Interesting article

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting article

Post by Barleymower »

I was talking about the fear confronting our mortality rather than the fear of crossing social boundaries in a skirt.
gender free universe

Post by gender free universe »

Interestingly, the report is in the femail section. So, is this somehow women's stuff?

Such a test should be done in different cities. Are the reactions the same in Nashville?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

gender free universe wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:28 am Such a test should be done in different cities. Are the reactions the same in Nashville?
Hi GFU

Cities and countries too.
Even in places where clothing is not restricted by law, there would still be quite a risk involved.
I think we have to treat some of these reports with a healthy dose of scepticism.
When we did the article in Glasgow, the newspaper presence was obvious and the public broadly ignored us.
They looked but there were no comments that I was aware of anyway.
Steve.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

gender free universe wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:28 am Interestingly, the report is in the femail section. So, is this somehow women's stuff?

Such a test should be done in different cities. Are the reactions the same in Nashville?
Nashville seemed alright back in 2017....
20170331_141608.jpg
20170401_150759.jpg
I'd still do it again. Nashville is actually pretty chill... at least it used to be.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Just need to accessorise with an AR-15, it'll be fine.
gender free universe

Post by gender free universe »

A good idea is to combine the blue dress with a white T-shirt. Together with a hat, sunglasses, shoulder bag, and camera, it results in a summery outfit that fits perfectly for a tourist on a sightseeing tour. You could also casually stroll around St. Mark's Square in Venice in it.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Seldom have I felt more "Macho" than when skirted -- the act itself says 'to hell with you people/society -- I'll do what I damn well please' -- how much more macho can you get? Some of the tags on this site put it a dash differently, along the lines of --'he hasn't got the balls to wear a skirt'....same message. "Own it" and the implied confidence of male macho is there; slink around and you'll likely come across like a pervert -- YOU can create your own responses regardless of the city.

Nice comedic line by FLbreezy: "Just need to accessorise with an AR-15, it'll be fine." but my take is the guy with AR15 is of weak character, not worthy of being called a man at all.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

I agree. Wearing a skirt or dress with impunity requires one to be comfortable in one’s own skin and sure of one’s own masculinity.

Being from relatively firearm free England, I had to google AR15.