Best snow removal I've ever seen

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Best snow removal I've ever seen

Post by Uncle Al »

This was posted on Facebook.
Many locations could use type of Snow Removal

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Best snow removal I've ever seen

Post by rick401r »

I saw this a few years ago. I believe it was NYC. The truck they dumped the snow into was heated to melt the snow and water was dumped into storm drains.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

It looks like they learned the craft from some of the silage contractors harvesting for the mega-dairies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YtSCree7AI
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I read a book recently about these mega dairy/pig factories and I think it was called "Megafactories". It appears that they were/are the biggest ecological disaster possible as they concentrate vast quantities of animal waste in lagoons that scientists haven't figured out what to do with. It appears that they are being considered for here in Europe. If so then confine them to the continent. We have enough to contend with regarding the flooding without adding millions of litres of animal slurry into the equation.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

We have lots of large swine farms here. Mostly the industry has a good environmental track record, but with 9000+ such farms, it only takes one or two bad actors to elicit the excessively propagandized ire of finger-pointers like the Riverkeepers, Robert Kennedy Jr.'s platform for attention. Having attended one of his rallies, I was shocked at the vitriole and demonizing rhetoric of the organization. I much prefer the strategy of the organization Environmental Defense, which seeks to guide farms toward environmental ethics rather than demonizing the farmers. Ironic that to the Riverkeepers, farms cause all the woes of the environment while they ignore rampant commercial and residential development. I suppose they are reluctant to bite the hands that feed them.

NC has adopted a very well designed regulatory system for nutrient management of swine farms and dairy farms. Poultry farms perhaps contribute a significant amount of unrecovered phtyonutrients with far less regulation applied...political clout, I suppose, since that industry blankets much of the state. Presently it appears that our main electric utility, Duke Energy, is perhaps a more significant polluter than all of animal agriculture in NC. And our Republican governor was a long-time Duke executive. Fat chance of seeing Duke Energy regulated as it seems they need to be.

The main things that trouble me about confined feeding operations is first, animal welfare...and I say that as an unrepentent carnivore...and second, that our society is losing our human base of food producers as the industry becomes more efficient, technological, and concentrated. I think this may hurt us in the long run. Environmental issues can be fixed. And, yes, NC's swine industry does have a major initiative in Poland.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...