The gender creative boy

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The gender creative boy

Post by Caultron »

Doctors sometimes prescribe testosterone inhibitors to reduce the risk of prostate cancer, and one possible side effect of those is nipple enlargement or breast growth. I took one for a few years and never saw those side effects, but I guess some people do.

I suppose there are other medications with this side effect as well, plus of course estrogens.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Caultron wrote:Doctors sometimes prescribe testosterone inhibitors to reduce the risk of prostate cancer, and one possible side effect of those is nipple enlargement or breast growth. I took one for a few years and never saw those side effects, but I guess some people do.

I suppose there are other medications with this side effect as well, plus of course estrogens.
I took Testosterone inhibitors for a while, and they were very effective at reducing the size of the prostate. Unfortunately they started to cause limb muscle damage because the blocked Testosterone wasn't compensated by an increase in Oestrogen, so I had to discontinue using them. Surprisingly there was hardly any breast growth at the time, but there was some immediately afterwards.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Testosterone inhibitor injections (hormone) actually help kill the cancer that feeds on the prostate. I can't remember the make of the solution that was injected into my stomach every month, 3 injections only-but I still had 20 shots of radiotherapy to help finish off the cancer. When I was diagnosed, I had a Gleason factor of 8 +. I have bloods taken every year and for the last 4 years the PSA reading has been 0.1 (long may it stay that way). The radiotherapy did burn parts of bowel tubes though due to so much being stuffed into one area. Since all this has happened no white sperm is produced, only clear cum smelling liquid and the old boy seems to have shrunk a fair bit. No matter, I am still walking about, so fine with me- touch wood.
Orange Apple
Distinguished Member

Post by Orange Apple »

Sinned wrote:The emergence of men's breasts could have something to do with being overweight but is probably more due to the preponderance of chemicals mimicking the female hormone oestrogen sloshing around in the environment. It's thought to be responsible for the decrease in sperm count and the feminisation of male fish.
And the early onset of puberty.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

It depends on the comprehension and loving understanding of the parents. If they support him, his destiny will be unstoppable. If they are social/religious conservatives, he may be the next suicide statistic. I cannot blame God or Christianity for the ignorant bigotry of men.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Orange Apple
Distinguished Member

Post by Orange Apple »

A couple of related links on this topic.

There's an artilce at Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/13- ... 26ce5d46a4 about a photography project to capture boys who enjoy activities normally associated with girls, including wearing "girl clothes" but not limited to that. Some of the pictures are great.

The photographer's actual web site at https://aboycantoo.wordpress.com/ has additional pictures and more of the backstory.

I don't know how much the societal "rules" are easing — whether what we're seeing here is still the .01% case, or if it's becoming the norm to encourage kids to develop their talents in spite of the gender biases involved. We see a lot more these days about encouraging girls to go into math and science, and that's great, but we need the other side to happen also. These kids have real guts — we all know how mean kids can be when someone is "different". I am sure they could not do it without the active support of their parents.

Anyway . . . if I can think that I am doing just a tiny thing to encourage this kind of change by wearing a skirt, that's a strong motivation for me to do it.

Side comment: I was not sure whether to post the Huffington Post article or the base web site, so I did both. Each of them has advantages and disadvantages in terms of communicating the message. The article is nice in the sense that it presents the big picture better, but I am always leary of reading something that has introduced an extra layer between me and the information source, so I visited the photographer's web site. It has more pictures, but I found the layout and design annoying — an attempt to be "artsy" that just got in the way of seeing what I came to see. So both of them have advantages and disadvantages.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

moonshadow wrote: I suppose as far a site functions go, one could always apply the "bathroom test" ... and I mean this JOKINGLY before someone gets is a tissy...

If you don't mind peeing in the men's room, you're a skirtcafe guy... extra points if you pee at the urinal... :lol:

If you want to pee in the women's.... then you'd fit in better on one of the more full blown crossdresser/trans sites...

TEST NUMBER TWO:

If you thought my joke above was funny... you might be a "man in a skirt"...

If you got offended... you're probably on the wrong site.
In my opinion anybody who is offended by your joke is REALLY prissy. I love your joke. And I feel at home with this website, much more than crossdressers.com or the British Angelsforum website.

I never use a women's restroom unless it's a "one holer" and the men's one holer is occupied.

And if I am not doing a number 2 I always use a urinal if available. It's also much easier if I wear a dress or skirt to pee instead of trousers since all I have to do is lift my hem instead of fumbling with a zipper. With my relatively feminine appearance I get strange looks so I hum in my bass voice so the people understand I am a man. I have been on estrogen for almost 5 years.

John
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

JohnH wrote:... And I feel at home with this website, much more than crossdressers.com or the British Angelsforum website.
When I was first exploring my own issues around gender and skirt-wearing, I began reading a wide variety of websites. My original intention was just to gain knowledge, but I soon found out that 'feeling at home' was a good guide to my own situation.

Initially I was a bit misled because I was only seeing the 'public' posts, but when I signed up for the most likely groups, and the private posts became visible, it became much clearer where I fitted. I probable veer more towards Angelsforum than Skirtcafe, although there is considerable overlap. In Angelsforum, some aspects of transitioning are definitely not for me - and in Skirtcafe the exhortations to be seen as nothing but a man leave me cold. I didn't sign up to Crossdressers.com because I felt that really wasn't me.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I used to be a regular at Crossdressers.com, even in the Transsexual section. I got sick and tired of the rigid moderation and the feeling you had to throw away any notion nor trace of being masculine.

I take estrogen; hence my feminine appearance. One thing that is NOT feminine is my voice - I sound something like Johnny Cash in the daytime, and in the wee hours of the morning my speech sounds like Sylvester Stalone. At that time my singing voice range is like a Russian oktavist. I am not going to try to sound like a woman; my voice is what I like. The notion of SRS (GRS) makes me shudder.

I still consider myself a man even though my wife has told me repeatedly,"You are not a man". :D

John
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Orange Apple wrote:A couple of related links on this topic.

There's an artilce at Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/13- ... 26ce5d46a4 about a photography project to capture boys who enjoy activities normally associated with girls, including ...
... ice skating and reading. Reading? Really? The very fact that somebody feels the need to celebrate boys who do such ordinary things is deeply worrying.

Acting, hmm ... Let me think .... Any films with men in them? ... Nope, can't think of any.

Cooking ... Any male chefs, ever? ... No, none, I'm pretty sure about that.

But above all, reading. Reading for pleasure. How small is the stereotypical male box becoming that anybody can suggest that this is unusual behaviour? We are going to end up like that scene in Star Wars where Luke et al find themselves in an outsize garbage compressor, up to their necks in excrement and attacked by unknown monsters.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Then there's the Great British Sewing Bee that starts each series with a number of men in it. In the last but one series there was an Army Major who was one of the best I've seen so far but he didn't win because ib the final he tried to be too ambitious and blew it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

skirtyscot wrote:
Orange Apple wrote:A couple of related links on this topic.

There's an artilce at Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/13- ... 26ce5d46a4 about a photography project to capture boys who enjoy activities normally associated with girls, including ...
... ice skating and reading. Reading? Really? The very fact that somebody feels the need to celebrate boys who do such ordinary things is deeply worrying.

Acting, hmm ... Let me think .... Any films with men in them? ... Nope, can't think of any.

Cooking ... Any male chefs, ever? ... No, none, I'm pretty sure about that.

But above all, reading. Reading for pleasure. How small is the stereotypical male box becoming that anybody can suggest that this is unusual behaviour? We are going to end up like that scene in Star Wars where Luke et al find themselves in an outsize garbage compressor, up to their necks in excrement and attacked by unknown monsters.
And people wonder why so many men want to become women.

Better yet, men need to get over the idea that they have to be masculine all the time and allow themselves to express their feminine sides in the same way as women being able to express their masculine sides.

As I have written before there is the widespread pernicious belief to be feminine is inferior to being masculine.

John
Last edited by JohnH on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtyscot wrote:But above all, reading. Reading for pleasure. How small is the stereotypical male box becoming that anybody can suggest that this is unusual behaviour?
My, my. That is troubling. At what point will men be disallowed the notion that they are even human?

I am profoundly glad I have no progeny.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirtyscot wrote:...ice skating and reading. Reading? Really? The very fact that somebody feels the need to celebrate boys who do such ordinary things is deeply worrying.

Cooking ... Any male chefs, ever? ... No, none, I'm pretty sure about that...
I was disappointed about that aspect of the article as well. In fact, are there really any "girls only" activities at all?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Orange Apple
Distinguished Member

Post by Orange Apple »

Caultron wrote:
skirtyscot wrote:...ice skating and reading. Reading? Really? The very fact that somebody feels the need to celebrate boys who do such ordinary things is deeply worrying.

Cooking ... Any male chefs, ever? ... No, none, I'm pretty sure about that...
I was disappointed about that aspect of the article as well. In fact, are there really any "girls only" activities at all?
I have to say that this was not the reaction I expected from this group.

Reading? Cooking? Sewing? Yes! There is still a very real bias in the general population about little boys who do any of these things, just as there is a very real bias in the general population about girls who want to build things or like math. Is it getting better? Yes, but it is very much still alive and well.

I applaud the actions of the parents of both girls and boys who encourage their kids to do "non-typical" activities and wear clothing that they're not "supposed" to wear. These parents are still the minority, unfortunately. Some day that may not be the case, but we're nowhere near that yet.