Skirts, Pants, and Deuteronomy 22:5

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts, Pants, and Deuteronomy 22:5

Post by moonshadow »

I dunno.....

Paul also says that there is no "male or female" and that we are all one in Christ...

Then again, maybe there is no afterlife. I guess nobody really knows for sure.

Meh... I've been told I get too fired up about this stuff. It's true though, I really do tend to stick my neck out too far for causes and people that really couldn't give a damn about my well being.

So I've been trying to lay off and let people fight their own battles. Over the last few years, people from all political and religious persuasions basically took a big healthy sh!t all over everything I believed in... so screw it.

Hehe... it doesn't matter :lol: 8)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

jamie001 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:29 am Maybe we will be lucky and get new beautiful physical girl bodies!
Uh... no.

Jamie... I like ya, but... puff puff pass man....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

jamie001 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:29 am Maybe we will be lucky and get new beautiful physical girl bodies!
All I have to do to get something that resembles a beautiful girl's body, but with my prized male junk and deep voice is to lose weight and exercise.
Ah, the Battle of the Bulge!
It's fun to resemble a woman but yet have a voice deeper than the average male, so I can play mind games.

John
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

JohnH wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:58 am It's fun to resemble a woman but yet have a voice deeper than the average male, so I can play mind games.

John
I think making people think and realise that what they first thought is not accurate, is very fun to do. I now love meeting new people, now I am in a skirt.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Dust wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:28 am The whole castrati thing is a dark bit of church history, that is thankfully over. While eunuchs are mentioned in Scripture, to my knowledge, creating more has never been officially encouraged as any sort of teaching. Rather, it was a barbaric work-around by musician's who wanted skilled, high-pitched voices, and didn't want to keep training new boys.
However life for sailors was even worse than for the castrati. Consider they had to exist on hard tack that might contain maggots and on long voyages they developed scurvy due to the lack of vitamin C. And it was dangerous to manage the sails. There was sea sickness and cramped dirty quarters.
If a poor boy had a choice of becoming a sailor knowing what it was like or becoming a castrato he might make the second choice.

John
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Dust wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 am
jamie001 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:29 am
Dust wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 am We are not, as some like to say, "a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton" or whatever. Our body is a part of us, part of the whole. The physical is not evil. We are both physical and spiritual beings. The animals are only physical, and the angels are only spiritual. Only humans have both a physical body and an immortal soul.

We will get our physical bodies back, resurrected at the Last Judgement. A few people already have their bodies in heaven: Moses, Elijah, and Mary among them. The rest of us need to wait. That is why the Church discourages cremation, by the way...
Maybe we will be lucky and get new beautiful physical girl bodies!
I'm going to go out in a limb and say no. We get our bodies back, and just as Christ's body after His Resurrection still has the wounds of His Crucifixion, we will likely have all our same parts. But I don't think we will need clothes, so no being forced to wear pants...
Maybe so, but wouldn’t it be nice to get a beautiful girl body? When people do past life regressions, they have different past lives and male and also female.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

No, I will take a resurrected body in whatever way the Lord wishes me to have. It could be a lean muscular masculine body free of aggression and depression or a beautiful feminine body, or whatever. And I might be able to sing a high coloratura soprano down to the deepest oktavist range.

John
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

jamie001 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:33 pmMaybe so, but wouldn’t it be nice to get a beautiful girl body? When people do past life regressions, they have different past lives and male and also female.
That's not the way the mythology works. According to the gospel one is "reunited with his old body, scars, wounds, &c still intact". This means you come back as a guy.

There's no harm in wishing you could be a beautiful girl, but it's not going to happen in this life, nor apparently likely in the afterlife (if there is one). Better get used to being a man -- even if you do realise that you've been dealt a lousy hand. Not accepting it just sets you up for all sorts of hurt and disappointment during your life. There is no technology to "fix" that, either, because entirely rewiring your chromosomal makeup would kill you. Full stop. Face it; you will never be female.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Good point, Carl. You can take estrogen as I do and have a feminine appearance, and God forbid, have your privates carved up to approximate female genitalia, and alter your voice to sound like a woman, but you will remain genetically a male.
Gender disphoria is no joke as I have been afflicted to some extent, and I would not wish that on my worse enemy.
In our resurrected state we will not suffer that affliction. So I do not dream of having a body of a woman in the future.

John
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JohnH wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:05 pmGender disphoria is no joke as I have been afflicted to some extent, and I would not wish that on my worse enemy.
Trust me on this one, I am not slagging off on the folks who suffer from that; it's a devastating condition. However, constantly whinging about it and parroting rad-fem dogma is certainly of no help -- either to the sufferer or to the community. If the guy needs help, he should seek it out. Perhaps SRS is indicated. Maybe not. I don't know, and I'm not in a position to judge. It's abundantly clear that he's not happy being male. But what about the millions of men who are happy -- even if they drew bad hands when the cards were being dealt?
In our resurrected state we will not suffer that affliction. So I do not dream of having a body of a woman in the future.
Nobody knows if "resurrection" is even a thing -- and it's likely unknowable. However, the dogma does seem to indicate that you'll be you after you die -- and that does not mean "SRS included".

That said, being a straight male who wears skirts, and given the measure of social interaction, it's a bleak picture, and I accept that I am likely to be on a solo flight from here on out. I have more women acquaintances and friends than I can shake a stick at -- but there's that ever-elusive problem of "taking it to the next level" which never seems to happen. But, it's better to be alone and a free man than one in a relationship and in chains. I'll take my life as it is.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Carl, I'm.not alone socially. I am a member of a warm and caring church congregation that accept me the way I am. I.look forward to Sunday morning where I may wear a dress and heels or a man's coat and tie outfit. And on Wednesdays we have a simple meal together and afterwards, choir rehearsal.
I am the only true bass singer in the choir, and we need more lower octave "men" singers (one tenor is a woman). And most of the time on Wednesdays I wear a dress.
If only the Roman Catholic church had accepted women as God given trebles in choirs the ugly business of the castrati would have been averted. The Eastern Orthodox churches have accepted women in choirs.

John
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

In the Bible Jesus demanded that we love each other as he loves everyone, in John 13:343-35. By that it shouldn't matter what we wear, how we identify our gender, colour of our skin or any other matter regardless. People get upset if you create a picture of a man in dark skin and call him Jesus because they believe his skin should be white. Everybody has a mental picture who they believe what Jesus looks like and they cannot accept someone else mental picture that is different.
I personally would like to see that we all be able having clothing that depict Jesus in a modern T-Shirt dress with a crowd rejecting him because he is wearing a dress that is claim of being women clothes. Above that picture having a statement that rejecting each other we are rejecting God's love. I see this would make a statement about all the hate that goes on daily. Unfortunately I'm not an artist. Best thing I can draw is a stick people.

This has nothing to do if you do or don't believe in the Bible. It's about addressing the hate. This is how I would address the hate if I was an artist.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

jamie001 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:33 pm Maybe so, but wouldn’t it be nice to get a beautiful girl body?
No.

Carl's right, your going to have to play the hand you were dealt, or you're going to be very unhappy.

Beauty....

"If that what you seek, you find not within, you will never find it without."

Simply being a girl doesn't make you beautiful my friend... it comes from within, and can manifest in men and women alike.

Kindness, compassion, charity, good will, friendship... all are things of beauty.

A dog that licks your nose when your crying.. beautiful.

An old couple of 50 years holding each other close while they dance together in their living room.... beautiful.

A grandmother who kneels to pray with her grandson who's going through a rough patch... beautiful.

Sitting on the porch with your father, watching the sun set over the mountains, just talking... beautiful.

A physically attractive young women who is addicted to her phone making duck face selfies to shamelessly post on Instagram while thousands of men tell her all the things they'd like to do to her....

... not so much... I'm fact, I find it rather repulsive.
-Andrea
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I also.add that I have an affectionate cat that licks my nose...beautiful.

John
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

I'm kind of a boring person then - I just don't worry about "the after". I mean - I live my life according to my moral compass (informed by my faith) but I don't dwell on what happens. Maybe it's avoidance, but what does it matter? We won't know until then, so <shrugs>, whatever. I see people around me fretting (not here necessarily) about what is to come etc... but really, we won't know and imho, to me it doesn't matter so long as one lives a just and fair life.