Mixing Menswear & Womenswear

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Mixing Menswear & Womenswear

Post by crfriend »

jamie001 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:05 amPeople will identify you as GNC for wearing the skirt.
Why on the gods' green Earth do we need to continually shoot ourselves in the feet over this. For the average human (both male and female), "GNC" == "queer". Full stop. We need to de-gender the skirt in order for it to catch on with the mainstream. This is not difficult to understand.

Please stop harping on this matter. (Unless you have another axe to grind that we may not be aware of -- and we're aware of a couple already.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

crfriend wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:23 am
jamie001 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:05 amPeople will identify you as GNC for wearing the skirt.
Why on the gods' green Earth do we need to continually shoot ourselves in the feet over this. For the average human (both male and female), "GNC" == "queer". Full stop. We need to de-gender the skirt in order for it to catch on with the mainstream. This is not difficult to understand.

Please stop harping on this matter. (Unless you have another axe to grind that we may not be aware of -- and we're aware of a couple already.)
Did we defender men's shirts and men's underwear? A lot of women still wear them with the DGAF attitude. They are still men's shirts and men's underwear.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

It just happened.
Skirts' were first then jeans then tops and not 90% of my clothing it womens.
On occasion I might accidently wear all men's wear, but that would be rare now.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

jamie001 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:38 amDid we defender men's shirts and men's underwear?
Did you mean to write 'de-gender' or 'defend' :?:

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

crfriend wrote: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:25 pm
We're not just several standard-deviations from the middle of the curve, where we are there is no curve. We're trying to shift the entire curve for guys, or at least expand the plotting area. It'll happen eventually, but it's going to happen one guy at a time who realizes that "here NOT be dragons" when he gets off the beaten path of (what passes for) "male 'fashion'".
Towards the masculine end of the bell curve...I would say expanding the plotting area. Or to put it another way, enlarging the man box.

The part that would be expanded includes kilting; the question is whether or not other skirted designs could be added here.

Free styling is another endeavor, and the feminine part of the curves offers far more variety at present
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Uncle Al wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:51 amDid you mean to write 'de-gender' or 'defend' :?:
"De-gender". Auto-corrupt got me.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

crfriend wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:57 am
Uncle Al wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:51 amDid you mean to write 'de-gender' or 'defend' :?:
"De-gender". Auto-corrupt got me.
You did not create the "word blunder" Carl, the writer was jamie001 and he
has been 'creating' several "word blunders" lately.
jamie001 wrote: ↑01 May 2024, 20:38
Did we defender men's shirts and men's underwear?
This is the perfect example of what it
means to PROOF-READ your posts
:!:

Carl accepted blame for something HE DIDN'T DO :!:
Are you willing to do the same :?:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

I will accept the blame, and then pass the blame to my stupid auto correct spell checker.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I don't care beans about this GNC junk. I go by my name of "John" and I have a masculine voice. If someone thinks I'm a woman it's no big deal. I prefer to be addressed as "Sir" but if I am addressed as "Ma'am", it's not the end of the world. I do have a simple request: just don't address me with that endearing address from drill sergeants of "Maggot".

John
I renounce the Great Male Renunciation!!!
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

JohnH wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:47 pm

I don't care beans about this GNC junk. I go by my name of "John" and I have a masculine voice. If someone thinks I'm a woman it's no big deal. I prefer to be addressed as "Sir" but if I am addressed as "Ma'am", it's not the end of the world. I do have a simple request: just don't address me with that endearing address from drill sergeants of "Maggot".

John
I am constantly addressed as ma’am and it is fine with me. Sometimes I do look like a girly girl.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I almost always have a girly girl look with my beyond shoulder length hair and a bust, along with wearing a dress.
Sometimes when I'm addressed as "Ma'am" and then I speak I might get a reply as "Oh, sorry Sir".

John
I renounce the Great Male Renunciation!!!