me in kilt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
david30101

Re: Me in a Midas Skirt

Post by david30101 »

If you read my post..I DONT flash on purpose in public...YOU get that in your head. Do you really think im that stupid? I dont act any differnt then any responsible woman out there wearing the same thing..Boy you guys are sensitive..Get over it..Somebody says "underwear" and the whole world explodes!..Bunch of OLD farts! Im only having fun, dont get bent out of shape..
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

I dont care what sort of underware you wear, or whether you shave your pubes. Personaly i prefer not to wear pants under my skirts, but nobody is about to become aware of it! Jack.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

david30101 wrote:If you read my post..I DONT flash on purpose in public...YOU get that in your head.
But last time you showed up here it was with photographs the only purpose of which was to flash your underwear. Forum protocol here limits conversation to exclude garments not intended to be seen unless there is a very good reason to mention them (eg a slip that helps to stop fabric clinging to the legs). You seem incapable of posting without breaking that rule, so don't be surprised if the members here are not overjoyed at your return.
david30101 wrote:Do you really think im that stupid?
I don't know you, but your posts to date have suggested that you may be.
david30101 wrote:Bunch of OLD farts! Im only having fun, dont get bent out of shape..
Yup, I'm getting older but with your attitude you may find yourself excluded from that privilege. Had you said that to my face you'd be nursing a broken nose now. Learn a little humility, grow up and you may be welcomed here. Continue as you are and I suspect your presence on this board will be short lived.

Once I noted to another member that I would usually sign off with "have fun" but in his case I did not care whether he did or not. He has become a valued member here, I'd like to think you are capable of doing likewise but in the meantime I won't lose any sleep if you don't post here again.

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Re: me in kilt

Post by AMM »

sapphire wrote:There is a solution to having a kilt open up in the wind or various postures. It is called a kilt pin.
I used to think so, but then a few years ago, when I bought a Real Scottish Kilt(tm), I was Enlightened by Proper Kilt Authorities regarding kilt pins.

Kilt pins are not intended to hold the front and back apron together. The kilt pin is solely intended to weight down the front right corner of the kilt. If you pin the two layers together, you risk tearing the fabric.

So say the Proper Kilt Authorities.

I myself don't use kilt pins (for my kilts), and while I've had the corner of the apron fly up a bit on occasion, I've never had the apron separate anywhere near enough to show the world exactly what I have on under my kilt. It's a design flaw if it does. As far as I know, the same is true for wrap skirts, even the ones designed to show some knee and thigh.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Hey, what do I know?

Years ago while I was in my sewing frenzy phase I made a couple of "kilts" for myself. They followed most of the tailoring rules for kiltmaking (adjusted for the female physique). The under apron was equal in width to the top apron, so the chances for it flying open were very small. I did wear a kilt pin with them. However I did not place the pin at the hem of the garment, but halfway up between the hem and waist as an extra caution for modesty. I would have had to be doing something particularly strenuous and potentially harmful to tear the fabric.
Moderation is for monks. To enjoy life, take big bites.
-------Lazarus Long
david30101

Post by david30101 »

No...Im not trying to piss people off..Im a very nice guy and outgoing. Im not the same if you met me in person..
OH..BTW..If you dont like what I post here..YOU have the power "Mr Moderator"..Just "delete it"..OK.I wont loose any sleep over it either..Good day! :D IM SORRY if I offended anybody.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sapphire:
You did well wearing your kilt pin.
Although there is no rule book for the exact placement of the kilt pin.
It is generally placed about 3 inches from the bottom hem and in from
the fringed edge about 2 inches. It is only worn on the outer apron and
never through both aprons. You could get away with this very easily as
you no doubt have worn skirts before and your step or stride is such
that you would not place a strain/stress on either of the aprons. Men
however with their longer step can and do very easily stress the area
around the pin. The new acrylic fabrics do not take this stress too
easily and a hole forms that is fixed by using iron on mending patches
from the inside of the apron.
With a heavier weight kilt made of wool the kilt pin really does not
serve any purpose other than a decorative accessory.
It takes a real gusty wind to reveal what is under a kilt. But unless you
are passing over a ventilation duct aka Marylin Monroe the event is
fleeting at best.
Kilt Story whether true or not has it:
The Queen was reviewing her troops and a wind caused one of the kilted
troopers to have an accidental exposure. She took a (hat) pin out of her
hat and stopped to pin the troopers kilt. Viola the Kilt Pin was born.
Kilt pins come in a variety of designs. The most common one is a miniature
sword. The metal is generally pewter.
A trick you can use in keeping the outer apron in place is to sew on the
inside a small velcro hook & loop patch at or near the bottom hem. Then
on the outside of the inside apron sew the other velcro receiving piece to
line up. You can eliminate the Kilt Pin and prevent accidents and yet not
have to contend with torn apron pieces.
rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Davids profile reads: If you want to know more about me, read my profile.
Naw, the staring look in your eyes looking right at the camera as if you were looking at us seems to cry out "Look at me, you can see halfway up my leg. Whoopee." I've seen you. Now what? 8)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
david30101

Post by david30101 »

Whatever..I give up..Nobody here has a sence of humour. Even my leg offends..LOL
BTW..That pic was meant for my GF anyhow..
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

r.m.anderson wrote:A trick you can use in keeping the outer apron in place is to sew on the
inside a small velcro hook & loop patch at or near the bottom hem. Then
on the outside of the inside apron sew the other velcro receiving piece to
line up. You can eliminate the Kilt Pin and prevent accidents and yet not
have to contend with torn apron pieces.
Another alternative that I have used on my black polycotton kilt (very light weight and prone to apron lift in the wind) is to sew a lead "button" (or two) of the type sold to add weight to curtain hems on thr inside of the front apron. This adds enough weight for most conditions and with a kilt pin I feel relatively secure in anything less than storm strength winds.

That reminds me, I must buy some more, I need to add one to my Fat Face wrap as I nearly gave someone an unintended eyeful last week.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Mipi
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mipi »

If the kilt is hemmed, you can put some washers (or similar) into the hem to make it heavier. But in general, we men are too much afraid of lifting the kilt. Hem does lift up, but not really high as we think. (OK in very heavy wind… it can happen).

But still I think this Midas kilt has very little overlapping between apron and underapron. And yes, kilt pin is never placed through the both aprons.
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

The forum rules clearly state that what kind of underwear you are wearing is not a topic for SkirtCafe. It also makes it clear that all pictures must be family friendly, and up-skirt photos do NOT count as such. Imagine your seven-year-old niece or nephew is reading this site.

Of course one can have fun, there is nothing wrong with that. But some kinds fun are not appropriate for a public place.

Many people have told you the same thing in this thread, and as chief moderator I'm now doing the so as well. If you wish to stay at the Cafe, you will have to follow our "shirt and shoes required" rules. We are a Cafe (with a potted palm by the front window), not a dodgy club in the red light district.
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

Looking back at his posting history, it doesn't look like this guy has anything else to offer besides underwear shots and whining. I'd propose just ignoring him and letting the bouncers (=Mods) kick him out when they get tired of him, but I'm worried that more of his ilk may descend upon the Cafe unless stronger measures are taken promptly. (For some reason, the non-migratory Canada geese that now infest my my apartment complex's duck pond come to mind.)
Thanks for all the fish.
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

OK, one more item of forum protocol was violated here --- the double posting. David started threads that were substantially similar in two forums at the same time. OK, that's not explicitly stated as being against forum policy, but common sense should indicate it's in poor form.

I have now merged those two threads into this one. And many people have had their say about David's actions --- both in public on this (now merged) thread, and in private to me via PM. The majority has spoken loud and clear --- in fact, people who never seem to get along at SkirtCafe are suddenly in agreement on this one! So let me make it clear: David, you are not welcome at SkirtCafe, unless you substantially change your ways and start respecting our policies. I am closing this thread and locking down your account.

But I am going to leave these pictures up --- that way, if "David" stops by again under a new user name with more racy pictures of himself, we'll know it's him. Feel free to register under a different username, I can't stop you from doing that. But be careful about posting pictures until you've built a better reputation for yourself.

Boy, am I getting grouchy in my "old age."