Really Sad News From Germany!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Ingemar

Really Sad News From Germany!

Post by Ingemar »

Good Evening Friends!

We have gotten a really sad message from Germany today, during the first part of September one of the heros in Germany passed away.

Ferdi Laroche

Is Dead, he had a stroke in his home in S:T Augustin in the area of Cologne but was found and brought to hospital where he died quickly.

Greetings

Ingemar (From Göteborg, Sweden)
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Really Sad News From Germany!

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Hello Ingemar, can you tell us a little about Ferdi? His name is new to me and a quick search of sites written in English didn't turn up information about him.
Ingemar

Post by Ingemar »

Hello!

I will (hopefully) be able to do that tomorrow.

Greetings

Ingemar
Ingemar

Post by Ingemar »

Hi again!

A brief (belated) introduction of Ferdi La Roche:

Ferdi was one of the true champions of the skirtwearing community, he threw all his trousers away and made his wardrobe completely "skirted". He lived in a suburb of Bonn, Germany and was a truly happy chap to meet whenever you saw him. Very convinced that the time had come for us men to be able to wear what we wanted. He and KtV from the German group was the two guys who met me at the airport when I came to Hannover for my first meeting of skirters. Let me say that he was what Tom Manuel (RIP) was for the Englishspeaking group with the exception that he never had a forum of his own.
He had a motto for his life: "Emancipation is no one way street!"

He had a homepage that still is up and running but I don´t know for how long:

http://freenet-homepage.de/skirtman144/index.html

It is off course in German but you´ll be able to feel a little of who he was even if you don´t know German as I am happy enough to do.

Greetings

Ingemar
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

That's a real loss. From an early stage, the efforts of Ferdi, Ben37 et al have been an inspiration to me. The meetings held every two months or so (Munchner Mannerrock-Stammtisch) gave such good imagery.

I salute a pioneer.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

That's sad news, indeed, Ingemar. From reading his page, he was one of (what I call) "the pioneers" of the men-in-skirts notion. He'll be missed.

For the rest of the SkirtCafe folks, my German is about as bad as it gets (read, "nonexistant") but frobbing the mentioned page into Babelfish got it to the point where it was merely painful rather than undecipherable. (I hate being a monoglot.) Hopefully machine translation will make some strides in the coming years...

I'll hoist a glass in Ferdi's memory this evening.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Thank you, Ingemar. Ferdi sounds like quite a wonderful man to have known. To know what you want and put it into practice must be a very freeing thing. As I recently read in an article about a woman loving a dress despite it showing off some back fat- "Why do we spend so much time worrying about the opinions of people who, in the end, do not matter even a little bit?" Ferdi lived that attitude and I am very glad you have shared him with us, Ingemar.