Things that I wear or do that are considered femme by others

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
big_daddy_thong

Things that I wear or do that are considered femme by others

Post by big_daddy_thong »

For me the things that I wear or do that are considered femme by others:
toenail polish
shave armpits
wear skirts and kilts
wear tights and leggings
Brazilian wax
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Things that I wear or do that are considered femme by others

Post by JeffB1959 »

Dresses
Tights and pantyhose
High heeled shoes (anywhere from two to four inches)
Earrings
Necklaces (including pearls)
Handbags
Last edited by JeffB1959 on Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

Wear High heels. Not too high. 2.75 inches is my limit.
Wear Skirts
Polish fingernails. So far clear only. Colors may follow.
Use Concealer to hide a surgical scar on my face before it healed.
Occasional manny-peddy
Seeing rom-com movies
Wear tights or pantyhose
Hanging with the girls and hearing what they talk about.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

• Manny Peddy
  • Polish Fingernails And Toenails
  • Shave Armpits
  • Manscape
  • Wear Skirts And Kilts
  • Wear various Tops, Shorts, and Pants in Women's Sizes.
  • Wear Tights, Panty Hose And Leggings,
  • Yoga Pants / Shorts
  • High Heeled Shoes Up To 3", Most are boots.
  • Handbags
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

I have found that using a purse, handbag, shoulder bag, etc. is a very sensible thing. Not having to unload and reload pockets and deal with the bulges and uncomfortable lumps is worth the few odd takes that happen as a result. This may sound odd but I do prefer to buy skirts and dresses with pockets but I don't like to have those pockets stuffed with man-crap. :D
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
jjjjohanne

Post by jjjjohanne »

• Shave my legs
    Wear skirts and dresses.
    Wear pantyhose (Though, I don't know many women who do that.)
    Wear heels/flats.
    Watch romantic movies.
    Sew.
    Took my daughter shopping at Cato.
    Do dishes/laundry (Is that still considered femme?)
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

jjjjohanne wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:42 pm Do dishes/laundry (Is that still considered femme?)
Hell's teeth, absolutely not!

I am a house-dad, and do most of the cooking and much of the dishwashing (though Mrs B does the laundry).
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:23 pm
jjjjohanne wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:42 pm Do dishes/laundry (Is that still considered femme?)
Hell's teeth, absolutely not!
Hell, I'm a bachelor and have to do all of those things and then some in the course of simply living life, They are quite simply life skills. This includes things like sewing. Those cannot even remotely be classified as "feminine" (whatever that may may mean in this day and age where it looks like the "women" are more "masculine" than "men").

Feh!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

All of the tasks in and around our home are not considered chores but tasks to do because we have pride in the appearance of ourselves and our home. We share!
brennk

Post by brennk »

My list is fairly short...
- Wear nylons (mainly in winter)
- Wear leggings/yoga pants casually and for workouts
- Usually wearing women's jeans or shorts
- Wear Tieks ballet flats ALL the time!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Here's my list:

Wear a bra (cup size DD with no filler)
Wear a cross-body purse
Put nail lacquer (polish) in my fingernails
Wear lipstick.and.eye makeup for church
Wear 50 to 75 mm (2 to 3 inch) heels for church. (I hate US customary measurements!)
Wear nylon stockings for church
Wear dresses (I have not worn trousers since mid June)
Have hair beyond shoulder length
Shave armpits and legs

Something that is DEFINITELY not feminine: My bass voice.

Something that I REALLY wish cross dressers would do: Use their real masculine names as MEN instead of made-up feminine names and trying to imagine themselves as women. I really would like men's choice of clothing to expand beyond the dull prosaic coat and tie outfit for formal wear. And what's wrong with men enhancing their appearance with makeup?

John
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I wear skirts
I wear tights (sheer, opaque, never over 60 denier)
I sometimes wear heels.

That’s it.

I don’t think I do anything that’s “femme” although I can show emotion, especially watching films. However I see that as being human.
Last edited by Ray on Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

I wear skirts
I used to wear tights but I don't anymore, I find them too tight around the nether regions.
I don't wear any other fem wear but never say "never". If I found the right article in would certainly try it.

I always got my eye out for a nice looking dress that I want and suits me. I would like to get short jumper that ends at the skirt waist band. All my jumpers are long, manly jumpers that go well with trousers but make my legs look short in a skirt.

I've also got my eye out for some groovy culottes. Another item taken from the men's wardrobe and never returned. Men are sans-culottes!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

• I use a small purse for petty cash which I use when shopping, saves putting it in a skirt pocket and it falling out on the car seat.
  • I often drive a very small car, known as kei jishoda (軽自動車) in Japan, not sure if it is femme but it certainly is the opposite to macho.
  • I wear clogs in winter, wooden soul with leather upper, which have a bit of a heel so one's feet stay in them. If they are not femme then the loud clop,clop sound makes up for it.
  • I like to wear bright colours at times.
  • I often carry a bright pink shopping bag. They are the sort that replaced disposable plastic bags and each business had it own colour, Woolworths used green, Coles had some floral ones and Aldi had bright pink. I used to stuff them all into a green bag to look less conspicuous but the Aldi bag was bigger so I now just go with bright pink.
  • I drink tea from fine china with floral decoration.
  • I don't know if my denim mini skirts would be considered femme; if not then I do wear flowy skater skirts on hot summer days.
  • I am secretary for a club and if that is not femme any more then sometimes I wear a mini skirt whilst carrying out that role.
I do all the cooking, washing and housework, as I live alone, and if that is not considered femme then attitudes are improving.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

In private I prefer at least some form of skirt or dress at all times. Mostly I also have all the underwear a woman would have and I have expensive breast forms. Plus a slip which few modern women bother with but for me it transforms the way a skirt or dress moves, hangs and feels. I always accompany an outfit with a woman's watch, bangles, clip-on earrings, a necklace and a draped scarf. Occasional lipstick but no other make up or wig.

Going out in public as a man in a skirt looks better with sandals and bare legs or tights and some type of women's shoes or boots. Usually no other women's accessories, and usually a male top. I have worn dresses as a male but I feel that a top (of either gender origin) and a skirt work better. I usually wear a male hat too but this is more of a disguise than a fashion statement.

Most of the public appearances in my skirted clothes are in a dress fully dressed and presenting as a woman, complete with full make-up, scent, leather handbag, leather gloves, leather court shoes, a wig and body language (and name). I have aa selection of coats and umbrellas for winter. I do not identify as a woman or imagine I am one. I am simply acting and having fun. I get endorphins from this. I am rather good at this though I say so myself though I suspect that anyone paying any attention would at least suspect my true gender. I have had very expensive colour and style consultations and spend a lot on my carefully chosen clothes. The one thing I DON'T like about these excursions is changing my voice, especially if I am in the company of a woman who knows me in my male life. When we are alone in the car I revert to my own voice. Though I own women's trousers I don't wear them - I am into this primarily for the dresses to the extent that I hardy ever wear skirts (though I have on at the moment). My armpits and legs are de-haired and my chest and back are hair-free anyway. I do not have pierced ears or long hair, and my eyebrows are unmanaged.

Apart from obscure and expensive forms of cosmetics I have bought every type of clothing and accessory marketed to women. So the corsets, opera gloves, hats and wedding outfits (guest ones!) rarely come out to play. This reminds me of the one item I have no desire to wear - a wedding dress. Other items associated with women I avoid at all times are fluffy animals, sky-high heels, neon plastic jewellery and anything pink. It is not just that pink doesn't suit me (it doesn't) - it just comes across as trying too hard. Ditto frills, false eyelashes, ultra-long nails, contoured make-up, big boobs, ruffles, lace and any form of ornamented tights. I choose 38B. Stockings and suspender belt about once every ten years - life is too short.

So then as well as a male skirt wearer I am a full on cross dresser but have no trans tendencies. As the only physiological change I get is the surge of endorphins there is no need to hide anything, and I have never worn hip enhancement even in private. People do like their boxes, and I don't fit in any of them. If people assume I am a woman I take it as a compliment to my acting nothing more. Also if people call me Sir I do not object because I am male - but I admit a twinge of disappointment that my acting has failed. Most of those I interact with beyond ordering coffee are women who know I am male. The few who don't often over-egg the situation by assuming I am a transwoman and actively use female forms of address to advertise their woke credentials which I find slightly annoying but I do not react because they mean well. I can get this wrong. The first time I stayed in what became a regular hotel in York the waiter seemed to be taking the p*ss by saying Madam at the end of every sentence but then he went to the next table where the woman was the real thing and did the same with her.

My next public excursion is next week when I have coffee with my style consultant so my outfit has to be chosen with great care. I intend to wear a long-sleeved V-neck fine knit jumper dress, teal and silver jewellery, nude sheer tights, with navy shoes and handbag, and a teal and coral scarf - with coral nails and lipstick - totally on message for my colouring and style. Apart from being a wedding guest ((unlikely to happen) this is about as "femme" as my life is ever likely to get.