International Men Can Wear Dresses Day

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: International Men Can Wear Dresses Day

Post by Modoc »

mr seamstress wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:44 pm On May 15th mark your calendrer for International Men Can Wear Dresses Day. Get ready to celebrate. This is our big day. Got to look good. If we can get retailers to join in in this celebration. When you visit a retailer remind them of this very important day. Lets try to get them involve.
For those who like having a day to recognize certain events or ideas, June 1st is is being touted as Wear a Dress Day.
https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/wear-a-dress-day/
It's fairly obvious that the article/post/webpage is aimed at women, which points to the fact that not only do men not wear skirts/dresses, but women doing so is noticeably on the decline, and somebody feels the need to recognize that. towards the end of the article a nod is given to men.

"And, hey, who says this day only has to be for women? Perhaps some men want to get in on the action of Wear a Dress Day and surprise their coworkers or family members by donning a dress! It’s only fair and equal, after all."
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
mr seamstress
Distinguished Member

Re: International Men Can Wear Dresses Day

Post by mr seamstress »

Jim2 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:59 am Are you saying that you think that people involved in suicide prevention would be interested in helping the cause of men wearing skirts to be accepted? I'm not sure I see exactly why that would be so. However, the thought intrigues me because I have a relative who is one of the leading researchers in the world on the subject of suicide prevention. Or did I misunderstand what you were saying?
A lot of suicides happens for the simple reason is that a person is bullied until he/she can't take it anymore. This bulling is nothing more than pure hate. This bulling is usual over simple things that shouldn't happen, but it does. My point is we need to stop this hate from bulling because of whatever reason. When a person is being bullied he/she is also being rejected.
If you ever do any searches on the internet you will find there have been males wearing skirts in protest of various reasons. This includes gender equality aim at also stop some of these suicides that occur from bulling and rejection. I seek to get this to happen more frequently, because this is needed in stopping these suicides and getting people start accepting each other even if we disagree.
I'm sure suicide prevention has no problem accepting men in skirts in protesting hate and rejection that causes suicides.