Compliments

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Compliments

Post by ScotL »

denimini wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:29 am I prefer the shirt over look. I think the T-shirt would look more balanced if you rolled the skirt waist so it was lower down. Some women look fine with the high waist look but it does not seem to suit most men.
That’s a great thought and one I hadn’t really considered. I like wearing skirts where I wear pants. Always thought it looked better on me in my opinion. But you articulated a great reason for that. In movies, men wear skirts all the time for period shows and look like men. Maybe part of it is where the skirt gets worn? Haven’t investigated this but now will be on the look out. Thanks for pointing that out.
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

denimini wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:29 amI prefer the shirt over look. I think the T-shirt would look more balanced if you rolled the skirt waist so it was lower down. Some women look fine with the high waist look but it does not seem to suit most men.
Thanks for you comments and complement. The complements I received while traveling were when I wore the dress with a long-sleeved shirt over, primarily because it was a cold morning.

The Purple Rain Dress fits, is highly functional, well designed and constructed, made by a small-business, and reasonably priced. Most importantly, it feels good wearing it, including the high waist. So we disagree on how it suits “most men”. There is no fashion statement intended.

I’ve found the Purple Rain Adventure Dress to be excellent unisex attire for hiking, backpacking, driving, running errands around town, or working at home. I wear it, or the Purple Rain skirts, every chance I get. I have the dress in the blue and black. Ms. Bland’s sizing is as described.

Hope you can find a dress that suits you. The more men can wear skirts and dresses, the better we are as a community and society. Skirt on!
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

Crossing the road at traffic lights, a cyclist in the queue said, “Don’t see many men in London wearing kilts. Looks good!”
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

That’s neat to hear. Were you wearing more Scottish attire (wool kilt hose, flashes, etc), or a kilt with other clothing?
BouffantBelle

Post by BouffantBelle »

denimini wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:29 am Some women look fine with the high waist look but it does not seem to suit most men.
I always go high-waist. My style would look very odd (odder?) if I tried to go hipster.

I do remember how unnatural and uncomfortable it felt when I first started skirting though. Definitely an acquired taste.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

SkirtedWalker wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:38 am That’s neat to hear. Were you wearing more Scottish attire (wool kilt hose, flashes, etc), or a kilt with other clothing?
I had wool mix hose and black shoes, just a plain white shirt above. I’d been singing in a choir concert.