Got a new job!!!!!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Got a new job!!!!!

Post by Tackleberry »

Ive just landed me a new job at, ironically, Tesco's :mrgreen:
Its not working in the shops, but driving artics (semi's or 18 wheelers to the Americans :wink: ) out of the new Reading distribution centre 8) 8)
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Got a new job!!!!!

Post by couyalair »

Congratulations ... and they'll let you drive comfortably skirted, of course?

Martin
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

couyalair wrote:Congratulations ... and they'll let you drive comfortably skirted, of course?

Martin
Erm, no :(
There again, I didn't ask but Id guess not as a uniform is supplied....
But I could get away with it as Ill be working my favourite time of day - nights :lol: :lol:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Congratulations, Tackleberry!

If they issue a uniform, it's usually best to stay with it. Is it the same for women drivers as for men? Is there a shorts option? Once established you might be able to bend things that way -- but get established first.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Well done Tackleberry. I can only stand in awe at the accuracy and skill of Artic. drivers who slot 40 foot of trailer backwards into the narrowest of spaces off streets that were designed for horse & carts!

Having lived a long time in the S. of England near where you are I can recommend the shorts option at least for a few months of the year.

Burning the midnight into the small hours' oil I expect you need your youth to manage that for a time. Old guys like me tend to nod off at the wheel at that time, so look out for me careering down the wrong side of the M3 in my Reliant Robin straddling the dotted lines........

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Tackleberry,
Many congratulations on the job, nothing ironic about Tesco if it provides a crust.
I agree with Carl, play it cool, prove your worth and unveil the skirt, only when the time is right and safe for you.
Steve.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Great News Tb - hopefully the nights will not be too long.

And that some skirted time is possible!
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Congratulations!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Congratulations! I understand that driving is a hard life, but there is definitely a demand for moving freight, even in a bad economy.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

Kirbstone wrote:
Burning the midnight into the small hours' oil I expect you need your youth to manage that for a time. Old guys like me tend to nod off at the wheel at that time, so look out for me careering down the wrong side of the M3 in my Reliant Robin straddling the dotted lines........

T.
Wasn't you on the M25/M4 split near Heathrow last week in a yellow 3 wheeled van with Trotters Independant Trading on it was it :lol:
Did have a look to see if it was Delboy or Rodney driving it :lol: :lol:
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Not Guilty, M'Lud. Last time I navigated the M25/M4 junction was in mid-July 2012 on my way to that grimy little derelict mining village of Henley-on-Thames, Sir.

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !