Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
FLMike

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by FLMike »

Brad wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:59 am It appears that the last several sightings were in England. Is there any conclusion to be drawn?
Us Americans need to be more vigilant in watching for skirts.
Most members here are from UK too I would bet.
Last edited by denimini on Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quotation formatting
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

FLMike wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:37 am
Brad wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:59 am It appears that the last several sightings were in England. Is there any conclusion to be drawn?
Perhaps not as many are wearing skirts in the US.
Same in Australia, I am always looking and have never seen another man in a skirt, even in my visits to big cities.
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

denimini wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:44 am
Same in Australia, I am always looking and have never seen another man in a skirt, even in my visits to big cities.
Other than at art fairs here in the US, I have only seen another MIS once - and the elf ears may have been a sign something else was going on. I don’t spend a ton of time downtown, so perhaps - perhaps - there are others out there but they are so far and few between to be insignificant. But I do keep my eyes peeled as I’m sure others here do.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Like AI scanning for lifeforms I'm always on the look out.
I think it goes to show just how taboo it is - wearing a skirt. Men are wearing them but they wear them around the house, in the garden, when everyone is out, in the bathroom after midnight 🫣.
I'm really thankful to be one of the guys who made it out there. The skirt cafe and its patrons played no small part in getting me there.
👍
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Faldaguy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:58 am Sorry Moon, you are not crowd of one! And there is a h..l of bunch of other men still stuck in their suits and jeans who share many of the same thoughts and feelings but have yet to find the courage to add a skirt in public --that is where SC comes in!
I second that faldaguy. My shed burned down last about 6 weeks ago. It took the fire brigade 45mins to get the fire under control. I got a skip in and striped it out with a reciprocating saw.
Screenshot_20230622_122820_Gallery.jpg
me btw
I do most of the cooking and washing in our house (I work from home) my wife does as much as she can. I really like soft lovely skirts and dresses. My feminine side is strong and sometimes gets the better of me. I work hard to retain my masculinity and sometimes I feel like giving in.
I know that would be a mistake. We are all different but there are similarities.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Barleymower wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:35 am
Faldaguy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:58 am Sorry Moon, you are not crowd of one! And there is a h..l of bunch of other men still stuck in their suits and jeans who share many of the same thoughts and feelings but have yet to find the courage to add a skirt in public --that is where SC comes in!
I second that faldaguy. My shed burned down last about 6 weeks ago. It took the fire brigade 45mins to get the fire under control. I got a skip in and striped it out with a reciprocating saw.
Screenshot_20230622_122820_Gallery.jpg me btw
I do most of the cooking and washing in our house (I work from home) my wife does as much as she can. I really like soft lovely skirts and dresses. My feminine side is strong and sometimes gets the better of me. I work hard to retain my masculinity and sometimes I feel like giving in.
I know that would be a mistake. We are all different but there are similarities.
If you are struggling retaining your so called "masculinity" my opinion is that it is a facade that really doesn't exist anyway. It is best to just let it go and forget about it because it serves no purpose other than to cause consternation and confusion. After completely giving in to your feminine side, you will experience a feeling that is so exhilarating and liberating and unlike anything that you have ever experienced. The masculine side only causes guilt and confusion and saying goodbye to it is one of the best decisions I ever made.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

jamie001 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:06 pm
If you are struggling retaining your so called "masculinity" my opinion is that it is a facade that really doesn't exist anyway. It is best to just let it go and forget about it because it serves no purpose other than to cause consternation and confusion. After completely giving in to your feminine side, you will experience a feeling that is so exhilarating and liberating and unlike anything that you have ever experienced. The masculine side only causes guilt and confusion and saying goodbye to it is one of the best decisions I ever made.
Thanks for the advice but being a man is great I like being a man. I'm lucky to be quite athletic even for a 57 year old. No, I would not give up my guy side for the world.
For me life is like a pendulum swinging. My feminine side comes on strong and now I let her have full reign and indulge myself in skirts and other lovely soft things, I sit and gossip and sew and cook and watch romantic films. After I've had enough I indulge in the masculine activities I like eg paying my wife lots of love and attention, weights, building, shotgun shooting.
Then none of these activities are predominatly M or F. Girls and guys can do whatever they want.
For me this is one of the defining characteristics of the patrons of the cafe. You can do all the perceived feminine activites and still be a man.

You do you and that's fine too.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hundreds of sightings of men in skirts today.
Coincidentally the city is hosting the Scottish Pipe Band contest this weekend.
Real funny the two things coming together like that and no I was not about to tell them that they were really wearing skirts.
Certainly a lot of skill in playing the pipes well but oh it can become so damn tedious.
Bring on the Red Hot Chilli Pipers to spice it up.
Steve
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Saw a guy in a utility kilt at MRRF 2023 - it’s a 3D printer enthusiast convention. I was in jeans (boo!) as I was with a family member, but I would have dusted out my Amerikilt had I gone with a coworker instead.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

I have been meaning to post this for a while. In downtown Denver, on Saturday, June 10, at a jazz festival, I saw a young man wearing a floral skirt and a t-shirt topped by a sleeveless jean jacket. He wore high topped sneakers and looked rather sporty all in all. I see a man other than myself in a skirt or a kilt about once a month and usually don't have any connection with them beyond a friendly nod of acknowledgment as we pass. As this was a street fair and the man and I passed each other on several occasions in about two hours, I got a chance to do something I hadn't done before, and that was to watch the reactions of others in the crowd. There were a few double takes and a few who nudged their partners and tried to direct their attention to the man in the skirt discreetly. Still, for the most part, people of all ages, genders, and ethnicities just went about their business as if there was nothing to see. I was encouraged since I have never had any adverse reactions I am aware of when wearing a skirt, but my vision was limited to a small area around me. Seeing a larger picture of the same causes me to think that the norm is changing slowly but nonetheless. :)
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

denimini wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:44 am Perhaps not as many are wearing skirts in the US.
I would be very surprised to see one in my local area but wouldn't it be amazing. I keep looking when travelling to the cities but have only seen one in recent years, in Alice Springs, and unfortunately not in a position to acknowledge the wearer.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Coder wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:40 am
denimini wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:44 am

Other than at art fairs here in the US, I have only seen another MIS once - and the elf ears may have been a sign something else was going on. I don’t spend a ton of time downtown, so perhaps - perhaps - there are others out there but they are so far and few between to be insignificant. But I do keep my eyes peeled as I’m sure others here do.
Saturday we attended a small Pride Event in Newberg, OR. We have been attending a small worship group and one of the other attenders is on the PFLAG board. My first time at such an event, and I was expecting an array of flamboyant dress, but my blue Indi-like skirt with some shiny bits was about as flashy as it got. I did spot a tall young bearded chap in a booth wearing a black 'A' line skirt and went to talk with him. I asked if his skirt was routine wear or for the event. He immediately said it was routine and he has quite a few more colorful skirts but he came directly from work and this was his more normal attire as a barista. He was helping staff the PFLAG booth, so I did not get an opportunity for pictures, but as token consolation the link below is me (literally in the closet, trying to find enough light for a photo :lol: wearing the skirt I was in today -- just back from a nearby Persian restaurant-- and holding the blue skirt from Saturday, which garnered several compliments :), though nothing today :( Anyway, color, fun, and summer make a great combination. (You will need to enlarge it get a sense of the colors/patterns.) So, one more sighted in the wild.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ytWgEq3x9TtNTR6n8
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

First time I've seen a photo of Faldaguy... ironically, still "in the closet"... :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:51 pm Hundreds of sightings of men in skirts today.
Coincidentally the city is hosting the Scottish Pipe Band contest this weekend.
Well if it comes to that; I have seen dozens of men in skirts in Sydney ............... when I attended the Royal Edinborough Military Tattoo in 2019.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Barleymower wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:35 am My shed burned down last about 6 weeks ago. It took the fire brigade 45mins to get the fire under control. I got a skip in and striped it out with a reciprocating saw.
me btw
You could contribute to the Dirty Work in a Skirt thread :)

Sorry to hear about your shed, it is awful losing stuff in a fire. :(