A little humor...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Re: A little humor...

Post by Uncle Al »

And this is how it all began..........................

In ancient Israel, it came to pass that a trader by the name of
Abraham Com did take unto himself a young wife by the name of Dot.

And Dot Com was a comely woman, broad of shoulder and long of leg.
Indeed, she was often called Amazon Dot Com.

And she said unto Abraham, her husband: "Why dost thou travel so far
from town to town with thy goods when thou canst trade without ever
leaving thy tent?"

And Abraham did look at her as though she were several saddle bags
short of a camel load, but simply said: "How, dear?"

And Dot replied: "I will place drums in all the towns and drums in
between to send messages saying what you have for sale, and
they will reply telling you who hath the best price.

And the sale can be made on the drums and delivery made by
Uriah's Pony Stable (UPS)."

Abraham thought long and decided he would let Dot have her way
with the drums. And the drums rang out and were an immediate success.

Abraham sold all the goods he had at the top price, without ever
having to move from his tent.

To prevent neighbouring countries from overhearing what the drums were
saying, Dot devised a system that only she and the drummers knew.

It was called Must Send Drum Over Sound (MSDOS), and she also developed
a language to transmit ideas and pictures - Hebrew To The People (HTTP)

But this success did arouse envy. A man named Maccabeus did secrete himself
inside Abraham's drum and began to siphon off some of Abraham's business.
But he was soon discovered, arrested and prosecuted - for insider trading.

And the young men did take to Dot Com's trading as doth the greedy horsefly
take to camel dung.

They were called Nomadic Ecclesiastical Rich Dominican Sybarites, or NERDS.

And lo, the land was so feverish with joy at the new riches and the deafening
sound of drums that no one noticed that the real riches were going to that
enterprising drum dealer, Brother William of Gates, who bought off every drum
maker in the land.

And indeed did insist on drums to be made that would work only with
Brother Gates' drumheads and drumsticks.

And Dot did say: "Oh, Abraham, what we have started is being taken over by others."

And Abraham looked out over the Bay of Ezekiel , or eBay as it came to be known.
He said: "We need a name that reflects what we are."

And Dot replied: "Young Ambitious Hebrew Owner Operators."

"YAHOO," said Abraham.

And because it was Dot's idea, they named it YAHOO Dot Com.

Abraham's cousin, Joshua, being the young Gregarious Energetic Educated Kid
(GEEK) that he was, soon started using Dot's drums to locate things around the
countryside.

It soon became known as God's Own Official Guide to Locating Everything (GOOGLE)

And that is how it all began.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Well Uncle Al, you learn a little every day. Masterful!

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Uncle Albukerque. Thou art truthfully a FOSMASTER.com aka( FullOfShitManAndSlaveTurningEveryoneRabid) In those olden days female slaves were far more popular than male slaves. I'm not sure why, but I can guess....

You Sir, are truly a Great Fisherman of Men using the most popular attractants. Aka in those days a "MasterBaiter". :hide:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

This one tickled my laughter buds...
contract killlers.jpg
Tom K.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nolyn

Post by Nolyn »

Then there's one of the great questions in life: When looking for something, why do people often say, "I found it in the last place I looked."? Of course one found it in the last place they looked, why on earth would you keep looking for something after you've found it?
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Well you couldnt exactly say "I found it in the first place I looked!!" or they'd be stuck with folks all asking "Great, how many other places did you look?" That could go on forever. :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

A humorous and quite Irish interlude (Sorry, a few naughty words in there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Pyl2tOaKxM
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Also, an excellent piece of animation which jumped out of Facebook at me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGMYdalClU
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Excellent, Bg nd Bshfl. So true and is the main reason why I don't use these low cost airlines. I prefer to know up front what I am paying and no airline can afford prices so low without extra costs.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Police were called to a local franchise of Pizza Hut where the body of an employee was found covered with onions, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and sauce, they said it was highly likely that he had topped himself! (groan)
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Loved the Fascinating Aida Ryanair song, B&B. Tears of laughter.

This is the off topic area, so here is a tangential question, even for this thread. Is anyone actually offended by all the swear words? Swearing is generally not allowed on internet forums* but why? Does anyone really care? We all learned those words at an early age. Granted, you wouldn't want them directed at you, but in other circs, and in moderation (or, as in the link, when used to humorous effect)?

* Honourable exception among sites run by big organisations: the Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/ when articles are open to comments.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtyscot wrote:This is the off topic area, so here is a tangential question, even for this thread. Is anyone actually offended by all the swear words?
I'll bite on this one, but only as an individual contributor. :wink:

Most are probably not offended, per se, but the excessive use of swear words has become rather irritating and even boring in the modern millieu. The net effect has been to cheapen the use of such language to the point where it's actually become difficult to swear "properly". How is one supposed to express himself when he drops a concrete block on his foot after hearing the 14-year-old next door let out a flurry of "f-bombs"?

Swearing has a place in society, and used within reason can punctuate a concept like little else. However, the notion of holding one's tongue until one really needs to let drive has been lost. Hence the prevalence of the pervasive "WTF?" very frequently simply now stated in txt-spk. Given the above, I would posit that we have actually lost the ability to swear properly and forcefully which is a shame; however, there is a lingering relic that regards these oaths as "bad language" and the traditionalists amongst us (Hi!) tend to recoil from the pointless use of "strong" language.
Swearing is generally not allowed on internet forums* but why?
Tradition. You know that your son or daughter likely uses those words more frequently in the course of a day than you do in a week. Does that make it right?
Granted, you wouldn't want them directed at you, but in other circs, and in moderation (or, as in the link, when used to humorous effect)?
Consider this piece, but recall that excessive use of such words does cheapen them for when you really need to drive a point home.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Granted my last effort was a bit puerile, so this one is for the married computer afficionados. DIFFICULT SOFTWARE

Last year, I upgraded my GirlFriend 4.0 to Girlfriend 4.1. This software package then later installed itself as Fiancee 1.0. Recently, I upgraded Fiancee 1.0 to Wife 1.0 and it's a real memory hog. It has taken up all my space, and Wife !.0 must be running before I can do ANYTHING. It is also spawning child processes which are further consuming system resources. Some applications, such as PokerNight 9.0, Beerbash 6.0 and PubNight 7.0 are no longer able to run in the system at all Additional plug-ins were automatically installed without me acqiescing, such as MotherinLaw 1.0 and there is no uninstall feature for these plug-ins. No mention of these behaviours was discussed in the brochures or documentation, although other users have reported similar problems.

Because of this, some users that I know have decided to avoid the headaches associated with these upgrades, and simply move from GirlFriend 4.0 to GirlFriend 5.0, Unfortunately this is not without peril as well, as all traces of GirlFriend 4.0 must be removed from the system before attempting installation of 5.0. Even then GirlFriend 5.0 willrepeatedly run system checks ( usually in the background and often late at night when the system is asleep) to find evidence of previous versions. To cap it off, GirlFriend 5.0 has a nag feature reminding about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0

However5, I do like some of the features you are planning to include in the upcoming GirlFriend 5.. release:
A 'Don't remind me again' button
A Minimise button
A shutdown feature
An install shield featureso that GirlFriend can be completely uninstalled if necessary (so you don't lose cache and other objects).

Unfortunately, since I've already upgraded to Wife !.0, I don't think I will be able to take advantage of any of these new features, unlwess you decide to felease them in the new Mistress release. But, of course, there is a whole raft of problems associated with the use of Mistress 1.0 and Wife 1.0 on the same system---most notable are system conflicts and continual disc thrashing, which starts shortly after Wife1'0 detectss Mistress 1.0. Interestingly enough all versions of PersonalLawyer still work fine. Finally, Wife 1.0 apparently deletes all MSMoney files before uninsalling itself; following that, Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources. I personally find all these new tools and conflicts to be too confusing and time consuming. I'm sticking with Dog 1.0. It slobbers and chews up the paper, but all in all, these bugs are tolerable. It;s simple to operate and we get along fine
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Great little song about (Ryan)air,B&B but with rather too many fecks at the end for my taste. Feck is the most common adverb/adjective/expletive in the (irish)English language. I'm sure those girls can deliver a raft of other humorous stuff as well.
Nice one about the numbered girlfriends/fiancees/wife & mother-in-law, Sarongman. I am of a vintage where these things came along well before 'delete' & 'recycle bin' buttons were invented.

As to deleting Gf1 before activating Gf2 &c. there's a well known West End play and now film/DVD: 'There's a girl in my soup', which translates all that into rolling-in-the-aisles laughter.

T.