Skirts in the sunshine

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Skirts in the sunshine

Post by Mouse »

So here in the UK it rains, but some days it doesn't and the sun shines. Yesterday it was sunny, and as the skirted Mouse looked around, skirts and dresses were all around to be seen. I was the only MIS I saw, but many of the working males were in shorts. It all felt so natural and un scripted that the vast population of London was just going about their business, but it was sunny and a reasonable number of people decided this morning that a pair of shorts or a skirt was what was required.

In this environmental a Mouse, even with yellow stockings, is just so unremarkable on a station platform.
Location:- Notting Hill Gate Tube Platform, London, May 2024.

If you have never set foot outside in a skirt, A sunny day is your perfect cover. You will be invisible. Yes I know a Camouflage skirt....
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Re: Skirts in the sunshine

Post by timemeddler »

shorts and sunshine are kind of how I gravitated to skirts. I always wore long pants before and shorts were out of the question for me. I would tell people I wouldn't be seen dead in shorts. then a few summers of record heat began breaking my resolve, and being too cheap to get a kilt at the time I bought a skirt from goodwill. Now I find shorts even more ridiculous since a skirt does the job of shorts so much more efficiently.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

timemeddler wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:41 am Now I find shorts even more ridiculous since a skirt does the job of shorts so much more efficiently.
I think modern shorts are getting so baggy, that it is a very short jump to a skirt, and as you say "much more efficiently".
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Mouse wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:23 am
If you have never set foot outside in a skirt, A sunny day is your perfect cover. You will be invisible. Yes I know a Camouflage skirt....
You look good mouse. The camo skirt and tights are a good combo and a sunny day is perfect for skirt wearing.

There's another thing, everyone behind you is looking at their phones. That shows how self absorbed people are. We worry what they are thinking and we shouldn't.
Seb
Distinguished Member

Post by Seb »

A sunny day is always a good day, a skirt just makes it so much more enjoyable.

Great photo, and as BM said, everyone is so focused on their phones today.
Not alone with a dream, Just a want to be free, With a need to belong,
I am a skirtsman
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Freedom