Do you wear pink when wearing your skirt?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
FloralSkirt

Do you wear pink when wearing your skirt?

Post by FloralSkirt »

Like a pink golf shirt or pink tee shirt or something like that.

Or is it too fem?
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: Do you wear pink when wearing your skirt?

Post by Since1982 »

I dunno, Marion Morrison, when acting in most of his 50 or so westerns, wore pink shirts under his leather vests. I think they went well with his steely gaze. Of course he always wore form fitting gray or khaki colored pants. I remember a quote of one of the characters he played in the movie "Chisum" speaking to a Cavalry Sgt who had just insulted one of Chisum's long time friends, an Indian Chief. Chisum (Marion Morrison) said to the Sgt. "Have a cigar....the sgt answered, I don't mind, and Chisum said, One thing Sgt, If you ever touch the Chief again, I'll kill you!"

Does anyone other than me know the stage name of Marion Morrison, the 2nd generation Irish Actor who changed his name for the stage/movies so he's sound more "American and TOUGH"? :doh: :faint:

I don't remember the Indian Chief's character name. :(
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

I dunno, this is a social construct that is in the eye of the beholder. Until WWII, pink was for boys and blue was for girls.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Thought Marian Morrison was John Wayne, or am I wrong again :mrgreen:
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

If you call a black corduroy kilt a skirt, then yes, I do wear a pink polo shirt with it.
I'll admit there is a fiendish undertone with messing with some poor soul's mind - he sees a man in a skirt and wearing pink, yet still being a man.
On the other hand, I've been told by a couple of women how much they like the pink shirt. But then, women are probably more open-minded about clothing than men are.

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

Gregg1100 wrote:Thought Marian Morrison was John Wayne, or am I wrong again :mrgreen:
:o
Marion Mitchell Morrison (May 26, 1907 – June 11, 1979), born Marion Robert Morrison.

While working for Fox Film Corporation for $75 a week in bit roles, he was given on-screen credit only once, as "Duke Morrison" in Words and Music (1929). In 1930, director Raoul Walsh cast him in his first starring role in The Big Trail (1930). For his screen name, Walsh suggested "Anthony Wayne", after Revolutionary War general "Mad Anthony" Wayne. Fox Studios chief Winfield Sheehan rejected it as sounding "too Italian." Walsh then suggested "John Wayne." Sheehan agreed, and the name was set. Wayne himself was not even present for the discussion.[10] His pay was raised to $105 a week.
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

And his last film was .The Shootist................. and was about a .Dying shootist that was dying...................of................Prostate cancer...Probably from wearing tight trousers for so many years. I can see JW now, in a very manly skirt with his low slung holster and Ivory handled revolver on his hip. If he'd not worn those tight trousers all his life he might still be alive making Westerns in pink shirts. :hide:

I think I got "something" about pink shirts that was interesting started ... :bow: :bow: :hide:
Last edited by Since1982 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

FloralSkirt wrote:Like a pink golf shirt or pink tee shirt or something like that.

Or is it too fem?
All pink is is a desaturated red, and red is one of the most powerfully evocative colours going. So, no, I don't think it's "femme" at all.

I have a pink dress shirt that routinely gets worn with my skirts. I also have a lavender one as well, and that's just a desaturated purple which is, again, a very evocative colour. I use the pastels when plain white is just too harsh and I don't want the overt punch that some of the bolder colours offer.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

Since1982 wrote:And his last film was .The Shootist................. and was about a .Dying shootist that was dying...................of................Prostate cancer...Probably from wearing tight trousers for so many years. I can see JW now, in a very manly skirt with his low slung holster and Ivory handled revolver on his hip. If he'd not worn those tight trousers all his life he might still be alive making Westerns in pink shirts. :hide:

I think I got "something" about pink shirts that was interesting started ... :bow: :bow: :hide:
skirts may do a lot for you, but i don't think they'll do anything to stave off lung (1964) and stomach (1979) cancer. the duke went the way of all 6 pack a day smokers.

the filming he did downwind of the nevada nuclear test ranges probably didn't help either.
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

I like pink socks.
Skirts, man's best friends :-)
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

Frankly, I really don't get the way a lot of guys go ape at the idea of wearing pink. It's just a color, d*** it. What's more, a hundred years ago, pink was thought of as the "masculine" color ("red-blooded"), while blue was thought of as weak and feminine. Maybe these guys are all fighting against repressed transsexual urges or something.

I have a pink dress shirt (from Lands' End, which is about as conservative as they come) which I sometimes wear to work. My boss, who likes to talk about how "most guys don't have the guts to wear pink," has never even noticed it.

But one year, when i was making T-shirts for our biennial family reunion, I picked the color pink (I use a different color each year), and my oldest brother just went bananas. You'd have thought he thought the shirt would cause "the family jewels" to fall off or something. He brought it to the next reunion -- as a rag to clean his guns with.
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Here's a really good article on what pink has come to symbolize, at least in this decade of American society.

http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2009 ... mode=print
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Pink is a colour I like and do wear, although my wife's son and grandson hate it for some unknown reason.

Bryan
Travel, transport and photography
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

Early this month they called for a boycott of the Early Learning Center, a large toy retailer in Britain, which PinkStinks accuses of “acting irresponsibly” by dividing its catalogue and Web site into boy toys and girl toys and its stores by pink and blue.
That's not irresponsible, that's discrimination. Anytime the "powers that be" tell someone you "must" do this or that because of what sex you are or what color you are or for any similar reason, it's discrimination without a doubt. :blue:

Very good article Bob. Thanks for finding it. :D :D

Different_Trains
Distinguished Member

Post by Different_Trains »

No, but that's just because I don't like the colour pink. I don't tend to wear red either for the same reason. :)