Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Kris
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Kris »

crfriend wrote: If I find myself incarcerated in the morrow, Sapphire shall have to let you good folk know so a proper legal defence fund can be gotten going...
Great story, Carl!
Being an old New England town, they probably won't put you in the lock-up. Maybe just half a day in the Stocks! :)

Kris
Uncle Al

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Uncle Al »

I know you don't want 'Sheckles' but would rather have $$$$$$$.

That being said---When do you want/need them and how much :?: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

As of this writing, I am still a free man. Had they really wanted to grab me "they" would have by now. So, what might have made for a decent opening for a thriller has merely faded into the background radiation.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

crfriend wrote:<snip>
So, what might have made for a decent opening for a thriller has
merely faded into the background radiation.
You have just entered the Twilight Zone :!: :twisted:
(Where's Rod Serling when you need him?)
:mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Where's Rod Serling when you need him?)
Right after Twilight Zone the movie was almost completed, right after the segment where Vic Morrow was really decapitated and cut to shreds by a runaway helicopter that crashed right on top of him, Rod Serling went into the hospital. He was there a couple of weeks, and died within a month of release from the hospital of a heart attack and complications.

He was in much better shape when he narrated "Deadly Fathoms" in 1973 after I, and the rest of the film crew came back from the Pacific where we spent 14 weeks filming it in several locations including Tonga, Fiji, Bikini, and Wotje. In Bikini we dove on the German and Allied ships of war that were towed there and sunk in 1953 by A-bomb. 11 Atom Bombs and 2 Hydrogen bombs were tested out there over a 6 year period from 1947 to 1953.

Men in Tonga, Fiji, Bikini and Wotji sure know how to dress comfortably. :) I took off my trousers the day I arrived in Fiji (home of the Sulu)and didn't put them back on until we stopped for fuel in San Diego on the way home. We were in a chartered B-12 from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

The constabulary could not put Carl in the lock up. West Boylston doesn't have one. If the police do have to lock someone up, they have to beg for space from other towns.

No stocks here, but there is a watering trough.

Now, if Carl was employed by the Department of Recreation and Conservation, he'd have a reason to worry. Follks in town hate the DCR and have sued them unsuccessfuly many times.

Skirts are a no problemo.
Moderation is for monks. To enjoy life, take big bites.
-------Lazarus Long
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

New England town councils--- it sounds like the old Anglo Saxon hundreds moots are still alive and well, do you still hang or decapitate then bury :shadow: felons on the very boundaries of the hundred (shire)? :green: :rofl: :hide:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Massachusetts does not have the death penalty.
-------Lazarus Long
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Follow up to the town meeting

Post by sapphire »

Moday, we had a special town meeting to discuss the possible purchase and renovation of a property to serve as a town hall.

Toward the end of the discussion, Carl addresssed several questions regarding the property and Carl was skirted.

The Town Administrator made some cutting remarks concerning the last town hall and its decay.

After the meeting, a number of folks thanked Carl for his questions and felt that Carl had brought up some very important and insightful issues.

Today, I had an informal meeting with the Town Administrator on a different issue. We had our brief meeting and then the Town Administrator wanted to make sure that Carl was not offended by the Town Administrator's rather impassioned remaks regarding the old building and that his remarks were really directed at the Finance Committee. Conversely, Carl was concerned that his questions might have pushed the Town Administrator's buttons.

All is well. The two men respect one another and everything was about the issues and mutual concern for each other.

Carl's skirt was irrelevant.
-------Lazarus Long
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Absolutely as it should be! Like this forum, it is, or should be, about ideas and opinions. The clothing one wears (provided it is clean and decent) should be totally irrelevant to any issues raised.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sarongman wrote:Absolutely as it should be! Like this forum, it is, or should be, about ideas and opinions.
Indeed, and that's the way I approached it in a very public setting.

To give context its proper due, the temperature in the middle/high school's auditorium (where the Town Meeting was being held) was at least in the lower 80s (F) and was quite humid. Quite possibly, I may have been one of the "cooler" dressed men there, and I was getting, shall we say, a wee bit rank. The Town Administrator was in long sleeves and a necktie (poor bloke); I understand why he "went off".

I'd actually targetted my questions to get the townfolks' brains in gear, and to deflect some of the criticisms of the past (I am not above asking "leading questions"). My attempt failled, likely due to the physical environment we were all subjected to (and the fact that I asked the last questions of the meeting). The later exchange betwixt Sapphire and the Town Administrator made me appreciate all the more the little town I live in. (Interestingly, I was also the sole participant in the meeting to publically thank both the Administrator and Town Moderator following the answers provided, although the general din drowned that out.)
The clothing one wears (provided it is clean and decent) should be totally irrelevant to any issues raised.
Too true! In this case, I suspect that got pointed up fairly well. I arose, spoke my peace on the public record -- in full view of all citizens in attendance -- and hopefully engaged a brain or three. Some may have dismissed me on account of my attire, but subsequent commentary pointed up a focus on the facts being considered and deliberated at the moment. I find this encouraging. If they haven't come for me yet, they'll likely not bother.

In closing, thanks Kris for your reminder of the stocks. I'd like to stay clear of those. :D
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sapphire and I are getting set to head out to do an errand or two, and thence to dinner. I have no idea what she's going to do, but I'm attired in a wine-red dress shirt, London Underground necktie, my Civil-War pattern waistcoat, and a burdundy silk skirt.

I'm mainly glad that it's cooled off enough to break out the nice stuff again!
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Purple satin blouse and purple print on white skirt. White sandals.
-------Lazarus Long
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

crfriend wrote:...I'm attired in a wine-red dress shirt, London Underground necktie, my Civil-War pattern waistcoat, and a burdundy silk skirt.
No neck tie, but yesterday I did spend a couple of hours on the London Underground wearing a Utilikilt with a t shirt. Clan Milfmog went to the Imperial War Museum in London for the day, unfortunately we only got to see a fraction of what's there so we'll have to go back again :) . I think there is a picture in the camera, if so I'll put it in the photo's forum. [Edit: picture can be found in this post]

Had a few sidelong glances and a couple of double-takes but only one comment, from an middle aged woman of Afro-Caribbean descent who asked if it was a summer kilt. We chatted for a couple of minutes before she went her way with a final comment of "It's great, I'd like to see a few more men wear those instead of jeans."

Have fun,

Ian.
Last edited by Milfmog on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
nicothoe
Distinguished Member

Post by nicothoe »

A brightly colored red Hawaiian shirt and a black knee length stretch skirt.