What of it?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

What of it?

Post by Since1982 »

I was in Key West last night for a friendly get together of some older ex-fishemen friends of mine. One fellow, about 80 years old but in very good physical shape who was wearing a purple Utilikilt was wearing a T-Shirt that had a good laugh on the back of it..It showed a huge muscular cartoon style man that looked like a wrestler but was wearing a pleated high calf skirt and nothing else, the man on the shirt had a commenting bubble over his head that said: "So I'm wearing a skirt, what of it?"

Seems like something Chris Webb might have said..He's big and muscular and wears a lot of pleated skirts well. :D :D :D :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: What of it?

Post by crfriend »

Great story, Skip. Thanks for sharing that.

I hope you left your trousers where they belong -- in the closet. Any responses to your attire?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

I used to have a tee shirt I wore with my kilt that said " Not Wearing Underwear ", Unfortunately, a woman at work begged me for it, so I gave it to her on her birthday.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Carl said: I hope you left your trousers where they belong -- in the closet.
Huh? What trousers?? Other than my one pair of "jury duty" trousers, I have none.
Carl said: Any responses to your attire?
No, they're used to what I wear. There were 2 other Utilikilts in the room too. I was wearing a knee length khaki colored cotton twill straight skirt and a yellow cotton muscle shirt. :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Since1982 wrote:[...] There were 2 other Utilikilts in the room too. I was wearing a knee length khaki colored cotton twill straight skirt and a yellow cotton muscle shirt. :D
Two! I think that warrants mention in the "Sightings -- in the wild" thread.

It seems you have a forward-looking and accepting crowd there!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

It seems you have a forward-looking and accepting crowd there!
The Florida Keys are full of people who swim against the tide. One of the last bastions of idiosyncratic persons on the planet. :D :D :D :D

The "other" skirted man that the Sheriff was referring to in my Cop story is an old wizened black homeless man who lives in a dumpster behind the local Publix market. He hits the huge boxes of used clothing people donate "to the poor" on the back lot of the market, lots of women these days are throwing away or donating their dresses and skirts because they never wear them any more. So there are more MUGs in those boxes than anything else. It seems he went in one box looking for clothes a couple of years ago and all that was there were dresses and skirts etc. So he took what was there and tried them on. He's been hooked on wearing MUGs ever since. (We know that feeling, don't we?) :D :D :D :D