Ballet Flats for Men Articles

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Uncle Al

Re: Ballet Flats for Men Articles

Post by Uncle Al »

[Mod Hat - ON]
jamie001 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:49 pmYes attempting to masculinize the shoe totally kills the look. The logic comes from the archaic viewpoint that anything a man wears has to be different and distinct from anything a woman wears because men are superior and would never wear a women’s artistic clothing or a shoe.
<snip>
Therefore, the skirt manufacturer should give us feminine looking skirts using exactly the materials and colors that are used for women but the proportions and cut of the skirt modified to fit the biological male body. This is my two cents for whatever it is worth.

OK jamie001, if YOU want to have a feminized look, you go for it.
But
STOP TRYING TO FORCE - YOUR - IDEAS ONTO THE MEMBERSHIP OF SKIRT CAFE' :!:

Skirt Cafe' is about Men wearing skirts(and kilts) AS MEN, not women wannabe's.

You've been warned, in a few other posts, that 'feminized' men is not what Skirt Cafe' is about.
Several members have commented on your consistent pushing feminization upon the Cafe' members.

This needs to stop or further action will be taken :!:

Uncle Al
Admin Staff

[Mod Hat - OFF]

(Damn hat still itches after digging it out of mothballs)
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Is it possible to feminise men against their will?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:03 pmIs it possible to feminise men against their will?
Entirely likely, no, but that won't stop the zealot from trying.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

crfriend wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:28 am
Barleymower wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:03 pmIs it possible to feminise men against their will?
Gods Guys, there is a whole genre of fantasy/erotic literature based on that very topic.
From my limited viewing, repetitive drivel based on some very strange wishful thinking.
Seems to operate on the "I want to be a girl but I need someone to force me to wear the clothes" basis.
Real life just does not operate like that in my experience.
BTW, soft flat shoes are very very comfy whether masculine or feminine and they can work with a multitude of outfits too, including a tutu.
Steve
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

crfriend wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:28 am
Then let's not worry about it.
brennk

Post by brennk »

jamie001 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:40 pm We need to femme up our looks, not masculinize women's shoes like ballet flats.
I frankly don't care if my look is "femmed up" or not. I wear ballet flats because they are comfortable. Some are feminine (Tieks) and some are less so (Softstar). Both are very comfortable and a key part of my "eccentric" personality. Same goes for skirts, tights or whatever else I may "borrow" from the other side of the store.
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

Ballet flats are very comfortable whether feminine or masculine and they go well with my long and short kilts as well as my short skirts or leggings. I like the look and will continue to wear them when out and about.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."