Before I Wore Skirts I Never...

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Before I Wore Skirts I Never...

Post by Coder »

…had to worry about using the men’s restroom*. Ugh, I hate having to go to the restroom. They do have a single-occupant one in my building but it’s not super convenient. Yesterday as I was going back to my car I used the single-occupant one in another building that is on my way, less stress and such. I’ve never been confronted in the men’s, but I often am worried about a guy being vocal and telling me I’m in the wrong place. So mostly worries.

*this isn’t entirely true - I have many worries about using a public restroom that have nothing to do with wearing skirts.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

If a man should tell you that you are in the wrong place when going to the men's restroom, just reply with something like "sorry dude, I did not see it was women's restroom" :lol: That tells it all
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Around 2005 I suddenly started getting stage fright. Just couldn't go if anyone was there.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Coder wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:48 pm …had to worry about using the men’s restroom*. Ugh, I hate having to go to the restroom. ...................
*this isn’t entirely true - I have many worries about using a public restroom that have nothing to do with wearing skirts.
The only time I dislike it is if I have to sit and that was with pants as well because you have to bare your bum anyway on the public toilet seat.
If it is just a pee, I happily stand at the urinal and lift the front on the mini skirt, very easy and the skirt offers a bit of modesty to anyone standing nearby. Never had a comment, except about the weather, and don't expect any about my attire.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Before I wore skirts, (openly), I never realised that I could have so much fun with clothes.
I also never realised how I could use them to be so bloody minded with some disapprovers.
Skirts have turned me into a rebel with a cause!
Steve.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Modoc wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:12 pm
new2skirts wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:12 pm Perhaps I am overthinking things but worrying about when nature calls, especially when in a tight skirt... and dealing with coordination of shoes to bags :oops:
You're not overthinking a bit. Some of the most awkward times I've had are when wearing a skirt and using a large public men's room. I usually opt for the stalls because hiking up a midi-length skirt to pee in the urinals seems more likely to draw unwanted attention. At least that is how I see it. Shorter skirts are easier to deal with as long as you don't have to fuss with leggings or tights and such.
Thanks for letting me know.... not to disclose too much information but my doctor said I needed to drink more water daily to keep my kidneys in better condition, but as a result need to pee more often. Some pairs of briefs are tighter than others and not as easy to get to half mast so to speak once I pull my skirt up and sit (I did try a urinal once but it got too many puzzled looks, so I use the disabled toilet or a stall)... it's worse with more flowing skirts if trying to keep them out of the toilet bowl :mrgreen:

My colleagues are amused, but put up with me. I might copy this local influencer
332441076_659803242819328_4311988832604499010_n.jpg
Who has the best taste in corporate wear to keep things simple. Less material to deal with in a knee length skirt :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

Pull the skirt right up and tuck it under your chin, but just make sure you don’t release it midstream. There’s an art to it and of course it’s not one for the urinals.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Midas wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:52 pm Pull the skirt right up and tuck it under your chin, but just make sure you don’t release it midstream. There’s an art to it and of course it’s not one for the urinals.
I always go into one of the stalls if available. Now days I have a walker, so it's into the handicap stall for me.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Midas wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:52 pm Pull the skirt right up and tuck it under your chin, but just make sure you don’t release it midstream. There’s an art to it and of course it’s not one for the urinals.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Next calf length circle skirt I wear to work, I'll try it :D
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

You must be looking the wrong way unless there are mirrors in by your urinals -- I've not idea what "looks" may occur, but I've never had anyone say anything. I did have pants on two days ago -- a very rare event for me -- working at the barn, in the mud and up a ladder to isolate a resident owl's minstrations upon the vehicles below; and changing canopies on my pickup -- my only thought about the matter was that it was a nuisance having to take a pee while in pants vs a skirt. The simplicity of such is one of the appeals, and to be in and out of a public restroom quicker is often an olfactory benefit!
Max

Post by Max »

Never enjoyed clothes shopping.

Never received a compliment on my attire.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

You got two out of two on that reply, at least for this old boy.

One you missed was "the breeze between the knees". I still recall the first time I ever screwed up the courage to venture out into my old backyard in a skirt, and upon coming back inside commented to my then lady-partner, "I've been cheated all these years!" just from experiencing the physical sensations of being part of the environment instead of being walled off from it. It was magical.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Faldaguy wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:57 am The simplicity of such is one of the appeals, and to be in and out of a public restroom quicker is often an olfactory benefit!
At least for looser fitting skirts. I have never tried this with a skirt that fits more tightly.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

Max wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:07 am Never enjoyed clothes shopping.

Never received a compliment on my attire.
I did! Whilst never way out, I always looked for something a bit unusual and often got compliments.

However, as time has progressed, the range of men’s styles has contracted to the point where I don’t give it much thought.

When wearing kilts (and if I ever get to wear skirts regularly) much more care is required.