Texans beware

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Texans beware

Post by moonshadow »

STEVIE wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:25 pm Moon, if I am reading you right, you are saying that an employer should be able to dictate precisely what their employees can wear at work.
You are suggesting that the onus is on me to go elsewhere if I don't agree?
I guess so.

I don't know.. I don't know what I'm supposed to think anymore.

I guess I'm not supposed to think for myself.

Freedom is conformity. Men have no business dressing like women. People really need to start following the rules and doing as their told. I think that's what I'm supposed to say. :?:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:59 pmI guess I'm not supposed to think for myself.
WRONG! Giving up thinking for yourself is the first step on the slide into outright slavery.
Freedom is conformity. Men have no business dressing like women. People really need to start following the rules and doing as their told. I think that's what I'm supposed to say. :?:
That's what the controllers want you to say -- and to eventually think -- because then they'll own you lock, stock, and barrel. Don't acquiesce. Ever.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid. Or eat the pudding for that matter.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

What has happened to MoonShadow? Did he recently get bonked on the head or has his SkirtCafe account been hacked by someone from Texas? I honestly don't know what to think about his reply.

No employer should be able to dictate a level of masculinity or femininity and force employees to express it through dress. If women are allowed to wear skirts to work, then so are men.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:59 pm Men have no business dressing like women.
Moon, this is no attack on you so let's be clear on that score from the outset.
Sure I wear skirts, dresses and other bits from across the aisle on a daily basis, work, play rain or shine.
Many folks including my own kin would hold the view that I have no business making that particular choice.
In terms of work and my employer you are essentially right, dresswise they can call the shots.
In my own case, it would be difficult for them as they have acquiesced if not positively encouraged me for more than ten years now.
However, not anyone could claim that I dress "like" a woman by any stretch of the imagination.
I have said this elsewhere, I have like wearing skirts since I was about five years old, no question there.
By age ten, I also knew that I was not transgendered but that could have turned out very differently.
Now this is where I find a problem in the statement.
If I actually had the wish and ability to present as a bona fide female who should be able to prevent me?
Obviously, with the rider that I do no actual harm to anyone else in the process that is.
Steve.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:59 pm
STEVIE wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:25 pm Moon, if I am reading you right, you are saying that an employer should be able to dictate precisely what their employees can wear at work.
You are suggesting that the onus is on me to go elsewhere if I don't agree?
I guess so.
Wow, that's... extreme. Here in NL the rule is: the employer can dictate the clothing of their employees in so far that it's necessary for the work or a specific purpose relevant to the business or for (whatever the word is for public order but within a business). So regarding health and safety and being representative towards customers, fine. But when it comes to an back-office desk job that doesn't interact physically with customers, employers basically have no say at all. I work in a back-office job that never interacts physically with customers, I can wear whatever I like and the employer can do nothing as long as it's decent.

And frankly, if as a technician you turn up in a suit, customers won't take you seriously. The more shabby you look, the more likely people are going to think you're the smartest guy in the room.
moonshadow wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:59 pm Freedom is conformity. Men have no business dressing like women. People really need to start following the rules and doing as their told. I think that's what I'm supposed to say. :?:
No, the right of freedom of expression (both clothing and speech) was hard won and I'm not going to let that go.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

It is apparent that we have a few members that missed my sarcasm.

No, in the land where I dwell, there are rulers who are gaining ground when it comes to curtailing the freedoms that every single member of this website takes for granted, that being the right to wear that which pertaineths to a woman, regardless of how we genderfy ourselves on an individual level.

I've shared many stories straight from the heart of the land where these rulers legislate their dictations onto the masses, there is a canary in the coal mine, and in another thread the canary was shot down.

So... to hell with it. I'll wear the clothes I want while I still can, if they don't come for my rights, then good, if they do, then I guess I'll cross that bridge when/if I get to it. I'm not going to sound off anymore regarding the erosion of our individual freedom and right to be our own authentic selves.

I'll post occasional photos, and maybe a friendly non-provocative anecdote from time to time, but I'm not participating in any more discussions regarding how they're coming for us. It offends people.

Things are just so frustrating right now. That's all I can say.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:54 am It is apparent that we have a few members that missed my sarcasm.

No, in the land where I dwell, there are rulers who are gaining ground when it comes to curtailing the freedoms that every single member of this website takes for granted, that being the right to wear that which pertaineths to a woman, regardless of how we genderfy ourselves on an individual level.

I've shared many stories straight from the heart of the land where these rulers legislate their dictations onto the masses, there is a canary in the coal mine, and in another thread the canary was shot down.

So... to hell with it. I'll wear the clothes I want while I still can, if they don't come for my rights, then good, if they do, then I guess I'll cross that bridge when/if I get to it. I'm not going to sound off anymore regarding the erosion of our individual freedom and right to be our own authentic selves.

I'll post occasional photos, and maybe a friendly non-provocative anecdote from time to time, but I'm not participating in any more discussions regarding how they're coming for us. It offends people.

Take a break. Recollect and don't let things change who you are.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:54 am

I’m sorry to hear this Moon. I hope things in TN get better for you or at a minimum don’t slide into knuckle dragging hell.

There are some who just jump down your throat at every perceived offense. I’m a happier skirt wearing man now that I’ve placed them in thr “foe” category cause it hides their responses. I feel it lets them still post but it no longer affects me. Recommend you try the same.

But also, I look forward to your non political contributions in skirts wearing as a guy.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

ScotL wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:27 am
moonshadow wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:54 am

I’m sorry to hear this Moon. I hope things in TN get better for you or at a minimum don’t slide into knuckle dragging hell.

There are some who just jump down your throat at every perceived offense. I’m a happier skirt wearing man now that I’ve placed them in thr “foe” category cause it hides their responses. I feel it lets them still post but it no longer affects me. Recommend you try the same.

But also, I look forward to your non political contributions in skirts wearing as a guy.
Moon is a sweetheart he really is. Lots here on the Cafe don't understand Moon sometimes and it's a shame because he'd do anything in the world for anyone.

Moon is very passionate especially in what's going on in the world. Moon believe it or not isn't for Politics that's what killed his relationship with his father. He's into discussions and reasonable debates but he can never have these because so many take it so personal. In my neck of the woods I grew up with learning to agree to disagree. Being friends despite who you vote for. I'm very ashamed at some of the behaviors that I have witnessed here in the Cafe because we're all grown adults but act like two year olds throwing temper tantrums.

Some being allowed to express themselves and their views but others are to stay on the hush.

As Moon's wife even he will tell you that after being married 20 years on May 16th that when I feel he's going a bit overboard I will pull him back and tell him to take some time away from the Cafe. He usually then will go watch YouTube or play Sim City.

Lately am not sure what has everyone so fired up to the point you have to walk on egg shells and watch what you say. Everyone's voice should be heard and respect should be given to all. The world is short and so is life. Be happy and quit with all this nonsense.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

For the record, I personally don't view my comments regarding the treatment of gender nonconforming people as "politics".

Politics is when we debate taxes, health care, drug law, civil asset forfeiture, etc.

What I've been sounding off about over the last several months is the targeted elimination of an entire culture of people from western society.

That's not politics, that's genocide.

But I won't talk about either one here henceforth, as this isn't a website for transgender people. And, my understanding is that we have nothing in common with "those people", and there is a zero percent chance that the elimination of their community might effect us in the slightest.... right?

right. Very well then, move along, nothing to see here.

But before I close, a final comment: Those who support the rulers on high (politicians in positions of high power) who legislate law against that community and culture does so with the intent to eliminate the entire community and culture from our overall society. Much of this legislation will come at a cost of much pain, suffering, and blood.

Square that with your God however you see fit.
-Andrea
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:24 am For the record, I personally don't view my comments regarding the treatment of gender nonconforming people as "politics".

Politics is when we debate taxes, health care, drug law, civil asset forfeiture, etc.

What I've been sounding off about over the last several months is the targeted elimination of an entire culture of people from western society.

That's not politics, that's genocide.

But I won't talk about either one here henceforth, as this isn't a website for transgender people. And, my understanding is that we have nothing in common with "those people", and there is a zero percent chance that the elimination of their community might effect us in the slightest.... right?

But before I close, a final comment: Those who support the rulers on high (politicians in positions of high power) who legislate law against that community and culture does so with the intent to eliminate the entire community and culture from our overall society. Much of this legislation will come at a cost of much pain, suffering, and blood.

Square that with your God however you see fit.
I think you need some time away from the Cafe before these threads get you really down. Work on your website, play some Sims City or watch YouTube. I think it will do you some good. I say this with love.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:24 am But I won't talk about either one here henceforth, as this isn't a website for transgender people. And, my understanding is that we have nothing in common with "those people", and there is a zero percent chance that the elimination of their community might effect us in the slightest.... right?
Before you go Moon, wrong is my own opinion.
Intolerance and prejudice in any form is a very dangerous expression of fascism which will affect us all in the long run.
I did believe that the "Cafe" was a safe place for ALL like minded individuals but with certain topics out of bounds.
That certainly needs a re-appraisal.
One final comment, nought to do with you, ignore your "enemies" at you own peril.
Steve.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Elisabetta wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:43 am
Lately am not sure what has everyone so fired up to the point you have to walk on egg shells and watch what you say. Everyone's voice should be heard and respect should be given to all. The world is short and so is life. Be happy and quit with all this nonsense.
Seems the world went and got all its skirts in a bunch to use a term.

The need to walk on eggshells is I think one of the biggest reasons. When you have to worry that everything you say could and will be used against you in a harsh way, it disallows you to be free to be yourself. What’s amazing to me is we all will state we want the benefit of the doubt (especially when expressing ourselves I writing) but we rarely give it to others.

The “do unto others are you want done unto yourself” is just not in play anymore. And that’s the saddest thing.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:24 am
From my favorite poem:

“Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/ ... olumn.html

Your wife is brilliant. Head her advice. And not just cause happy wife equals happy life. When I was forced to avoid this site, I gained a lot of clarity about what I wanted to do and how to do it.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:50 am
moonshadow wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:24 am But I won't talk about either one here henceforth, as this isn't a website for transgender people. And, my understanding is that we have nothing in common with "those people", and there is a zero percent chance that the elimination of their community might effect us in the slightest.... right?
Before you go Moon, wrong is my own opinion.
Intolerance and prejudice in any form is a very dangerous expression of fascism which will affect us all in the long run.
I did believe that the "Cafe" was a safe place for ALL like minded individuals but with certain topics out of bounds.
That certainly needs a re-appraisal.
One final comment, nought to do with you, ignore your "enemies" at you own peril.
Steve.
I am not an advocate of labels, this is where it all started by labelling boys and girls. Now there is a recognition that binary is not enough but unfortunately by adding more labels, we, society are realising that for each label there is a subset of labels endlessly. Everyone is different.

For the record, my own belief there is no us and them. We are all in this together. I stand firmly by my transgender brothers and sisters. I also look to understand the haters and find ways to change their minds.

The cafe is a safe place and long may it remain.