The Great Female Renunciation

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

The Great Female Renunciation

Post by JohnH »

In this forum we have described the Great Male Renunciation that happened starting in the late 1700's.
I believe now we are in the start of a Great Female Renunciation where most women no longer dress up even for church.
On Sunday mornings I see most of the women wearing trousers and jeans are common. And then I see the ubiquitous black sneakers with white soles.
Heels? Very few people wear them. On Wednesday evenings at church frequently I'm the only one wearing a dress. Last Sunday only I and a woman, as a bass and a soprano, in the choir wore dresses and heels.
There is a silver lining: I have gotten virtually no pushback with my attire. I was invited as a guest to someone's house for Thanksgiving. I wore a dress and the lady who invited me, was wearing jeans, and she actually apologized for dressing so casually.

I myself renounce the Great Male Renunciation.

John
I renounce the Great Male Renunciation!!!
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Great Female Renunciation

Post by Mouse »

JohnH wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:54 am On Wednesday evenings at church frequently I'm the only one wearing a dress. Last Sunday only I and a woman, as a bass and a soprano, in the choir wore dresses and heels.
John
I play a similar game on the London Tube, where I am quite often the only one in my section wearing a skirt. I guess as the summer starts to happen there will be more skirts and dresses worn.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Seb
Distinguished Member

Re: The Great Female Renunciation

Post by Seb »

I see it too, especially the younger generations, but there are still plenty more women who put more effort into what they wear than men do.
Not alone with a dream, Just a want to be free, With a need to belong,
I am a skirtsman
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Freedom