Pessimism or Optimism?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pessimism or Optimism?

Post by STEVIE »

Faldaguy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:07 am A simple and easy approach to personal integrity. Too many are afraid of their own shadow.
TheSkirtedMan wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:46 pm I needed Counselling in 2011 because I allowed society to dictate and control me.
Which goes to show that it is far from easy Faldaguy, we can only deal with our own fears in our own way and be grateful we have learnt.
SkirtedMan, it is a pity that you couldn't join Sinned and I when we met in York in March but I hope you will consider attending the mass meeting being planned for Newcastle on Saturday 28th September 2024.
Steve.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

STEVIE wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:39 am
SkirtedMan, it is a pity that you couldn't join Sinned and I when we met in York in March but I hope you will consider attending the mass meeting being planned for Newcastle on Saturday 28th September 2024.
Steve.
Have responded uner your Mass Meet in Get-together section.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

TheSkirtedMan wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:24 pm Have responded uner your Mass Meet in Get-together section.
Thanks

Steve
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

STEVIE wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:39 am
Faldaguy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:07 am A simple and easy approach to personal integrity. Too many are afraid of their own shadow.
TheSkirtedMan wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:46 pm I needed Counselling in 2011 because I allowed society to dictate and control me.
Which goes to show that it is far from easy Faldaguy, we can only deal with our own fears in our own way and be grateful we have learnt.
Steve.
Steve, my prose was not as precise as perhaps it should have been. I did not mean to suggest the action was easy -- most of us know it is difficult indeed; what I did wish to convey was the "philosophy" of not waiting for the herd to approve a benign choice, is a pragmatic (simple) philosophy. Courage in the face of societal contempt comes to few and often it is takes the likes of MLK, Gandhi, or Mandela to turn the tide.