Valentine's Day

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Valentine's Day

Post by Sinned »

Well, it's obviously Valentine's Day today. Don't know how much this is celebrated in the various parts of the world so hope you all have a happy day with your girlfriends/partners/wives. It is important enough to my wife for us to be married on this day. True, it was a few years ago now - 1976 to be exact. A lot of things have happened - some good times and some not so good but we have come through all of this together. Can't imagine being with anyone else and we have few disagreements. Is the love still there - certainly, but it's different from when we were younger. I would just like to say thanks to all of you for being out there, being you with all your quirks and eccentricities and for keeping my spirits up. I enjoy your thoughts and different senses of humour. We are both unemployed and we are looking for work which is a bit of a downer but we'll survive.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Valentine's Day

Post by Kirbstone »

Today I have arranged a half day and on my way home I'll pick up a few red roses. My MM is a Sasannach, you see, and roses it must be. This afternoon looks fine (for a change!) and I'll earn some Brownie-points by constructing two requested little paling fences round flower borders on our turning space so the dogs won't trample on the emerging flowers.
I frequently use a tennis raquet & balls to whack them down the drive so the pack of six dogs will retrieve. Our smallest little 13 yr. old Collie cross is the only one that will deliver a ball back into my hand. Our German Shepherd will just hoover three of them up in his mouth and laugh at me, not letting go.!

We already have early daffs in bloom and the house is full of them in vases. Ah!....The feminine touch!

Tonight my MM is out playing her regular Thursday bridge, so no romantic meal out for us.

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Carole is in charge of organising Valentine's this year, I will do our wedding anniversary, we swap each year. Although we did exchange small gifts this morning, we will be having a celebratory meal together on Saturday so that neither of us has to work the following day and we can enjoy a bottle of vino rosso collapso without any concerns about needing to think for a living afterwards.

Hope everyone else enjoys any celebrations they have planned.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Saint who?

My choir have the day off for good behaviour so some of us are going out together for a pizza instead.

I don't need to be told when to tell my wife that I love her.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

We exchange cards - and that is about it. Though usually we avoid cooking meals and get a takeaway or even (gasp!) a sit down meal!
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

As soon as the wife leaves for work I'll start melting the chocolate and dipping strawberries. Later this evening we're attending an event called One Billion Rising. This is a mass dance meant to bring attention to gender violence. Attendees are requested to wear red, black and pink. I'll be wearing a red tee shirt and my black UK. The only pink item I have is a ball cap. Maybe I'll wear it as well.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

We have 4 grandchildren staying overnight and a friend visiting so like others it won't be a romantic night. Then again we generally have pancakes about a week after Shrove Tuesday because something always comes up to disturb the routine. Maybe some romance at the weekend, if we can fit it into our busy lives. As my wife is one of those that has everything, and I jest not, then we don't buy gifts. My wife doesn't like cut flowers so they are out. She's losing weight so chocolates or clothers are out. She has oodles of potions and paints and isn't one for makeup anyway. Anyway we know that we love each other so a card generally suffices.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.