Another possible style? Im not so sure...

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

The skirt looks good on you, but I wonder whether it is so straight that it might restrict your mobility and agility. I wear similar denim skirts two of which have short side vents and the other two have a narrow A-line. for better freedom of leg movement. Of course if you wear it slightly higher on your waist, as you would wear a formal kilt, this will lift the hemline up your legs slightly and allow you more freedom of movement.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Hi Ricky,
You look great in that skirt! However, like Cessna, I wonder about your freedom of movement. If you don't feel encumbered by the straightness of the skirt, then go for it!

If you do feel restricted, but still want the skirt, consider having a back vent added. A vent isn't a slit, it is sort of an inverted pleat: think about the openings in the back of men's jackets. It would allow you greater freedom of movement without disturbing the line of the skirt. Women have been using back vents in straight skirts for years with great success.

I wouldn't change the placement of the skirt vis a vis the waist. It was meant to be worn the way you are wearing it.

That being said, I don't care for the socks. I'd prefer no socks, low socks, sandals or knee socks. Boots, I think are a general problem for men in skirts, especially knee high boots. The only ones I can think of that might work are equestrian boots and they are horribly expensive.

But yes, the skirt works for you. You look good.

Sapphire
Moderation is for monks. To enjoy life, take big bites.
-------Lazarus Long
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

It looks good to me, but, like the other opiners, maybe a bit restrictive. Can you use the pockets?
Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Shortening

Post by Since1982 »

If you don't like the idea of a slit or back pleat, you might think of shortening it by about 4 inches. Any tailor or dressmaker could do that very cheaply. It's a very well made skirt and looks good on you as it is, but I do understand the possible loss of mobility with too straight a skirt. 8)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
matman

Post by matman »

I really like the black v-neck. Great job! Looks sharp and tight.