skirt for men is the main trend at Paris Fashion week

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
hommeurbain

skirt for men is the main trend at Paris Fashion week

Post by hommeurbain »

Here are some news from Paris France where most of fashion shows included skirt for men https://hommeurbain.com/ou-trouver-une-jupe-pour-homme/
e2k2houck

Re: skirt for men is the main trend at Paris Fashion week

Post by e2k2houck »

if the fashion industry was really serious about skirts and dresses for men they would make them not for the "runway" and more for "main street" so that real men would wear them. I have been wearing my Lightheart Gear and Purple Rain Adventure skirts exclusively for almost 3 years. The only time I'm not in a skirt is when I am on my motorcycle. Both companies make skirts that work for both man and woman.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Think Miranda Priestly in the Devil wears Prada and the blue jumper scene
https://m.youtube.com/watch?embeds_refe ... a2fgquYTCg
There's a huge untapped market, if men can be persuaded to expand their wardrobe and society can accept it.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

If the best they can do is that ugly looking bunch of skirts I don’t think it will catch on.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

More exposure is always a good thing. It may not be to the liking of every MIS advocate but repeating the idea that it's okay for men to wear skirts at whatever level doesn't hurt in my opinion.
When major manufacturers become convinced that skirts for men could make them lots of money then you will see them come around with product to put on the racks. When we men skirt wearers show them that that market is there the product will be there and not likely before that.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I notice one thing of the men wearing skirts and dresses: the clunky footwear. I guess a lot of men feel like they have to butch things up so they don't look "sissy". I'm thankful that I have gone.past that fear.

John
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

John, I see the attraction to finer footwear but truly I'm not a fan. In the skirt dept I confess my liking for good fabrics but shoes... I'm really happy in shoes and boots
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

JohnH wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:05 am I guess a lot of men feel like they have to butch things up so they don't look "sissy".
Footwear is just a matter of personal taste and comfort, anything goes!
"Sissy" is one of the words used to browbeat and frighten us into fashion conformity.
Should have been consigned to history long ago.
Note, "butch" as applied to a female, has radically different implications and impact on the individual too.
Steve.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

JohnH wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:05 am I notice one thing of the men wearing skirts and dresses: the clunky footwear. I guess a lot of men feel like they have to butch things up so they don't look "sissy". I'm thankful that I have gone.past that fear.
Is this really a men thing? If I look around many women wearing shorter skirts are also wearing chunky shoes/trainers. I think people do it for balance. I don't see it nearly as much with longer skirts.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

When it comes to foot wear, I stick with the Tried & True :!:
I don't like the thought of paying through the nose for a 'once-or-twice'
worn shoe, especially when it comes to ginormous sizes(like mine).

The shoe's I'm currently using are SAS(San Antonio Shoe) which was
purchased at their outlet store, about 2010-11 or so. I've replaced the
insoles ONCE, for a cost factor of $30.00(rounded off). The original
cost of the shoes was about $180-200.00. I'ld say I've gotten my monies
worth out of those shoes :D

Around the house, I wear house-slippers - even mowed the yard wearing them.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

My heels are not once or twice wear but I will grant you they just don't have the durability of men's shoes. I lost a heel tip, but thanks to EBAY I was able to replace the heel tip on my own. I have never paid more than $47.00 for a pair of heels except for a pair of high heel boots. And I wear 11 wide in women's shoes.
It's interesting that most of the women in my church don't get dolled up as much as I do; not many of them wear high heels. And I see more women wearing trousers than dresses.

John
Last edited by JohnH on Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

I don't go for this clumpy footwear with skirts and dresses thing in men or women. I love court shoes on me or on women. Heels can actually be quite comfortable if you wear leather ones but as I get older (sixties) I am finding spindly heels increasingly tedious on pavements and even indoors I am often wearing medium height courts with quite chunky heels.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I spoke to a woman at church once (in my kilt), and she remarked that she liked skirts on men, and then trailed off with "...but the shoes..."

Some time I hope to find a way of reviving the conversation!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

If I get a kilt I will wear thigh high stockings as I don't care for bare knees. To each his own.

John
AntoineParis

Post by AntoineParis »

JohnH wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:05 am I notice one thing of the men wearing skirts and dresses: the clunky footwear. I guess a lot of men feel like they have to butch things up so they don't look "sissy". I'm thankful that I have gone.past that fear.

John
I tend to wear clunky footwear. But that's because I think it goes well with a skirt. Just like a floral shirt goes well with military pants