Interesting Amazon Review from a Guy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Interesting Amazon Review from a Guy

Post by FranTastic444 »

I've been on the search again for some new clothing and I came across an interesting review for one of the skorts that I had in mind. Very SkirtCafe-minded review, and I think he (Technologist, if you care to take a look at the see all photos / image gallery) carries off the outfits well.

Who says men can't have a little fun with fashion?
I am 6'2 and around 175 pounds and the medium fit me perfectly. They are very comfortable and I think they look super cute if I do say so myself. I love all of the color and pattern choices too! The skort is a nice variation to the pretty mundane wardrobe choices that are available if you only choose to shop in the mens department.

Ekouaer Women's Athletic Skorts
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting Amazon Review from a Guy

Post by Modoc »

I have seen some reviews of dresses, skirts, and other items on Amazon and Etsy as well with pictures and descriptions that I thought may very well have been males. They do provide some interesting perspectives on garments that some other men might be interested in.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

SKORTS - nothing more than a short pair of shorts worn attached at the waist beneath a little longer hem length skirt.
The shorts may match the same color pattern of the skirt or be contrasting to show off a little variance aka *exposed thrill*

Often the skort ("O" instead of an "I") is bought for the skirt patterned and the shorts portion cut out ***
*** I have done this to several of my skorts making them true skirts albeit MINI-skirts for sure !

Commonly since the skort has shorts the total hem length of the skirt can or maybe shorter than a similar skirt without -
the modesty issue is of course satisfied.

At any one time on eBay there are some 40K skorts available for purchase or bid.

Plain solid (dark) colors are easier to wear and blend in with the crowd instead of the bold shocking color applications !

"Try them - you may (will) likem" !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

RM - my foray into the mystical world of the skort has been somewhat forced upon me. I'm looking for something that is lightweight and moisture-wicking that I can use for cycling and running and maybe also for hiking in the future. Trying to find something that fits the bill that doesn't have attached shorts has beaten me (though I must admit I have only perused Amazon - I had a bad experience with eBay years ago and have steered clear from that site since then).

As per your previous post, my current Amazon order consists of black and gray garments. I have ambitions of getting something more striking and bold in the future, but throwing off the shackles of 50+ years of wearing almost exclusively black, gray and blue clothing has proven to be more difficult than I imagined :-) Linking into one of my other current posts, I am inspired by the posts of SkortedMan on Instagram, who certainly has no problem with donning brash and contrasting skorts!