David Ross Lawn

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Uncle Al

Re: David Ross Lawn

Post by Uncle Al »

I've never heard about him either.

I did try to listen to his 'piano-esque' music which sounded like his interpretation of - - something.....
I really didn't hear anything original.
About 2 minutes of my time wasted, when I clicked out of the 'link'. Not my cup of tea :!:
He gives me the impression of the proverbial 3 chord song writer, who can't get enough of himself.

( To those who think I don't know what I'm talking about, I started piano lessons at 5 1/2 years of age,
switched to organ at 9 years of age. Played Baritone Sax in the school band and, recently, added clarinet.
I have accompanied silent films, where the theatre organist must interpret the film, with musical sounds
and effects - bringing the film to life. )

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Jim wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:11 pm My adult son suggested I change into pants before going someplace formal with him a few times. I politely declined and he now seems used to it.
I have a friend that knows that he has to give me a day's notice.
I can't just drop what I'm doing to have lunch and run around down for a while like we used to when we lived in the same town.
I met him one day for lunch and was wearing leggings that day.
After lunch, he suggested I change clothes so we could go running around town.
I told him I didn't have time to do that today, maybe next time.
One of the few times I will put on jeans or slacks to run around town during the day.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Uncle Al wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:41 pm I've never heard about him either.

I did try to listen to his 'piano-esque' music which sounded like his interpretation of - - something.....
I really didn't hear anything original.
About 2 minutes of my time wasted, when I clicked out of the 'link'. Not my cup of tea :!:
He gives me the impression of the proverbial 3 chord song writer, who can't get enough of himself.

( To those who think I don't know what I'm talking about, I started piano lessons at 5 1/2 years of age,
switched to organ at 9 years of age. Played Baritone Sax in the school band and, recently, added clarinet.
I have accompanied silent films, where the theatre organist must interpret the film, with musical sounds
and effects - bringing the film to life. )

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
I agree AL it's all a bit try hard. But sometimes we all can be a bit try hard until we find our own way / style.

Time spent looking at something new is never wasted.

I'm definitely not well versed in music. More or aging 80s rocker. My wife plays the piano which we had to give to a family member due to space in our tiny Victorian terrace. I was taken to a Philip Glass recital by another musician. I was reticent but I was pleasantly surprised by the music.