Greetings

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Greetings

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Alright, I may have to try that. This is almost wanting to be moved to the off topic group! I'm thinking of trying my hand as a freelance translator for translatorbase.com, thought maybe I could make some money at that, I'm fairly fluent in French, German and Spanish. Anyway, back to MUGs (Men's Unbifurcated Garments) I thought I might try and take a picture of some I've made, but as I said, I have trouble importing files here. :( I did finally learn how to download a page and send it to a friend by e-mail though! Yay! :D The Youtube with the men/boys playing netball in the skirts (looked like skirts over shorts) was pretty interesting though. I wish it would catch on! The skirts/kilts/lower robes/whatever I make for myself are at least knee length, and I really prefer the ankle length, seems more manly, LOL.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Mugs-n-such

Just a suggestion- -

To simplify things -

Create a file/folder on your desktop(call it Skirt Photos).

Take your picture.

Upload it to your computer.

After you've view the pic, re-size it down to thumbnail size
on your screen.

Save this pic in your newly created file/folder.

Bring up this website, under create a post or reply to a post.
At the bottom of the reply page you will see 'Upload attachment'.
Click the 'Browse' button. Navigate to your desktop. Open the
newly created file/folder and click on the 'image' you have stored
there. The file will appear in the 'Filename' box.
Then click on the 'Add the file' button. Sit back and watch the
file being uploaded.
Compose your message and preview the 'post'. Your pic will then
show up in the preview. Once you're satisfied, click 'Submit'.

BINGO-You Did It!

(Hope this helps)

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Thanks, I'll definitely have to try that. A friend of mine gave me a digital camera, so now I need to learn how to use it (shouldn't be that hard, even for a confidence challenged person such as myself) and of course find someone I trust to take the picture! Knowing me, it might take quite a while, but I hope to get it done...I say confidence challenged because I think I have the old computing power upstairs, but sadly sometimes lacking in confidence. Also I sometimes say east when I mean west and returns when I mean claims! (shop talk) (returns are merchandise not bought but taken out of place, claims are damaged/unsaleable merchandise) (not trying to bore you to death, really!)

P. S.: Your explanation DID help...a lot! :D
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Had scooter accident, arms were paralyzed for awhile, I am getting them back, thanks Lord JESUS. Finally wore my skirt to therapy.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Wondered what happened to you. Now we know. At least you didn't lose use of them completely like a man that played in the 2007 World Series Of Poker. Lost use of both at the shoulders in a scooter accident. Used his feet to raise, check and fold. He cashed for $46,000.00 in 233rd place. The eventual winner, Jerry Yang, won $7,500,000.00. I watched him play on ESPN's coverage of the main event. Buy in at that event is $10,000.00 He had GoldenPalace.com advertised on the top of his feet.

In 1977 I had a run-in with an 18 wheeler with my 1964 BMW 750 CC bike. After what seemed like 4 hours of screeching brakes the 3 foot high, 8 feet wide Chrome front bumper came to a stop and the front left tire stopped ½ inch short of my head. The next day, I spent all day long ensconcing my BMW in my garage under a permanent tarpaulin. I sold it in 1998 for 5 times what I'd paid for it in 1966. ie: $18k.

I've not driven or rode in anything not a van/car except a golf cart/electric shopping cart since. :alien:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Egad, Mugs-and-such! I'm sorry to hear of your accident, but am encouraged that you're on the mend! Welcome back.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Thank you. It's a good thing (thank you Lord Jesus) I was wearing my helmet because I landed on my head...would've probably killed me or worse. As it was I had a c7 c6 neck fusion with titanium plate and bone grafts. Well, my hands are beginning to cramp up so more later. Best wishes to all.
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

I have been wearing my kilts (they are really more like skirts...ankle length except one which is kilt length) to the dining area and about everywhere else in the nursing home except to therapy...the therapist won't let me wear it there, which is probably understandable...
Mostly I'm ignored or sometimes a favorable comment. I did have one patient who would make rude remarks or sometimes laugh at me. I haven't seen him in the dining hall lately though, I suspect they may have put him in the lock-up ward because I heard him yelling yesterday at supper I think and calling another patient a stupid b****. I think he may have been an over age bully. I wasn't too worried about him, he was in a wheel chair.
I haven't gone "public" public yet though...maybe this is a start.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Mugs-n-such wrote:I have been wearing my kilts (they are really more like skirts...ankle length except one which is kilt length) to the dining area and about everywhere else in the nursing home except to therapy...the therapist won't let me wear it there, which is probably understandable...
That's interesting. When I was undergoing physical therapy for my lower back (two blown disks -- and which saved me the need to go under the knife) I mixed it up pretty well with skirts or trousers and nobody batted an eyelid. However, I was an outpatient.
Mostly I'm ignored or sometimes a favorable comment. I did have one patient who would make rude remarks or sometimes laugh at me.
that's been my experience out and about in the world at large. For the most part, folks just don't care or will express positive thoughts; those who might find their sensibilities offended tend to keep to themselves unless they have disorders with their civility.

Do keep us posted with progress; it sounds like you're on a good trajectory.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Thank you, crfriend. Michelle did let me wear my skirt to therapy this morning because I was just doing the arm exercises, but she made it clear that this afternoon for the leg therapy to wear pants (or shorts). I guess the idea is they don't want to see my underwear.
I thought if men's skirts ever do go mainstream (or even gain a degree of acceptance) I'll probably be the first to go out and buy three or four MEN'S skirts. Then I thought, "why ride the coattails of others' courage?" so I've been trying to have a little more courage of my own. I wonder how many men who see me in a skirt wish they had the courage to do the same...
nicothoe
Distinguished Member

Post by nicothoe »

Like that Dhoti wearing bloke Mahatma Gandhi once said,

"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
Be Bold. Be Skirted.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Actually, I didn't stay with sulus, tupenu or sarongs after my diving movie in the Pacific because I wanted to wear skirts, I did so because I'm "corpulent" and have a pain problem with trousers because my tummy tends to fall between my legs when sitting, pulling on my back and causing excruciating pain. However, when wearing a straight skirt like a sarong or Pacific wrap skirt of several kinds or a regular straight or pencil skirt, this problem doesn't occur and where, when wearing trousers, I have to eat 240 Lortabs/hydrocodone a month for the pain, with skirts that dose falls to about 10 pills a month cut into 3 pieces each pill to become 1/3rd of a Lortab a day for other pain. A HUGE + in my life. I'll never go back to trousers, I don't miss them one whit. 8) 8)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Yep, Since1982, I wish more men would try them! By the way, sounds like you've had as much bad luck as I or more! I comiserate with you and hope things get better. I'll try to write more as my hands get better.
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Since1982 wrote:Wondered what happened to you. Now we know. At least you didn't lose use of them completely like a man that played in the 2007 World Series Of Poker. Lost use of both at the shoulders in a scooter accident. Used his feet to raise, check and fold. He cashed for $46,000.00 in 233rd place. The eventual winner, Jerry Yang, won $7,500,000.00. I watched him play on ESPN's coverage of the main event. Buy in at that event is $10,000.00 He had GoldenPalace.com advertised on the top of his feet.

In 1977 I had a run-in with an 18 wheeler with my 1964 BMW 750 CC bike. After what seemed like 4 hours of screeching brakes the 3 foot high, 8 feet wide Chrome front bumper came to a stop and the front left tire stopped ½ inch short of my head. The next day, I spent all day long ensconcing my BMW in my garage under a permanent tarpaulin. I sold it in 1998 for 5 times what I'd paid for it in 1966. ie: $18k.

I've not driven or rode in anything not a van/car except a golf cart/electric shopping cart since. :alien:
Amen, Since1982, I have a lot to be thankful for...sometimes I'm still really weak. I never thought I'd have to ask for help to unscrew the cap of a 2 liter of soda pop! Sometimes if there's no one around I just use pliers...I'm glad he could at least play with his feet. Man, I don't think I'd dare try to buy in...I'm just not that good at poker!

Also I'm sorry to hear about the run-in you had with the 18 wheeler, thank goodness he did stop! I wanted to write you more about that earlier, but my arms and hands just didn't feel like typing very much. Even now, it's still harder than before the accident. I'm glad my friend Doug talked me into wearing a helmet. I landed smack dab on my head so if I hadn't been wearing a helmet, quite likely I could have been dead or worse. Thank you JESUS again for that! Anymore, when I see people riding without a helmet, I just cringe...
I am slowly but slowly getting more computer literate...I finally learned how to used the quotes! :think: Another friend of mine gave me a digital cameral but I haven't bought the batteries for it yet. Once I do, I'm going to try posting some pictures. In the meantime, I may put in a final fantasy character for my avatar, since I'm a fan of the series,then replace it when I get my photos...
I don't blame you a bit for ensconcing your motorcycle, it's probably what I would have done. As things are now, I'm not sure I'll ever buy another scooter/motorcycle although if I ever retire in a small town, then I might get a motorcycle. I finally figured out how to put in an avatar, I guess I'm really glad but I better not be too proud or something bad might happen to me. BTW, I don't really look like Auron, a final fantasy character from FF X, but he's a really cool character and I like his coat/robe... :P
P.S.: My avatar came from http://www.avatarist.com
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Well, here I am again, just to say I finally got my picture in. It's not very good, I may try to improve it later. SC only allows you 80 x 80 pixels, so it seems like not too much, but I dunno. Well, here I think I'll end my spewing forth! :lol: