LEG WARMERS trending COMEBACK

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
big_daddy_thong

LEG WARMERS trending COMEBACK

Post by big_daddy_thong »

Let's discuss legwarmers, made famous in the 80's during the Aerobic exercise craze and the movie Flashdance. In recent years they are trending in a fashion comeback, just like anything old is new again. I have seen mostly women wearing them on recent occasions. I used to wear them back in the day for dance exercise workouts to the gym with my leggings. They provide an extra layer of warmth in winter since I have continued wearing skirts in the cold. Now they seem more practical for cold weather wear with knee length skirts over thermal tights for added warmth on cold and windy winter days. Depending on how long they are you can get them from ankle to mid-thigh length to match accordingly with the type of skirt. I have been looking at brick and mortar retail stores like TJ MAXX, GOODWILL, ROSS and Burlington with not much luck. But I found a wide variety of sources online. I also like to not just wear them with my skirts and leggings alone but to yoga practice.

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/? ... tslf=14830

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=leg%20war ... prefix=leg

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=leg+warmers& ... doa-p_1_11
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Re: LEG WARMERS trending COMEBACK

Post by Mouse »

I have a pair of leg warmers I use around the house. As you say, they keep your legs warm.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

I have a pair of 36-inch wool cable knit leg warmers that go all the way up to my hips. I really haven't found any way to use them other than just around
the house. I could envision someone wearing them out, but probably not me. But then again, who knows?
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Seb

Post by Seb »

I made a pair last year, and my wife made a pair for my wrists. I also have a thick pair of knitted knee socks. I have very cold hands and feet. I usually dont need them when out and about but when im still in the car or at home.
Not alone with a dream, Just a want to be free, With a need to belong,
I am a skirtsman
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Freedom
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Apart from 80s retro hen-dos then as a fashion item I can't say that I have particularly noticed any, so perhaps not a come back in the UK (yet?). I will keep an eye out now it's been mentioned. I know the Japanese wear them quite a bit.

In the dance world I don't think they really ever went out of fashion as they serve to keep the legs warm during warm up or when not dancing. I often wear them to my pole classes for the same reason, although I have also been known to wear them with a short skirt too.