't care it is what they enjoy.
I was merely speaking specific to people who write articles there, and the people who consume that rancid horses***. It was never my mention to generalize conservatives as a whole, but let's be real, here. A lot of them are pricks who are for laws which oppress certain groups of people. Reading the 70+ idiotic comments posted there would make you wish there was a reset (or more preferably, a permanent OFF) button on humanity. I know this doesn't excuse the aggressive, bitter, hostile attitude I demonstrated throughout this website, and I apologize for it. I need to vent my frustrations, somehow, though — get people to understand the anger we ALL share to some degree. Sure. We can settle our differences of politics, colors, and sexual identities, but religion is ultimately the nadir of humanity — brings about its worst qualities into a coalescent institution.