My new Kilt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Uncle Al

My new Kilt

Post by Uncle Al »

Hello to all - Haven't been around since my grandson was born a bit over 3 weeks ago.
Well, I ordered the StillWaterKilts, 2006 edition, Irish National Tartan Kilt.
( I've found that I'm a bit more Irish than Scots. )
I received it in 4 days -- Great service, Great fit, and a Great Swagger/swirl with the pleats. :clap:
The medium weight material doesn't itch my legs at all, and a bit cooler in our Texas heat. :cool:
A more traditional breacon at half the price of my Utilikilts.
I will probably order from them again. :cheer:

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX. USA
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
G.Shaw

Post by G.Shaw »

Uncle Al.... Wow that's a name I haven't noticed for a loooooong time.
I hope all is well with you.
Post a picture of the Still Water Kilt?

I'm looking around for something much cooler than a traditional Kilt. Florida is starting to get a little warm already.

Smiles
Greg
Tripp49

Stillwater Kilts1

Post by Tripp49 »

:clap: Hello Uncle Al. Man I have 7 Stillwater Kilts,they are with out a doubt my favorit of all my skirts/kilts(37 in all)for dress wear.:dance: :dance: I have Utilikilt,AmeriKilt.Bear Kilt,KiltsMart Kilt,SportKilt PractiKilt,and White Stag kilt but the Stillwater is the best made and the closest thing to a triditional kilt you will get with out spending several hundred dollars.
I would highly recomend the Stillwater to anyone looking for a tartan kilt that didnot a wool kilt.Even there economy kilt($44.00) is a fantastic kilt.Also most of the time you get it within a week.The Kiltsmart kilt is the next best for an inexpensive nonwool kilt.
Hey it is good to hear from you again.Hope new baby and all are doing well.

Tripp49:dance: :dance: :dance:
Tripp49
Uncle Al

My new kilt

Post by Uncle Al »

Greg and Tripp49

Good to hear from you. Greg--how's your family? All well I hope. Did you complete your flight lessons?

Tripp49 -- Sounds like you are truely thrilled with Stillwater kilts. I plan on asking them if they can get my Scottish clan tartan. I will definitly be ordering from them again.

I'm currently working with our local chapter of the American Theatre Organ Society in the restoration and installation of a Wurlitzer 3/17 theatre pipe organ for the McKinney, TX performing arts center. The 3/17 means that the organ is a 3 manual, 17 rank pipe organ. This project really brings out the carpentry skills. Also, playing my 'New-To-Me' Conn 653 electric theatre organ. The 653 was built in 1983-84. Still sounds great! I wouldn't mind having a Walker RTO 3/35 digital theatre organ, but I don't have a spare $79,500.00 just laying around to play with. LOL!

Monday, 20 March, I will be in the Dentist's chair, getting a 'Cap'. This can really be a 'drilling' experience on ones nerves! ( Hah! )

Being a Grand Pa is FUN!:D

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
jcal6067

Post by jcal6067 »

Well I hope you folks are happy cause I just bought another kilt. lol This one from the Stillwaters.kilts.com site. I bought the solid black for the less dressie occassions. I notice that kilt shirts were not available. Shame I could use a few. The ecominly kilt is 24 inches long which means it will go below the knees for me.