Lightheart Gear factory

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
tnwheels

Lightheart Gear factory

Post by tnwheels »

I stopped by the Lightheart Gear factory near Asheville NC last week. I had purchased one of their hiking skirts that was a little too big for me and wanted to try on the next size down. It is a small company but they are very friendly and I was able to try on several skirts. I went there just to buy a replacement in the correct size for the skirt I had, but my wife picked out a couple of others she liked and encouraged me to get those also, so I left with 3 skirts. The hiking skirt they have is a great summer skirt. I recommend stopping at their business if you are traveling near Asheville. I also have the skirt that is not my size that I would sale. It is a XL which is a 36-37” waist. It is the Sandlewood brown color.
e2k2houck

Re: Lightheart Gear factory

Post by e2k2houck »

I want to go see the factory but I'm nowhere near there. I will plan to make a trip to visit Judy and crew. They are great skirts. I ordered one of the hiking dresses with cargo pockets, should be here today.
tnwheels

Post by tnwheels »

I should have taken some pictures while I was there. It is not a huge place but plenty big for what they sew there. Their showroom area is small but they will bring anything out from the back that you want to try. Super nice people. You can see the factory area from the showroom. If you make it out this way let me know and we can grab a meal. I am in Johnson City, TN. About an 1.5 hours from from Fletcher where they are located. The blue ridge parkway runs through this area as well as the Appalachian trial.
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

tnwheels wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:13 amI stopped by the Lightheart Gear factory near Asheville NC last week. … It is a small company but they are very friendly and I was able to try on several skirts. I went there just to buy a replacement in the correct size for the skirt I had, but my wife picked out a couple of others she liked and encouraged me to get those also, so I left with 3 skirts. The hiking skirt they have is a great summer skirt. … I recommend stopping at their business if you are traveling near Asheville.
Lightheart Gear is a super company, with excellent products and customer support. I should have my first LHG hiking skirt here later this week. Had to return it twice to get the right size, and they worked with me. Great idea from your wife to get the other skirts while there. Thanks for the update, and we will plan to visit when in the area.
e2k2houck

Post by e2k2houck »

they are a great company. Judy and crew are great. I actually got to do a backpacking trip with Judy last year, we did the 4 pass loop in Colorado. Their skirts are well made and I love wearing them. I received the cargo pockets hiking dress yesterday and I can't wait to get it out on the trail, hopefully Thursday if the weather holds I might do a 14er.
TomOfTx

Post by TomOfTx »

Thanks for mentioning this company. I was unaware of their existence. I bought a blue skirt. Liked it so much I bought another in black.

Very impressed with the workmanship of the skirt! The large pockets are great. I like it has belt loops! I even opted for the button snaps that can create some modesty while sitting. Sorta turns them into shorts. Very comfortable skirt!