Intimate Medical Issues

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Intimate Medical Issues

Post by Barleymower »

You want equality and that's fair.
familyman34
Distinguished Member

Post by familyman34 »

Some years ago I had a series of urinary tract infections, each one being treated with longer courses of increasingly strong antibiotics. The final one progressed into one of my testicles which swelled up to the size of a tennis-ball - extremely painful, and resistant to most analgesics. There was even the question of having it surgically removed (since I do have a "spare", after all!)
Fortunately an adequate antibiotic was found in time which managed to reduce the infection over a period of about four weeks, although I was advised that the testicle might be permanently damaged internally.
During the following regular checks (mainly palping the testicle to feel for texture and nodularity, and see how it compared in size to the other one), my usual doctor retired, to be replaced by a younger woman. She continued the checks for the final two sessions.
Everything seems to have turned out fine in the end; after all, at my age, peak functionality is not required from both of them.
And no problems with having a woman doing the checks! She bounced them up and down (gently) and didn't squeeze hard at all.
The whole experience is what turned me from a frequent MIS to an exclusive MIS (trousers worn just twice in over four years, and they were for funerals.)
Familyman34
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

familyman34 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:59 pm
And no problems with having a woman doing the checks! She bounced them up and down (gently) and didn't squeeze hard at all.
Many men don't have a problem with that, but some of us do.
familyman34 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:59 pm
The whole experience is what turned me from a frequent MIS to an exclusive MIS (trousers worn just twice in over four years, and they were for funerals.)
I'm an occasional. I love to have the option - the ability to enjoy a change from trousers now and again, especially when doing something sedentary or leisurely, like reading or visiting the library. Most of the time, trousers are just more convenient and warmer.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

Not quite intimate but on my last diabetic review I was having my feet tested for feeling. When the doctor does it I'm asked to lie down and he sits at the end and prods my feet with his plastic tool thing. Enter a young nurse, this time I'm sat in the chair is a shortish skirt while she sits on a very low stool at my feet and asks me to lift each foot as she prods. It was really uncomfortable as I was concerned she might be able to see up my skirt, my legs were clamped together so tight lol. I laugh now but at the time.....
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

victor1964 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:47 pm Not quite intimate but on my last diabetic review I was having my feet tested for feeling. When the doctor does it I'm asked to lie down and he sits at the end and prods my feet with his plastic tool thing. Enter a young nurse, this time I'm sat in the chair is a shortish skirt while she sits on a very low stool at my feet and asks me to lift each foot as she prods. It was really uncomfortable as I was concerned she might be able to see up my skirt, my legs were clamped together so tight lol. I laugh now but at the time.....
I admire your determination. Faced with a similar situation I would be in trousers every time. Skirts are a happy holiday for me.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

victor1964 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:47 pm Not quite intimate but on my last diabetic review I was having my feet tested for feeling. When the doctor does it I'm asked to lie down and he sits at the end and prods my feet with his plastic tool thing. Enter a young nurse, this time I'm sat in the chair is a shortish skirt while she sits on a very low stool at my feet and asks me to lift each foot as she prods. It was really uncomfortable as I was concerned she might be able to see up my skirt, my legs were clamped together so tight lol. I laugh now but at the time.....
I do not worry about the nurse or the doctor looking up my skirt when checking my feet for diabetic nerve damage. It is not something they haven't seen many times before. I have never been overly sensitive about modesty with doctors and nurses.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

That is pretty funny. I bet her version of the story suggests she was trying as hard not to look as you were trying to cover up, :lol:
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I once consulted a doctor for a small growth on my leg, and wore a kilt since it made access a lot easier. Of course, he didn't turn a hair.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I was in a similar situation at a shoe shop when the young lady had to help pull my boot off with my leg in the air, while I was sitting in a mini skirt. It is all good fun and that's what life is about. She was in a short skirt herself so no doubt quite empathetic.
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.