Texans beware

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
skirted84
Distinguished Member

Re: Texans beware

Post by skirted84 »

Potentially more concerned at "Western Apparel" permitted for women. What are they trying to indicate here?

I suppose it proves my point this gender ideology DOES affect MIS however hard we distance ourselves from it.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

skirted84 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:17 pm Potentially more concerned at "Western Apparel" permitted for women. What are they trying to indicate here?
Think skinny or bootcut jeans, cowboy boots, flannel shirts. Oh and cowboy hats as seen in the movies - not real historical cowboy hats because that'd be weird.

There probably is a subtle message indicating it's OK for a woman to be "manly" but not OK for a man to be "womanly".
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Coder wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:42 pmThere probably is a subtle message indicating it's OK for a woman to be "manly" but not OK for a man to be "womanly".
That's about as subtle as a train-wreck. It merely codifies the double-standard.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

It is really scary. Why is our government making war on gender nonconforming people? They enact laws that are in opposition to the psychiatric and medical communities when they have to education in these matters. It will certainly increase the suicide rate among transgendered youths but, they don't give a damn about that!! What's next? All transgendered folks to the concentration camps?
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

jamie001 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:47 pm It is really scary. Why is our government making war on gender nonconforming people? They enact laws that are in opposition to the psychiatric and medical communities when they have to education in these matters. It will certainly increase the suicide rate among transgendered youths but, they don't give a damn about that!! What's next? All transgendered folks to the concentration camps?
Society seems to be at war with the trans community. They probably see them as a threat to their way of life, erosion of their valves. They can go to extreme lengths to protect what they believe to be right.

Everyone should stand together and support our trans brothers and sisters against the bigots.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

jamie001 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:47 pm [...]What's next? All transgendered folks to the concentration camps?
Only the MtF, nobody is worried about FtM even though there are just as many of them.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

pelmut wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:09 pmOnly the MtF, nobody is worried about FtM even though there are just as many of them.
Both sentiments reinforce the double-standard. Point 1 derives from the radical "feminists" not wanting Their Sisterhood contaminated by the Y Chromosome, and point 2 derives directly from the traditional double-standard that's persisted for far too long. Thus, I can definitely see the pushback here in the realm of men "invading" "Women's Spaces".

What I cannot abide is insanity like this to be codified into law. We are who we are, and so long as we harm no-one then we should be left alone to be ourselves.

And this cancer is not just in the South of the US, either. There's been a recent kerfuffle about drag in North Brookfield, Massachusetts (USA) where a supposed "drag performance" was banned by the town and following an outcry the ban was subsequently rescinded. We shall see where this goes. I'm not particularly hopeful in this regard, and am getting to the point where I hope I'm dead before it all comes to a head.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

pelmut wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:09 pm
jamie001 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:47 pm [...]What's next? All transgendered folks to the concentration camps?
Only the MtF, nobody is worried about FtM even though there are just as many of them.
Just diehard sexism. If you believe men are Numero Uno and women are second class citizens, you laud those who ape the best and mock those from the best class who mimic the weaker class.

Note: I in no way believe women are second class citizens. This is solely an example to reflect the sexism of mostly targeting MtF and not FtM individuals.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

ScotL wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:42 am
pelmut wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:09 pm
Just diehard sexism. If you believe men are Numero Uno and women are second class citizens, you laud those who ape the best and mock those from the best class who mimic the weaker class.

Note: I in no way believe women are second class citizens. This is solely an example to reflect the sexism of mostly targeting MtF and not FtM individuals.
Women are first class all they way! We should try to emulate women by being more feminine. The world would be a lot better place with much less violence. Let women rule just like a society of Bonobos. The Bonobos have it right!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

jamie001 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:53 am The world would be a lot better place with much less violence. Let women rule just like a society of Bonobos.
*Margery Taylor Green enters the chat...*
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

....and Brenda Spencer.
Lucretia Borgia, Irma Grese, Mary Tudor and Rose West just as a sample from this side of the pond.
jamie001 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:53 am Women are first class all they way!
Sorry Jamie, but this smacks of "sugar and spice and all things nice" thinking.
There are nasty people around across the whole gender spectrum.
Steve.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

The Texas Departmemt of Agriculture has every right to run their department as they see fit. I am I full support of their mission to require men and women to dress according to their gender.

It is not a requirement to work there.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:50 am The Texas Departmemt of Agriculture has every right to run their department as they see fit. I am I full support of their mission to require men and women to dress according to their gender.
Moon, if I am reading you right, you are saying that an employer should be able to dictate precisely what their employees can wear at work.
You are suggesting that the onus is on me to go elsewhere if I don't agree?
I really hope that I am missing some subtle joke in that assertion.
If not, all that would be achieved is a regressive step back by some hundred years or so.
Steve
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

pelmut wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:09 pm Only the MtF, nobody is worried about FtM even though there are just as many of them.
They're still affected though. In some places FtM trans people have to use the women's toilets even if they look completely male. How uncomfortable is that?
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:50 am The Texas Departmemt of Agriculture has every right to run their department as they see fit. I am I full support of their mission to require men and women to dress according to their gender.

Who gets to decide the gender? If it's the person themselves then I don't see the problem.