skirt for men is the main trend at Paris Fashion week

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: skirt for men is the main trend at Paris Fashion week

Post by Modoc »

One of my pet peeves is being able to find footwear to wear with some of the skirts that I have. Clunky is ok for some of the things that I have and I wear them that way. I have searching for something in a low heel, less than 3 inches with closed toes in various styles. There are plenty of sites that offer something I might like that are supposedly made for men's feet that are my size (13). So far the only thing That I can find is Swedish clogs made by Troentorp that aren't too expensive. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of shoes on sites that cater to drag queens and crossdressers and tend to be rather outrageous and not for everyday wear. That's great if it fits one's style, but few appeal to me, and the ones that do seem to be always out of stock in my size. The quest goes on. :) :)
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Re: skirt for men is the main trend at Paris Fashion week

Post by phathack »

Modoc wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:10 pm One of my pet peeves is being able to find footwear to wear with some of the skirts that I have. Clunky is ok for some of the things that I have and I wear them that way. I have searching for something in a low heel, less than 3 inches with closed toes in various styles. There are plenty of sites that offer something I might like that are supposedly made for men's feet that are my size (13). So far the only thing That I can find is Swedish clogs made by Troentorp that aren't too expensive. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of shoes on sites that cater to drag queens and crossdressers and tend to be rather outrageous and not for everyday wear. That's great if it fits one's style, but few appeal to me, and the ones that do seem to be always out of stock in my size. The quest goes on. :) :)
@Modoc
I feel you, I'm a men's size 13 as well. There used to be a couple of brands that specialized in men 's-sized women's style shoes and a women's brand that had size 15 shoes.
The men's shoe size company went out of business several years ago and the women's brand pulled rack to womens size 13. From what I can tell Pleaser is the only brand still making large-size womens shoes, 14/16, unfortunately, the majority of their styles cater to the crossdressing community.

https://janetscloset.com/product-catego ... ps/page/2/