Kilting Diversity

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Kilting Diversity

Post by r.m.anderson »

Modoc wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:55 am
FLbreezy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:02 pmKilts are a bit of a gateway drug for easing into skirting. A guy in a kilt is merely eccentric, but a guy in a skirt begs all sorts of questions. It takes a lot of self-confidence to make that leap! I do like to wear kilts but but skirts are so much easier and can be less fussy. A kilt is to a skirt as a dirndl is to a dress...it's a costume and it's a bit fussy (measurements, straps, etc) and it stands out.
A kilt was my introduction to public skirt skirt-wearing. I wore it two times a week apart and bought another because I liked it so much, though I never wore the second; I haven't worn either since the first two weeks, coming up on 4 years now. I much prefer the ease and simplicity of the skirts and an occasional dress.
YES wearing a skirt is a lot less conforming and possibly weight intensive sans pleats and aprons.
Every little breeze or storm winds present minimum material so you all be careful.
At this time in the northern hemisphere best not be tooo cool - consider the elements.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

FLbreezy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:02 pm
Kilts are a bit of a gateway drug for easing into skirting. A guy in a kilt is merely eccentric, but a guy in a skirt begs all sorts of questions. It takes a lot of self-confidence to make that leap!
With (non-kilt) skirts we seem to be at a stage where one's presence is tolerated, but you aren't really accepted. Being not so much an eccentric, but rather, a mutant.

The metaphor being the man at a dance-shunned by women-alone in a corner, sipping a drink.

How do we go from that to having eccentric status?
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

To rephrase.....

To go from :cyclopsani: .

To something more like :mrgreen: .