At last... I thought it was just me!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
newforestman

At last... I thought it was just me!

Post by newforestman »

I'm quite new to PCs, so when I found Skirtcafe on the NET I was uplifted. For ten years I thought I was the only skirt wearing man in England. Its great to know there are others who prefer to wear skirts whenever possible ( like now). I have a collection which I limit to about 30, otherwise my wife tells me off for hogging the wardrobe.
I love to walk in the New Forest wearing a skirt, but now, in December I have to keep telling myself that its not very practical and I should wait till spring. I'm looking forward to a holiday in January which will be to somewhere warmer and I may be brave enough to venture out skirted. I'll take a few just in case.
Now all I have to do is try to understand all this other stuff like BBCode ect. ect.....
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: At last... I thought it was just me!

Post by crfriend »

newforestman wrote:I'm quite new to PCs, so when I found Skirtcafe on the NET I was uplifted. For ten years I thought I was the only skirt wearing man in England. Its great to know there are others who prefer to wear skirts whenever possible ( like now).
Welcome aboard, newforestman!
I love to walk in the New Forest wearing a skirt, but now, in December I have to keep telling myself that its not very practical and I should wait till spring. I'm looking forward to a holiday in January which will be to somewhere warmer and I may be brave enough to venture out skirted. I'll take a few just in case.
Sure enough, there's nothing like taking a walk in the woods and having a gentle breeze help waft one along. As far as taking a skirt or two on holiday, I'd definitely say "Go for it!" The worst thing thay might happen is they stay in the suitcase.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome: newforestman, maybe we should meet up, I'm ony just a few miles away from you.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Newforestman, sit down in the shade of the potted palm and have a fresh latte'.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
newforestman

Post by newforestman »

Thanks for the welcome guys, it does seem strange to tell people that I like wearing skirts and no-one sniggered, yet. As I've read more and more posts it becomes more reassuring that others think along the same lines as me. The fact that one chap lives just a few miles away came as a suprise and now gives me a problem. I'm not sure If I can say to my wife ' I'm just going out to meet another chap who likes to wear a skirt !!'. Although she is very understanding and puts up with a lot of my 'differant' ways, I feel this may be pushing things a little to far. She may understand if it were a meeting of many like minded men, but a 'one to one' meeting is a different kettle of fish. Has a meeting of English southern counties skirt wearing men ever been suggested?
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

The fact that one chap lives just a few miles away came as a suprise and now gives me a problem
Hi sorry it was only a suggestion, and if you don't want too that's fine by me, only a few months ago I met another member by chance at Portsmouth Cathedral of all places, he spotted me by my photo in my avatar.
newforestman

Post by newforestman »

Hi RichardA
Thank you for getting back and I'm glad you understand my problem and understand it's not personal. I will keep my eyes open esp. when I'm in your village, as I often am.( I bought my Seat Leon just up the road ). I'll stop for an introduction.
I was Salisbury Cathedal not long back, climbed right up to the bell tower and could see for miles, possibly as far as your village but didn't see one skirted man, well not including the Holy men in cassocks..( not that I was wearing a skirt at the time, there are limits.) Surely there isn't a link between men who wear skirts and visiting old Holy buildings.....is there??
BBB

Post by BBB »

Hello newforestman

Welcome to the cafe

If you find it too cold to wear a skirt in the winter months can I suggest a woolen kilt, which traps a layer of warmed air beneath unless of course the wind induces a venturi effect.

Good luck
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Hi newforestman, welcome to the Cafe.

Wow, you live only 45 miles from West Sussex, home of the famous Hamish, kiltman extraordinaire. That's, like, just nextdoor! Or at least, it's a lot closer than me!

Take care,
-- Bob