Local wildlife

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Local wildlife

Post by crfriend »

Here's one of the big benefits of living "out in the sticks". How often does one see this in urbanised areas?
Boylston-Bruins.jpg
These yearlings were in my backyard a few days ago, raiding the bird-feeder, as they were trying to fatten up before denning for the winter. They were quite literally about ten feet away from my kitchen door where the picture was taken from (at my normal eye-angle; I should have shot from a lower one).

Massachusetts (USA) can be a pretty wild place to live in!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Local wildlife

Post by denimini »

Great to see and no doubt experience.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I'd seen photographic evidence of a bear here before, but seeing these two up so close was just magical.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Carl, Great photo and a little fortunate you had a camera to hand.

Here in deepest primeval Ireland, apart from the odd deer, about the best we can manage to capture are foxes and the like. These two frolicking cubs were seen on the lawn behind our Practice. To encourage butterflies & bees we didn't mow for a time and the wild flowers took over.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !