New products from Comfilon.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

New products from Comfilon.

Post by Uncle Al »

New products from Comfilon------

Go to http://www.comfilon.com/ and click on the On-Line catalog,
then Lounge Wear................

Quote from the website - - -

NEW! KILT LINERS
Wearing a wool or other heavy fabric kilt against bare skin can be uncomfortable or
itchy. Unbifurcated underwear like this is the perfect answer. Don't sacrifice the
fashion freedom you sought when you acquired the kilt by wearing conventional
underwear. Our silky nylon fabric lingerie for men will also allow the kilt fabric to fall
in place better on you, preventing bunching up when you stand up. And they're short
enough not to be noticed at all. Why didn't somebody think of this before?

Women have had slips available to them for centuries!

Guys, give your kilt the slip! A men's slip! Absolutely!

A slip for men is practical and enjoyable!

NEW! C352 Kilt liner in nylon tricot ............ NEW! C353 Kilt liner in sheer nylon
$21.99 each ...................................... $21.99 each

Image ...... Image

One size fits 28-42 inches (71-107 cm) in waist, 18 inches (46 cm) long. One color: Black.

This is not a paid advertisement--just info for you to think about!

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: New products from Comfilon.

Post by Since1982 »

Uncle Al wrote: Our silky nylon fabric lingerie for men
One thing, I know this is somewhat childish but I think Comfilon would have a better chance at selling them if they called them something other than "lingerie", a word long associated with sexy underwear for women. I wouldn't refer to my Jockey shorts as lingerie, even though all underwear technically fits under that umbrella. "Kilt Liner or Kilt Slip or perhaps even Men's Slip" (it could definitely be used by skirt wearing men as well as kiltwearers) might go over lots better with the money spending men who might wear it. :hooray:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Ha - Ah:
I agree - But will it sell on Wall Street or Fashion Avenue for that matter!

Maybe they need to make a BOLD STATEMENT "LINGERIE FOR THE MAN"!

We are still on a march of 1000 miles and only have begun with those first steps.
We are however beginning to make some progress. At least some elements of the
clothing world are noticing that there is another untapped source of sales and have
listen to the need for accessory items of clothing to make wearing clothing in a
comfortable manner and practical as well.

I have a few kilts in wool. The rest are in the new acrylic fabric that washes and
wears nicely so the slip would not be of much help. The wool ones however I will
have to look into it. Perhaps the wool kilts will drape (hang) such that the need for
kilt pins will not be necessary and when preparing to be seated the kilt will fall into
place will less of a sweeping effect required on the rear pleats. Something to consider.

"KILT-ON"
rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

r.m. wrote: Ha - Ah:
I agree - But will it sell on Wall Street or Fashion Avenue for that matter!

Maybe they need to make a BOLD STATEMENT "LINGERIE FOR THE MAN"!
There's already plenty of lingerie for men on the web, they sell it at bondage and crossdresser sites..I don't THINK that is where WE are heading. At least I hope not. As far as Wall Street is concerned, that place is all suits for men and "Fashion Avenue" is a place where skirts on men really look like skirts on men who strongly resemble women. Or skirts for men owned wholly by women. Lots of muscles, deep fake tans, bald or crew cut hair, OR so skinny you can barely see them inside the clothes. I don't know about you, but being owned and dressed by a women is not my "cup of tea". :thewave:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I think that this is actually quite a good idea. It fills a need -- a niche need, mind you -- and ought to do reasonably well. That they call it "lingerie" is, I suspect, half in jest as humour can be a selling-point in addition to bald practicality. I'm curious as to which model will sell better -- the obviously practical one or the more whimsical.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
kilthose

Post by kilthose »

On the subject of "lingerie", there is/was a comment somewhere on the Comfilon site about their use of the term "pantyhose".

In short, Comfilon initially thought it would be bad for business to try to describe their hosiery for men as "pantyhose" ... guys don't wear panties, right? The term "pantyhose" would scare off male customers, right? So they initially tried to call it "men's hosiery", or similar.

What Comfilon discovered was that when men search online for hosiery, they typed "pantyhose for men" or the like, and that when Comfilon dropped the term "pantyhose" from the site, search traffic and thus customers dropped significantly.

I guess they have similar thoughts on the "lingerie".

Kilt Hose.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

You're probably right, after some second thoughts I realized there are probably 99 or more CD's, TV's, TG's, DQ's out there to every 1 "bloke in a skirt" and that section of the public would probably much prefer all the femme terms over any masculine sounding ones. I stand corrected. :thewave: :hooray:

Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Discussion about lingerie or underwear wil always take place, but I think that any under clothing for male or female is actually lingerie, being in my mind anything finer than wollen long johns.

I think that the availability of under skirts aparently specially for men, but obviously as soon as women get to hear about them for them also!, is a good thing, refining skirt wearing as should be done.

As I think, skirt wearing is not particularly a woman or a man thing, but a way of dressing and expressing ourselves, and it should be catered for for both body types, each having their own peculiarietys. Not forgetting that not all women and not all men have the same build, thus meaning that what fits you best is what you generally wear, no matter what label it has on it.

The same can I tghink be said about the underskirts. I am sure they are a welcome addition and for I think very reasonable prices too.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

As I think, skirt wearing is not particularly a woman or a man thing, but a way of dressing and expressing ourselves, and it should be catered for for both body types, each having their own peculiarietys. Not forgetting that not all women and not all men have the same build, thus meaning that what fits you best is what you generally wear, no matter what label it has on it.
Peter, we've seen this identical rap at least 100 times since you've been a member. PLEASE give it a rest. Yanno if you came to America, you could do a terrific service for the parents of kids caught up in religious cults. The way you pound the same storyline over and over and over ad infinitum ad nauseum is just what de-programmers use to de-program kids out of cults. :(

Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Since1982 wrote:
Peter, we've seen this identical rap at least 100 times since you've been a member. PLEASE give it a rest. Yanno if you came to America, you could do a terrific service for the parents of kids caught up in religious cults. The way you pound the same storyline over and over and over ad infinitum ad nauseum is just what de-programmers use to de-program kids out of cults. :(
Skip, I disagree, he is worse than the de-programmers, the way he harps on, saying the same things again and again, he is more like the leader of a cult, positively evangelical. He reminds me of the scary TV evangalist type of 'christian' who use a similar technique to brow beat the 'hard of thinking' into making donations totalling millions. However, I do agree on one thing; I wish he would give it a rest. :roll:
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Since1982 wrote:You're probably right [on the lingerie notion], after some second thoughts I realized there are probably 99 or more CD's, TV's, TG's, DQ's out there to every 1 "bloke in a skirt" and that section of the public would probably much prefer all the femme terms over any masculine sounding ones. I stand corrected. :thewave: :hooray:
The operative phrase to bear in mind in this case is, "It if fits, wear it." The broader an audience that the notion finds the better for everybody involved.

I don't know (concretely) about most of the guys here, but I have no problem with using the "feminine" terms to describe some of the things I wear. I'll be honest: I wear skirts, I wear slips when it makes sense to do so, and I wear tights/pantyhose when it makes sense to do that. They're just words used to label the various garments. At the risk of sounding bellicose, "Get over it!"
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

Carl, please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see "skirts" or "slips" as being female terms. I've looked them both up and they and other terms all come from male wear in the middle 2nd century, primarily in the 1300's to 1700's. (World Book is a wonderful research vessel, the D book, was one of my first inklings that men ever wore skirted garments at all, D as in Dress. Now "Pantyhose" does not spring from male roots. Isn't pantyhose really female oriented? The patch in the middle for females to relieve their bladders through is really not very useful for a man's plumbing I would think. Or do women lift their skirts and other underclothes up and remove any other devices to discharge their liquid assets? Am I wrong? Of course a woman would have at least as much trouble using a public restroom wearing a tight pencil skirt as a man would, given that the man doesn't have a zipper in the front of his skirt. Of course a zipper wouldn't help much with pantyhose either. Blocks access somewhat I'd think, no? The term "Lingerie" was pre-empted by females from the French. Like "Brassiere" instead of Sapphire's "Overtheshoulderboulderholder" which is a bit longer to type. :hide:
By the way, I'd NEVER consider you bellicose. So THERE!! :thewave:

crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Since1982 wrote:Carl, please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see "skirts" or "slips" as being female terms.
I don't connote the terms as being "female items" either, but whether we like it or not, the general public tends to. I'm not saying whether that's right or wrong, but just the way it seems to be. Certainly, the underpinnings are more of a "skirt thing" than a "girly thing" because they're there to make the outer garment look or work better -- once the gender-association of skirts-are-girlwear-only is gotten over, the rest falls into place as merely being tools. Witness Comfilon's "kilt slip" notion. Would it have as much traction if it was called an "underkilt"? Both are accurate descriptions; which will garner more search-engine hits?
[...]"Pantyhose" does not spring from male roots. Isn't pantyhose really female oriented? The patch in the middle for females to relieve their bladders through is really not very useful for a man's plumbing I would think.
At the risk of going badly off-charter, I'd like to observe that the vast bulk of tights or pantyhose that I've ever seen has a fabric gusset. That would not accommodate the functional need described. As far as the "is it lift or drop" question goes, I've heard from a reliable source ;) that either one is used based on circumstance.
By the way, I'd NEVER consider you bellicose. So THERE!! :thewave:
You don't know me very well, then. ;)