let's list why we like skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bill

Re: let's list why we like skirts

Post by Bill »

No inseam = comfort.
If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
papato15

Post by papato15 »

Being a new member, I like to visit older post like this.
I do find that skirts offer much more comfort and freedom of movement. I don't have the opportunity to wear one as often as I would like. With spring just around the corner, I hope to change that with more fishing trips, which I do solo. My wife normally tags along everywhere else I go, but thankfully, she doesn't like to fish.
Procellis

Post by Procellis »

Amen, perfectly sums it up for me. Thanks, Stu.

Stu wrote:
> Most of the time, I wear trousers as they are convenient; I can step over
> things more easily, climb step ladders, sit without worrying about showing
> my underwear or having straighten them out - and they are warmer.
>
> Skirts are just nice for a change. They are lighter, gentler and offer
> brilliant ventilation. For me, they don't replace trousers, but they make a
> great alternative to wear now and then, especially when doing something not
> too physical, like walking in the woods or going to the library or chilling
> out at home. All men and boys should have this option just as women and
> girls do.
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

dillon wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:03 am I like them because a man in a skirt totally pisses off the Religious Right.
more like Christians trying to virtue signal to other Christians by attacking someone else's attire(a behavior which is actually frowned upon in the bible).
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

easier to change if you have bowel incontinence.

doesn't look as dumb as shorts

more room for winter layers

comfy in summer
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Skirts are very comfy and look pretty with my pantyhose.
Skirts are extremely comfortable.
Skirts are available in a lot of colors and patterns.
Skirts help me feel more feminine and enhance my femboi persona.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

jamie001 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:05 pm Skirts are very comfy and look pretty with my pantyhose.
Skirts are extremely comfortable.
Skirts are available in a lot of colors and patterns.
Skirts help me feel more feminine and enhance my femboi persona.
You're doing it again jamie001, and you promised to let the
"Femboi"/feminine/pretty comments take a 'vacation' from Skirt Cafe'.

"Skirts are very comfy and look pretty with my pantyhose." could've easily said 'look good with'.

"Skirts help me feel more feminine and enhance my femboi persona" is not needed AT ALL !

Mod Hat=ON

Skirt Cafe' is a forum for, and about, MEN IN SKIRTS AND KILTS, PRESENTING AS MEN !

Skirt Cafe' IS NOT A FORUM FOR "femboi" anything.

You are approaching the "Official Warning" threshold.

Mod Hat=OFF

What's it gonna take for you to cut back with these types of comments :?:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Bill

Post by Bill »

Thank you, Uncle Al, for keeping this on point. I wear kilts because of the comfort (and maybe a bit of the attention I receive) but in no way do I care to read about crossing the gender threshold - in what I read, act, say or do.
If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

And, just to be the contrarian one, I'm going to quote our old friend Pelmut here from another thread:
[...] Just because there are more members who wear skirts for one reason rather than another, that does not justify imposing restrictions on the minority. Most men don't want to wear skirts at all, but that doesn't justify preventing all men from wearing skirts.
This is entirely correct, and the actual reasoning is sound. In the above case, it's the persistent evangelism of "feminizing men" that's getting the ire up.

I'd amplify Pelmut's comment by stating it as, "... but that doesn't justify preventing all men from wearing skirts, or questioning their reasoning for doing so -- for the questioning can be as damning as a prohibition. The 'why' does not necessarily carry any weight; it's the prohibition that causes injury."

All of us here wear our skirts proudly, and all of us likely have different reasoning for it -- and the "different reasoning" concept is just fine.

Why do I like skirts? Let's see...

1) They make me feel good about myself,
2) they're more comfortable than conventional trousers, or worse, "jeans",
3) they offer more "real-estate" for expression and allow that component to properly shine,
4) they flow beautifully, and to be somewhat decoupled from one's clothing is very liberating,
5) the fabrics available cannot be had in the "men's section" of the store,
6) they're flattering to virtually all body-types, and
7) they're just plain pretty -- and there's precisely nothing that denies men that sensation.

There are more, but I can't be bothered to think about all of them at the moment.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Warren

Post by Warren »

I have always liked skirts and dresses since I can remember.

Nowadays, I like them simply because it is what I am used to wearing.

I prefer dresses although getting the style right is a lot harder they allow for more freedom when required, free from waistband restrictions.

If skirts and dresses actually became mainstream I think I would be a little disgruntled that a little bit of what makes me an individual would be diluted.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Lists, I don't need no damned list, I just do!
My problem with this is that we have no need to justify ourselves to the world.
Any reason from wishing to be bloody minded or as girlish as possible is perfectly valid.
However, the proclamations should be used very sparingly lest they are seen as pleas to be excused for being you.
After all, women don't justify themselves, and on that basis alone neither should men.
Steve.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

STEVIE wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:05 am My problem with this is that we have no need to justify ourselves to the world.
This thread is not about justifying. It is more out of interest and sharing with like minded. We would not bother wearing skirts if there wasn't something that we liked or preferred about them. The fact that they feel good to wear is obviously a reason to like them, however there are some advantages that others have discovered that I had not thought about, like putting a skirt on over my head which I did when I had muddy boots on.
STEVIE wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:05 am Any reason from wishing to be bloody minded or as girlish as possible is perfectly valid.
Quite so.
STEVIE wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:05 am However, the proclamations should be used very sparingly lest they are seen as pleas to be excused for being you.
Yes, just be yourself and others should accept you for the individual you are ........... unless you are running around brandishing a knife.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Warren wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:38 pm If skirts and dresses actually became mainstream I think I would be a little disgruntled that a little bit of what makes me an individual would be diluted.
I have also thought about that and try and to balance that out of sympathy for more timid souls who would like to wear a skirt or those with a partner who has issues.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

denimini wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:28 am
STEVIE wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:05 am My problem with this is that we have no need to justify ourselves to the world.
This thread is not about justifying. It is more out of interest and sharing with like minded. We would not bother wearing skirts if there wasn't something that we liked or preferred about them. The fact that they feel good to wear is obviously a reason to like them, however there are some advantages that others have discovered that I had not thought about, like putting a skirt on over my head which I did when I had muddy boots on.
STEVIE wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:05 am Any reason from wishing to be bloody minded or as girlish as possible is perfectly valid.
Quite so.
STEVIE wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:05 am However, the proclamations should be used very sparingly lest they are seen as pleas to be excused for being you.
Yes, just be yourself and others should accept you for the individual you are ........... unless you are running around brandishing a knife.
I believe it is fine to be as girly as possible if that is the person that you are and the persona that you project. Skirt Cafe should be all inclusive to everyone that wants to wear skirts including those who were skirts as a male and eschew any hint of femininity to fembois like me that are just being themselves. As Rodney King said "why can't we all just get along?".
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

jamie001 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:03 pmI believe it is fine to be as girly as possible if that is the person that you are and the persona that you project.
Skirt Cafe should be all inclusive to everyone that wants to wear skirts including those who wear skirts as a male
and eschew any hint of femininity to fembois like me that are just being themselves.
As Rodney King said "why can't we all just get along?".
Understand and agree that skirted garments are for everyone, BUT, 99.9% of Cafe' members do not want to look "girly" or "feminine".
IF that is what YOU want to do - for yourself - great, but please stop referring to these "terms" as if all skirt wearing men want to appear
this way. You are turning this concept into a "fetish", which is beneath you and Cafe' membership. Back-off on this 'fetish-ness'.
Your continual promotion of a "girly/feminine" appearance, removing any semblance men wearing skirts/kilts may get you ostracized by
the membership. Ultimately, you could be issued a warning by the Cafe' Admin. ( This is something I totally dislike doing. )

Please heed this advice - Avoid a series of warnings to your account - Avoid possible deactivation!

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)