Double Standards

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Double Standards

Post by Modoc »

Layne wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:31 pm
Similar shoes are commercially available, in both Mary Jane style and t-strap versions. I’ll attempt to post photos of both (I’m terrible at that for some reason). BTW - I wear a size 46 (mens 13j.
Hello Layne
Nice shoes. I wear a 46 as well and have a hard time finding shoes that I like. I hope you don't mind if I ask where you got those?
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Layne

Post by Layne »

Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Coder wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:16 pm
Modoc wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:42 pm Maybe we men who want more attention paid to our fashion desires could form some sort of group and petition designers, manufacturers, and wholesalers to make them aware that we are a viable market, if we are one that is.
Sometimes I think that would be a viable strategy. But... it will just be a trend that fades away. And I don't think we are a visible market - though I agree we are bigger market than those of us who post here and discuss these issues. We also have smaller retailers making unisex skirts and mixing things up - ClHu, skirtcraft, and so forth. Supporting those businesses - even if it's just word of mouth - can slowly make waves too.
Modoc wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:42 pm Maybe someone could make a video wearing a skirt while shooting up a pile of pants. :D
I get that you are kidding - but a social media challenge - whatever form that takes "skirt month challenge" or whatever could get some more adventurous guys to try them.

At the end of the day, I think it matters more that people like us who want to push boundaries do - the rest can follow, or not - it's up to them.
Following a particular discussion on the cafe where a patreon was mad as hell not being born a girl. I looked up on a Reddit a very common thread which goes along the lines "reasons why it's great to be a woman".
overwhelmingly the reply was: because you can wear whatever you want. My take home is women know they have it good.
Without getting all jealous and "it not fair" etc. Manufactures must know there is a huge untaped market out there in men's wear. It must be very frustrating to see that market not be able to tap into into it.
I think petitioning manufacturers, wholesalers and designers is a good idea.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

Layne wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:07 pm Www.duckfeetusa.com
Great selection, thanks
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

Great shoes, from Denmark. There is only one supplier in the U.S.,
located in New Hampshire.
https://duckfeetusa.com/collections/himmerland
https://duckfeetusa.com/collections/lolland
I have three pairs Himmerland and one Lolland.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Ah, yes - Duckfeet! I have a pair of mols and himmerland. The US supplier is running a 20% off sale right now... but honestly even with the 20% off they are frighteningly expensive. I've worn my mols more than my himmerland, but am contemplating wearing the himmerland for this years art fair. My only gripe with the himmerland - at a size 42 in duckfeet, they look large.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:49 am duckfeet, they look large.
Hi Coder,
Couldn't resist but is there not a clue in the name?
Donald certainly isn't perturbed anyway,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

...and having shelled out that princely price plus now horrendous excise fees, at my size, Eu 45 I ought to be able to walk on water.

Dubarrys here do that sort of thing very well, without the import fees.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Bertino56 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:12 am Great shoes, from Denmark. There is only one supplier in the U.S.,
located in New Hampshire.
https://duckfeetusa.com/collections/himmerland
https://duckfeetusa.com/collections/lolland
I have three pairs Himmerland and one Lolland.
These are the SH*T! I want to get a pair in several different colors.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:55 am
Coder wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:49 am duckfeet, they look large.
Hi Coder,
Couldn't resist but is there not a clue in the name?
Donald certainly isn't perturbed anyway,
LOL - yes that imagery always comes to mind. Suffice it to say, neither of my pairs are yellow or orange.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:27 am Suffice it to say, neither of my pairs are yellow or orange.
If the fancy took you, why not?
Steve