Jewelry

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Jewelry

Post by Grok »

Considering how dull mens' choices are, even a little jewelry could liven things up.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Jewelry

Post by Grok »

RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

all I wear are dogtags and a crucifix, can't even stand a watch and as for rings ......
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

Depending on the outfit I wear all type of jewelry.Yep, accessories for man are as dull as all the apparel for males. But to people who put even skirt wearing through certain frames I presume that even in jewelry shall apply the rule:I shall not wear it if it is not the m-culine word.
There is nothing worse than double standard!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Necklaces -- especially simple chains -- are neither masculine nor feminine although guys typically go for larger links in the chains. In fact, chains have quite the devoted following in the "hip-hop" world.

I wore a slender chain with a unicorn figure hung from it for years, wore one before that with a 1960s-vintage disk-drive head on it, and recently when I managed to get my hands into some poison-ivy and my fingers swelled up I wore my wedding band on a very dainty chain that Sapphire loaned to me. I got a little bit of guff at work for the ring-on-chain look, but once I showed the would-be taunter my hand he shut up right quick.

Necklaces are perfectly acceptable for guys; they're just not terribly common in many sub-cultures of western civilisation.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

David Williams, who came in second in the 2004 WSOP Main Event and won 3.5 million dollars bought soooo much "bling" and wears it all the time that he walks with a decided lean to whichever side the heaviest gold chains are hanging on. You have to look at his face to see if he's happy. He wears so many individual and multiple finger rings you can't count them by looking at his hands and the twin giant face Longine watches cover his wrists pretty well. He has a 6" diameter clock on the end of a 3" wide links chain around his neck that probably weighs 5 pounds. :alien:

Anyone old enough to remember Mr T and his bling will have an idea what David looks like, sans the muscles. :twisted:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
stefan

Post by stefan »

I kind of like jewerly. Not to the extent of Mr T though. I have a thin gold chain necklace and earrings. I have had earrings on and off for about 30 years.

/Stefan
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

crfriend wrote:...recently when I managed to get my hands into some poison-ivy and my fingers swelled up I wore my wedding band on a very dainty chain that Sapphire loaned to me. I got a little bit of guff at work for the ring-on-chain look
I always wear my wedding ring on a chain, I believe I've explained the reason for that here before. I've never had any comment about it beyond one colleague who noted that I was rather too tall to be a hobbit.

The only other jewellery I wear is a watch and, when kilted, a kilt pin to weight the apron down a little. This paucity of jewellery is nothing to do with masculinity, it is simply a consequence of the practical approach I take to clothing, if it does not add value I don't bother with it. Value may be include compliance with dress codes at work as well as physical benefits, but I am not (and probably never will be) a person who dresses for other peoples visual delectation. (Just as well really considering my physiology :( )

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce