Stevie D

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Stevie D

Post by pelmut »

I'm sorry to report that I've just heard of the death of Stevie D in 2021.  Many of the older members here will remember him as an active and thoughtful contributor with a deep understanding of transgender people.  Purely by chance I recently met someone with the same surname who turned out to be his son and informed me of the sad news.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Uncle Al

Re: Stevie D

Post by Uncle Al »

Sad but thanks for the information :(

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

My condolences.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I am sorry to read of the passing of StevieD. My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife once many years ago and enjoyed his company. We didn't always agree on things, and I think his interest in the idea of men wearing skirts became a bit entangled with gender identity in the years that followed and he absented himself from this site, which was a pity. Nevertheless, he was a smart and genuine guy and it's sad he was taken at a relatively young age.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

This is, indeed, very sad news. I recall his presence fondly, and his interest in geology was just amazing. He is missed, even from afar.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Very sad news. I met him on several occasions. A lovely gentle soul with warm eyes and demeanour.

I miss his balanced and sensitive comments on this forum.